June, July, August PLANNING thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hiya everyone, :yay:

Tp2 & Tomar, hope the hurricane misses you. That looks like some storm. pictures are scary.

Have a great rest of week, mky princess:

Thank you MKY but it looks like the "Frankenstorm" is coming right up the east coast to visit us this weekend unfortunately ! :scared1::scared1::scared1:
Went to the Supermarket today....the water isle was empty !! We were able to snag the last 4 gallons of water and a case of bottled water ...Batteries are nowhere to be found ...Mr. Tomar is going to try again tomorrow..I am hoping that our power will stay on, but our development is the first in the area to go when something like this happens !! Y U K:sad2:...TP2 & Family Stay Safe !!! :hug:
On the Little Prince and Princess front....the Princess had to go back in and have another tube put in her ear this week...this is the 3rd one ! I hope this is the charm !:sad2:...and...The little Prince is scheduled for the tonsilectomy on Thurs., so many prayers going on in the tomar household these days :angel::angel::angel:
Hope everyone has a good weekend :grouphug:....we will probably be busy... entertaining Hurricane Sandy !:crazy2: :crazy2:

So I have to say that I am a little excited for the hurricane!:hyper: Sounds crazy but life has been so busy it will be nice to have some quiet time at home with the kids.:blush: No one else around, just us. Got some provisions. Flashlights, candles, matches, making blocks of ice in case the fridge goes out. We have 3 coolers, my biggest worry is the food in the fridge if we lose power for a long time.

Tomar: Good luck this week.:grouphug: You sure have your hands full. No fun when kids are sick, let alone surgery.:sad1: Hopefully the storm wont be as bad as they are saying.pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. Happy Halloween!!!:tongue:::MinnieMo

:teacher:Have they called off school yet?:teacher:

Do you have to make up hurricane days? Very strange.

Good Luck Ladies!!

Yes, mky, the cold weather especially this last week near the end has helped and I seem to do better outside. Although with all the dead corn here, the fall harvest wasn't as brutal. Going to see DS through the fields and harvest last fall was NOT good.

EE22: The did not call off school yet but they sent out a message this morning telling everyone to be prepared for early dismissal on Monday, late start on Tuesday or closing of school on Tuesday and late start Wednesday. In case of power outages, be prepared to find out of closings from other means. Buy car chargers for smart phones to stay in contact but cell service may be down. Lots of warnings. Fill your gas tank, extra wood for fire, propan for the BBQ. You get the message. We are set. It will be like a blizzard without the snow.:lmao: We have 3 days built into the year and after that we have to make them up. 2 years ago we used 4 and the state released us of having to make it up so I guess it all depends.

Tomar: Good luck this week.:grouphug: You sure have your hands full. No fun when kids are sick, let alone surgery.:sad1: Hopefully the storm wont be as bad as they are saying.pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. Happy Halloween!!!:tongue:::MinnieMo

Right back at Cha TP2 :grouphug:..Stay Safe !! :angel:...It is starting to get windy here in NJ !...:scared1:...I suppose we are as ready as we could possibly be pixiedust: ...the warnings have been ongoing since Friday...The Lines for Gas at the stations are out of control here the last couple of days ...
We filled up the both cars yesterday thank goodness !

Thank you EE22 for the good wishes !!:hug:

Hold on you guys. Hoping for the best with this storm. I cannot imagine > scary. Hope everyone does ok, keep in touch when you have power.

Tomar, such bad timing for you and your family. So much stuff at once. Hang in there. One day at a time.

TP2, nice that you get an "extra" day or two with the girls and family. Got to look on the positives.

Believe it or not > we are getting hurricane warnings here. Lake Michigan has waves on 6 to 8 ft today and expect up to 25 ft. :scared: And we are only getting some of the outer bands. Mostly just wind from what they are saying. Candi must be in about the same position. But, EE22, might not even get that.

We where at wdw during hurricane gabriella, one year. Stayed at GF that trip. It came in around Tampa and by time we got it > was a tropical storm with winds at 75 miles / hr. It was the same trip as 911. We have never returned to wdw in september again. What a trip. So depressing. We just wanted to go home, and we where stuck there for almost 2 weeks, after 911.
The wind and sound of it was really something. Rain was all side ways. And the temperature when it began and left went from 90's to 60s. It was really cold. :confused3 Not sure why but it was. We bought a bunch of sweat shirts that trip.

Hope all goes well with everyone, pixiedust: :) pixiedust:

mky princess:

I don't think we'll have anything from the hurricane. We feel it when they come up from the Gulf, but that hasn't happened in awhile.

I hope everyone is safe. Hopefully I won't see DD in the waves along Lake Michigan:scared1:

Stay Safe everyone!!

TP2 & Tomar, so so sorry for the storm. They have been covering it well here and unbelievable. EE22 told me when she heard from you so I know your all safe, but I am sure shook up. Hope they restore power soon.
My brother in law was sent out somewhere east for the power company to help out. Surprisely, so far we have only gotten some wind but not bad at all. I think northwest indiana is where it stopped and turned more north.
Candi looks like she is involved too.

pixiedust: & prayers.

mky pixiedust:

The news reports are awful. :worried:

I won't be able to watch it much longer. I saw the NYC wouldn't have power till maybe Monday.

My family out East is well too...thank goodness!

They are predicting another icky storm early next week too...not as bad, but still rain. Not good.

Hiya, :wave2:

Glad to hear, our dis friends are safe. Sounds like a huge ordeal, can't even image but everyone is safe. pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: Might not even help. Lots of tv coverage was very scary.

Candi, let us know how you did?

Seems like it stopped in northwest Indiana and headed north. We got some waves and wind but very doable. :wizard: Luckily.

Hang in there, mky :wizard:

Hiya, :wave2:

Wow, it was cold here today. I can't believe its November already.

Hope our East coast friends :littleangel: are hanging in there. pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

mky princess:

Hiya all, :hyper:

Hope things get back to normal soon > but now with this nor-eastern blowing in tonight > tommorrow might not. So so soooooooooo sorry.
Hang in there you guys, we are all thinking of you & sending our prayers.

Raining here so that is even headed east, sorry. Been cold too. also sorry. Seems we can't help. :sad2:

Hang in there all.

Big day in USA tonight. Good luck all, mky :wizard:

Hello Everyone - Hope all is good and everyone is healthy. Weather is up and down here in Texas... I am like mkymouse4ever. November is almost half way through. The stores have Christmas Decor out already. WOW !!! I just laugh at the TV commercials :happytv: Really !!! Holiday Music ?? :rotfl2:

Well HELLO everyone!!! So 9 days with no power and about 7 without the ability to communicate from home.:faint: So crazy. Finally got power at noon today but we are getting warnings about this new storm that our power is only temporary. So no food purchases. Just buying food by the meal. Supposedly there is help to replace lost food if you go more than 4 hours without power. I am sure 9 days qualifies but I have to figure the whole thing out. Our power lines are still sitting on the grouend in a lot of areas. I think they used duct tape to get us up and running today. Did laundry and showered. Kids finally going back to school tomorrow but no other activities other than school. Worst part of this whole thing is the gas shortage. Instead of getting a break from home we became more and more homebound because there is just no gas. Very scary. Another scary thing is telling your 8 year old, on a restricted diet, that she has to choose from a limited menu because that is all the store has. But our house is fine and we are all okay so it is all just a hassle and nothing that wont get better. Thanks for all the good wishes.:grouphug:

TP2,

So happy to hear from you. :) :woohoo: :) Glad you got your power on, looks like your next storm is going to be bad too. Sorry.
The news has done a great job of covering the devasation, so we have all been so worried. Hope the gas crisis gets fixed soon.
But, I guess spending that time with your family was at least a plus.
And that your house has survived that is a relief.

Hang in there. pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: We are all here for you. :thumbsup2 :grouphug:

mky princess:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter