June 8-15th - First time

dalton165

Mouseketeer
I can't believe after so many times to Orlando we have never been to Universal, IOA, Aquatica or SeaWorld.

Well this time this trip is just about those parks. I'm an extreme planer so any tips...hints...insider information...is greatly appreciated.

I'm concerned about how busy it will be...Any thoughts of the 2nd week in June?

once it is mid June, park crowds tend to grow.

check out the stickies.
lot of info in them to help you out.

if you need info on a specific subject in the park and don't find a first page thread on it, use the search button.

also, reading some of the trip reports you'll probably see pictures of park rides, characters and the writers experience in the parks.

At that time it's also good if you can stay onsite for the unlimited express pass cause we are going at the same time and staying at RPR

I would love to stay onsite - but we are using an exchange week from RCI. $199 for the week - just can't beat it. More $$$ for the parks & goodies ;).

I read about the Express pass should I buy it ahead of time. Do they put a limit on how many can be sold per day?

I would love to stay onsite - but we are using an exchange week from RCI. $199 for the week - just can't beat it. More $$$ for the parks & goodies ;).

I read about the Express pass should I buy it ahead of time. Do they put a limit on how many can be sold per day?

Can't blame you there
I would wait and see how busy it is on the days your there and you can buy them at the parks cause if you buy them early and don't need them then you paid that money out for nothing and they have sold out before but I have been going for the past few years in June and July and they never sold out when I was there

Wait until you arrive and check out the wait times personally before shelling out the money for the EP. The only real time you'd need to worry about EPs selling out would be around a heavy travel period such as Christmas week or Spring Break. You're visiting during a period that's usually not too busy so you probably won't need them so wait until you arrive.

I remember that on our second trip to UO we were considering buying ep's. We were once again staying off-site, and had friends staying at RPR. We worried and worried about the ep's selling out also. We did end up buying them at the park, but after seeing how our friends had the unlimited ep, we vowed that would be the only way we would do it from then on. So our next trip we stayed at HRH and man oh man what a different trip that was!

We are total converts to staying on-site now.

But we would still go to Universal without ep's if that was our only choice- UO without ep's vs. no UO at all.

And since you are going to UO- with or without ep's- and I am not, I am jealous! ;) Hope you have fun!

Have you checked out Discovery Cove? If you go to DC you get 14 days at both SeaWorld and Aquatica. We love to go and just do the day resort and relax.

Also, I am an extreme planner too..my family makes fun of me but they have tons of fun so ha! I find that with our trips to those parks, I have less planning to do and we tend to just be able to relax more.

We do stay onsite at Universal, but if you get 1 room night it is good for 2 days so that could be an option. Sometimes for a family of 4 for 2 days the cost of the room is significantly less than getting EPs for everyone both days.

When your going it will just starting to get busy, we were there last year that time and the mornings were pretty good but by afternoon the wait times were getting up there. One reason we love EPs is that we can take our time and see what we want when we want. With kids too the shorter wait times are great, so DD wanted to do Spiderman one more time and as we walked by the posted wait time was 90 min....we walked in around 5-10 with the EP

"We do stay onsite at Universal, but if you get 1 room night it is good for 2 days so that could be an option. Sometimes for a family of 4 for 2 days the cost of the room is significantly less than getting EPs for everyone both days. "

So if I book the cheapest room or one night I'll still get the unlimited EP for 2 days?

I'll have to look into that option. Thank you for the information.

"We do stay onsite at Universal, but if you get 1 room night it is good for 2 days so that could be an option. Sometimes for a family of 4 for 2 days the cost of the room is significantly less than getting EPs for everyone both days. "

So if I book the cheapest room or one night I'll still get the unlimited EP for 2 days?

I'll have to look into that option. Thank you for the information.

yes.

when you are a guest at one of the 3 onsite hotels, you get hotel perks.
priority seating at many city walk restaurants, park purchase delivery to your room, unlimited usage of express lines from the time you check in thru check out day, and early entry for parry hotter.

your perks continue in the park until park closing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter