Just 1 night- go cheap or splurge?

riggins

You can't always get what you want, but if you try
Hi guys-
We're planning our September trip and I need your thoughts. We're DVC members and will be staying in a 2-bedroom at BCV Sun-Thurs nights, but we're coming in on Saturday. I decided to save some points and just stay elsewhere for cash that night. We arrive on Saturday at 11:15am and will plan to head to MK in the evening for Spectro and Wishes. We're planning AK on Sunday.

So, here's my dilemma . . . since its just one night, should we just stay at one of the Values and save some money? I'm thinking maybe WL or AKL might also be good choices based on our park plans. We're bringing my parents for their first visit, and I think they'd love WL or AKL theming, but I hate to spend money unnecessarily. What would you do?

Thanks!
Leslie

riggins said:
We're bringing my parents for their first visit, and I think they'd love WL or AKL theming, but I hate to spend money unnecessarily.

Just one night? You know what they say about first impressions ... book WL/AKL!!! :teeth:

We are also DVC'ers and we drive in from NY. So, we arrive late on Sat. night and stay in a hotel to save our points. We have stayed at a value, and DH says never again!!LOL We are spoiled! ;) Last time for the 1 night we stayed at POR and I felt it was fine for the 1 night and we paid only $99 so it worked for me. DH didn't like it! So, my advice would be to stay at the WL for the 1 night. You will be close to MK so easy access to see the parade, easy transportation too. Also, the resort is just beautiful but cheaper than other deluxes. On Sun have them transfer your luggage to BCV and enjoy AK.

On a side note, we will probably keep staying at mods for our arrival night. We get in so late and like to check in early the next day to DVC and always have that as a resort day, no parks. DH will have to deal with it!!LOL I just can't see spending alot for that 1 night in our situation.

Thanks for the quick replies. As always, you guys are great.

Gymbomom- Its 2 rooms, so double the difference in cost.

Like I said, its my parents first trip. My mom is excited and looking forward to a week of fun with her grandkids, but my dad is a little more reluctant. He's a big outdoorsman who would really rather be in the woods somewhere. So, part of me would love for us to show up at AKL or WL b/c I know he'd be impressed. But, the practical side of me says its not worth an extra $200 just so he can be impressed. It makes me feel better to see that some of you are agreeing with my impractical side.

I'm a splurger, so I say go for it! I have never regretted it... This is just me though, I feel where you stay (with the theming, convenience, etc) makes/breaks the experience for us. Sounds like you will have a great trip either way, and with your dad being an outdoorsman, he will love the WL and AKL. Maybe it will make him less reluctant???. And September will be a great time to go (cheaper rates than other times ;) ), so have fun!!

I am a splurger too but I would go cheap that night - you will get in - and head right back out to a park - gone all evening and only there in the morning long enough to check out...in my opinion it isn't worth it.

Liz

I am a splurger so I would go with AKL or WL, but I don't know if I would head out for an entire day of the parks - especially at AKL. I feel like there is more to look at while staying at AKL. ANY resort will set them up to be completely impressed with your 2 bedroom unit at BCV! Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter