June 8, 2013 Mediterranean Magic!!

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by MrsKP, Jan 26, 2012.

1. DisneyOHFan

DisneyOHFan Livin' for Disney

That is so great. It will make the trip even more special for both families.

Do you still want to get together next month and share notes?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DisneyHelen

DisneyHelen Mouseketeer

Booked plane tickets to Barcelona today and getting excited for this trip!

4. DisneyOHFan

Fabulous. The time will be here before we know it.

5. Stevens

Stevens Earning My Ears

Hiya all... So looking forward to our 4th Disney cruise, just came off the magical Disney fantasy in July...looking forward to June 2013, also will be on board for my birthday!!! :)

6. Stevens

Stevens Earning My Ears

Also, can you add me to the facebook group please, I tried clicking on the link but didn't work xx thanks xx

7. DisneyOHFan

If you want to PM me your facebook name, I can try and add you. Otherwise, please try this link https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/344197512305065/

8. Stevens

Stevens Earning My Ears

Thank you, it has worked this time, just waiting for some1 to except me!, :)

9. DisneyOHFan

Got you added :)

10. Angie_Ohio

Angie_Ohio Mouseketeer

It's official! I have changed my cruise to the 7 night and will be joining everyone for this fabulous vacation. I am Angie and will be bringing my two sons 14 and 16. June 2011, I took my now 18 year old son on the 11 night Med. cruise. We had a great time. So glad I threw a coin in the Trevi Fountain!
    :cool1:

11. DisneyOHFan

FABULOUS!!! We are also from OH and our son will be 15 at the time of sailing.

12. asemaria

asemaria Mouseketeer

Welcome Angie and Stevens!
    Angie: check out our Facebook site!

13. simbasmom2

simbasmom2 Just waitin around till boarding time!

Welcome Angie! We are also from Ohio and have two girls that will be 16 and 13. We have a bunch of Ohioans on this cruise. Guess we are all trying to escape:rotfl:. Still watching the airfare closely. I sure do hope we can all catch a deal!:)

14. DisneyHelen

DisneyHelen Mouseketeer

Counting down 9 months to go!:dance3:

15. ruthjohn

ruthjohn Earning My Ears

I can't wait!!! :cool1:

16. Angie_Ohio

Angie_Ohio Mouseketeer

My kid's last day of school is June 6th. Last year they had some exams on the last day. I really want to leave this day to travel and have a day in Barcelona before the cruise. Flights leave Cleveland just before noon and arrive in Spain the next morning. Hopefully they can take exams early in the morning. If this doesn't work out we will stay a day or two after.

We plan to do our excursions on our own except maybe the Disney one to Sorrento. We went to Pompeii on our own last time and it was great.

17. MrsKP

MrsKP Mouseketeer

Okay, I am thoroughly freaked out now. For those that have cruised the Med before, how many "formal" nights for dinner are there? What does everyone wear? I was planning on bringing some dresses but nothing super fancy.

18. Angie_Ohio

Angie_Ohio Mouseketeer

Just like a cruise out of Florida, some choose to dress up in formal wear and others in shirts and ties and dresses or slacks. I took two black dresses on a 12 night. I plan on 1 for this cruise. I don't like to pack too much. ;)

Plus, since ports are very time intensive many people are tired from sight seeing and just don't care what they and others are wearing. I know I don't. We are just happy to have a nice place to eat after a long day. :lovestruc

19. MrsKP

MrsKP Mouseketeer

Thank you Angie!! I just do not want to pack more than one suitcase per person!:flower3:

20. castawaycayfans

castawaycayfans DIS Veteran

We are very sad to say that we will not be joining this cruise. We had hoped that the airfare would be a little more reasonable, but unfortunately it has only risen. It has been nice chatting with everyone and we hope that you have a safe and wonderful cruise, it is an amazing one! We loved every port that we visited, especially Barcelona, it is a beautiful city. We will miss going, but will save up for DD14 senior trip, maybe before then, who knows. If we can answer any questions, please let us know. Thanks!!!

Kim and Rob

21. asemaria

asemaria Mouseketeer

How sad :-( !
    But, you are saving for a good cause. It is sad that you won't be joining us.
    Take care and may your future (among many wonderful things) hold a lot of cruising!