June, July, August PLANNING thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hiya everyone, :wave2:

RMHM, OOOhhh I would be scared about that too. We see alot of 4-wheeler accidents at our hospital. Dangerous. Glad she is wearing her helmet. :thumbsup2
Was worried about you guys when saw the news about the tornado's that hit texas. Scary. Glad you guys got missed.
We also live in a high tornado area. Nasty business.

Those Tornados are so unpredictable. One minute here, next over there and before you know it back where it started.

Thanks for thinking about us. Tornado hit about 35 and 50 miles south of us. last year we had one touch down and go straight back up into the sky about 1000 yards from us. WOW!! that was very scary.

We have tornados here as well. There have been a couple that I remember being really bad.

It was a couple of years ago that I was in Western Michigan and a Tornado touched down close to the hotel.....I actually slept through the Tornado warning sirens, the calls to each room to wake the guests and tell them to go to their bathrooms....all of it.

In the morning at breakfast everyone was talking about it and I had to be shown a photo one guest took because I thought they were pulling a prank.

It had the freight train noise and everything. :scared:

TP2- Glad you checked the exact dates:angel: ....when I recieved the PIN code back in the winter, I was only concerned with the BWV...so Im glad your resort cat. has its discounts sooner !! I agree about FD/V/RO for you. It IS a greater savings for sure !!!: :littleangel:

MKY-Im all ready for all the "Fab-u-lic-ous" "Chaos" of the New Jersey HW soon !!:scared1: ;)

Hope Everyone living near Oklahoma stays safe from the Tornados I just heard about !! :grouphug:

Hiya everyone, :wave2:

Wow, we where just talking about the weather and wham, Oklahoma was hit. Scary stuff and its only May.
Everyone, try and stay safe.
Weather is cooling off here tonight. been in high 80's for a week.

TP2, find anything promising yet?

Tomar, I hear you, we are ready too.

Happy Planning, Wow, we are at 1 month. WooHoo :hyper: Can not believe how fast this is happening.
Which is a good thing, since work has been, busy off and on.

Anyone, ever go to the beach? :beach: Looking at cocoa beach for a quick afternoon trip in case we get claustraphobic in the summer crowds??
Wondering about parking available.

mky :cutie:

Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend. :wizard: Was cold, and wet here. Good thing I worked the long weekend. ::yes::
But, we don't make the big money holidays. Oh well. But, working memorial day > means off 4th of July. :banana:

Its almost June, WooHoo. :wizard:

Happy planning all. mky :cutie:

Hi everyone!

We had such nice weather this past weekend. It was warm but not too hot and a nice breeze. Perfect. I worked all weekend too...but since it was outside, all was good.

I did get a bit too much sun even with lots of sunscreen. :goodvibes

I wish we were planning for a summer trip but no such luck!

MKY - we have only been to the Cocoa beach area to get on the Disney ship. I have heard parking can be difficult but if you got there in the AM I am sure you would be able to find a spot. I am going to guess most people don't get there until later in the morning.

Txs Candi,
that is pretty much our experience too. :thumbsup2

Think we are pretty prepared this time. still have alot of our stuff ready from april. :rolleyes1

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

:wizard: mky

Hi Everyone...Hope all is well. We are booked for Universal!!! I am having a hard time not visiting Disney.Trying to talk DH into just a few night at POR and maybe only hit the parks 1 day. But Universal looks really nice. Booked Royal Pacific. Can't imagine it not being nice. Pictures look amazing.

Hope everyone is having a safe weekend. Storms are terrible these days. Crazy stuff.

Royal Pacific is very nice.

Walking to the parks is also very nice.

I think you will have a good time! It's a vacation after all!!:thumbsup2

Okay, so I am getting way too old. I cleaned up the garden yesterday and pulled the weeds between the garage and the fence, and today I can hardly move! My back is killing me and my knees don't want to bend. :confused3

My car crash injuries still haunt me. I had been doing okay this year because I only did a small amount at a time, but yesterday I just wanted it done! Now I am done! :lmao:

TP2 - we hit Universal for the first time in March and DD14 loved it and DD17 said it was good but not as Magical as Disney. We stayed at the Portofino and it was beautiful but very expensive.

I found the food at Universal really poor but we did not hit any sit down restaurants on property.

Hiya everyone! :wave2:

Happy June :thumbsup2

TP2, Your kids will love it. US is alot of fun > the girls must like rollar coasters and US / IOA is loaded with them. There was enough "sedate" rides to keep bug & I busy too. ;) But, beware >> their water rides are all water! We actually had to run back to the room soak down to undies. We saw people stripping to swim suits and thought HUH? and found out in a hurry. Save the water rides for last before returning to room and do them all in a row.
A good friend just stayed at royal pacific and loved it too. That is the only one we haven't tried. Did not like HRH at all & loved Portfino bay.
They all had super pools.

Candi, I hear you. Had a long 4 day weekend off > cleaned house solid for 2 days and was sooooooooooooooo worn out didn't do another thing. :confused3

:hyper: Well we are down to 21 days! :hyper: Getting excited.
Hoping for great weather. It has been cold and raining here > and are dreaming of sitting at pool........:beach:

Tomar, NJ housewives tonight! ::yes:: Let the chaos begin.....

mky :cutie:

NBA City has good food. We all liked it. There is also a way to make an online reservation too which is helpful. I will have to remind myself how to do that. I'd skip meals in the parks and hit City Walk.

The one bakery on the right on the way into Universal is very good...gets great reviews. Everyone seemed to like that.

When we were at Universal...I could still eat a few things:rotfl2:

DH and I are hooked on many shows on the Food Network.:lmao:
Most of the stuff on Chopped I have never heard of before:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter