June 27, 2013 - Magic in the Med (Venice)

Thanks for sharing the website, I plan on purchasing as well. Didn't think to do it before the trip, Smart... I'm pretty sure you were on our Baltic Cruise, I remember the name on the Disboards, wonder how many others we'll see. There was a family on our Baltic Cruise that was on our last Med. Cruise, fun to see people again...

Thanks for sharing the website, I plan on purchasing as well. Didn't think to do it before the trip, Smart... I'm pretty sure you were on our Baltic Cruise, I remember the name on the Disboards, wonder how many others we'll see. There was a family on our Baltic Cruise that was on our last Med. Cruise, fun to see people again...
Yes, I loved that Baltic cruise:thumbsup2
That was the first time I did so many excursions without DCL and probably because Barb was on the cruise and was able to relay her previous experiences on a prior non-DCL Baltic cruise. Love these boards for the info and the chance to chat with other people who like the planning stage too:goodvibes

Thanks Laurie (still spelled wrong!), I bought mine for 2 PM on the 26th... Did you have any problems printing the tickets, mine right now are hung up.....
:rotfl: You're welcome Lori (spelled wrong too),
My printing was done late at night so no problems, but the confirmation email they send you also has the tickets attached as well so check your email:upsidedow

I bet that makes it feel more real!!! How exciting! :)

We booked this cruise the day it came out and spent the first month just reading everything we could find. Then my DH lost interest in planning and I've been doing it little by little since then. The trip reports are starting to blend together :lmao:
But, yeah, it is all coming together now.

Really grateful for the folks that took the time and trouble to write trip reports:flower3:
Wish I had that kind of discipline. Both DH and I have tried to keep journals in the past and wind up forgetting about them after a couple days...
Thank God for pictures:goodvibes

We are doing the Amalfi Coast too, skipping Pompeii, our kids did not see Pompeii and it would probably be good for them but I also think they would get bored. How many are in your party? We are renting a driver, we have 4, want to share a car and driver?
Kay

Right now it look like there will be two of us as our daughter got word today that she is being hired by DCL.:cool1:
We have booked RomeinLimo with Carmine as our driver. He is wonderful and we had such a good time with him on our last trip. Had lunch at the most amazing place. "Momma" was in the back cooking up the greatest Italian food. Carmine told "Momma" that our son was a cooking student in America so she invited him back to the kitchen. He said it was spotless and as well run as any at the Culinary Institute of America where he was at the time.

pacurn said:
Right now it look like there will be two of us as our daughter got word today that she is being hired by DCL.:cool1:
We have booked RomeinLimo with Carmine as our driver. He is wonderful and we had such a good time with him on our last trip. Had lunch at the most amazing place. "Momma" was in the back cooking up the greatest Italian food. Carmine told "Momma" that our son was a cooking student in America so she invited him back to the kitchen. He said it was spotless and as well run as any at the Culinary Institute of America where he was at the time.

That's awesome that your daughter got hired by DCL! Do you know what position she was hired for?

Congrats to your daughter :thumbsup2

We have tours booked with RIL as well.
Do you recall the name of the place Carmine took you for lunch?

I stumbled across this discussion board a few weeks ago. My husband (Michael), our 8-year-old daughter (Lisa) and I (Kathy) will be on this cruise! I sent a request to join the Facebook page but it has not been approved. We are definitely looking forward to this adventure.

I stumbled across this discussion board a few weeks ago. My husband (Michael), our 8-year-old daughter (Lisa) and I (Kathy) will be on this cruise! I sent a request to join the Facebook page but it has not been approved. We are definitely looking forward to this adventure.

I have an 8 year old daughter (Jessie) who will be on the cruise too! :banana:

I'm away in vacation. I can't access approvals on my phone. Ill try my iPad later I don't have it on me right now.

:welcome: Welcome Aboard :welcome:

Most of the "action" is on the facebook page for this cruise. Once you are approved on fb scroll down the page and check out the links that many have posted. I especially loved the video for the gondola ride down the Grand Canal in Venice :cool1:

Also getting so excited for this trip:thumbsup2
My kids are in their teens, but plenty of families here have kids your dd's age.

I also sent a FB request, I'm Valorie. It didn't give me the option of adding a message to the request.

Welcome to the group! I'll add you to the Who's Sailing list in the first post, and also there you can add yourself to the spreadsheet and sign up for Fish Extenders if you want to participate.

Most of the "action" is on the facebook page for this cruise. Once you are approved on fb scroll down the page and check out the links that many have posted. I especially loved the video for the gondola ride down the Grand Canal in Venice :cool1:

This is true, but I hope that we don't end up abandoning the DIS because it's easier for me to keep up here than via Facebook (for one thing, Facebook is blocked at work while DIS is not).

Just bought my tickets for Sagrada Familia in Barcelona for June 26th at a 10 am entrance time.
http://www.sagradafamilia.cat/sf-eng/docs_serveis/infoTarifesOnline.php

Thanks for posting this link because I was able to get our tickets today for Friday, June 14th at 11:00. It took a couple of tries because my debit card tried to protect me, so I switched over to a credit card and it went fine although I had the "fraud alert" phone call immediately after purchasing the tickets.

Over on the June 15th thread, we have a couple of spreadsheets that have events and excursions listed so we can see who all are on the same excursions. I'm going to set one up for this group if I can figure out how to do it and I'll post the link. It turns out that we are doing three excursions with another family just by chance. I know we have some similar excursions here with this group but can't keep it all straight so I thought this might be a good way to do it. For the events one, it's for pre-cruise meets, on-board meets and activities that various DISers are setting up and hosting. It can even be things like several of us are heading over to St. Marks Square in Venice in the morning so we can set a time to meet up to go over together. On the other group, we're getting together to go as a group to see the Magic Fountain in Montjuic while we're still in Barcelona.

Speaking of onboard meets, did we set up an embarkation day meet yet? Typically they are held around 3 p.m. at the Promenade Lounge - anyone interested?

I made two spreadsheets in Google Docs that should be editable by anyone who follows the links. The first one is for Cruise Events - use this for anything that is set up pre- or post-cruise or during the cruise for events such as meets, get-togethers, group outings, etc. You can also add any birthdays or other celebrations to this list if you'd like.

Cruise Events – June 27th

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ao20EHYjoVtbdEhIYWlUVERiZEgzdElSdWRIV1Fpemc&usp=sharing

And this one is for adding yourselves to the Excursions lists - so you can see who else is on the same excursions as you. Note for this one that there is a separate tab for each port, and I pre-populated some of the excursions from DCL's site - if the one you are doing isn't there, just add it in the next available column (you may have to slide to the right to see it). For Venice, I added the Secret Itinerary tours for both 9:55 AM and 11:15 AM (I think that was the time for the second group) even though they aren't DCL since so many of us are doing them.

Excursions – June 27th

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ao20EHYjoVtbdG5uOFlWNHdFZWpFUEZ6U00zVk5iOEE&usp=sharing

I copied these from the June 15th group's set-up as I thought it worked pretty well - so hopefully I have it set up right - I selected anyone can edit that has the link so let me know if you try to edit and can't. And if you have trouble and want me to add your information, I can do that for you - just let me know.

I'll also add these links to the first post in the thread so they'll be easily accessible - and if someone wants to share these over on the facebook group, please do - I'll try to do it tonight if no one has yet.

I made two spreadsheets in Google Docs that should be editable by anyone who follows the links. The first one is for Cruise Events - use this for anything that is set up pre- or post-cruise or during the cruise for events such as meets, get-togethers, group outings, etc. You can also add any birthdays or other celebrations to this list if you'd like.

Cruise Events – June 27th

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ao20EHYjoVtbdEhIYWlUVERiZEgzdElSdWRIV1Fpemc&usp=sharing

And this one is for adding yourselves to the Excursions lists - so you can see who else is on the same excursions as you. Note for this one that there is a separate tab for each port, and I pre-populated some of the excursions from DCL's site - if the one you are doing isn't there, just add it in the next available column (you may have to slide to the right to see it). For Venice, I added the Secret Itinerary tours for both 9:55 AM and 11:15 AM (I think that was the time for the second group) even though they aren't DCL since so many of us are doing them.

Excursions – June 27th

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ao20EHYjoVtbdG5uOFlWNHdFZWpFUEZ6U00zVk5iOEE&usp=sharing

I copied these from the June 15th group's set-up as I thought it worked pretty well - so hopefully I have it set up right - I selected anyone can edit that has the link so let me know if you try to edit and can't. And if you have trouble and want me to add your information, I can do that for you - just let me know.

I'll also add these links to the first post in the thread so they'll be easily accessible - and if someone wants to share these over on the facebook group, please do - I'll try to do it tonight if no one has yet.
I am pure stupid about this! All the excursions are not listed. Do we add them? How? Thanks for doing this!!!

I am pure stupid about this! All the excursions are not listed. Do we add them? How? Thanks for doing this!!!

You can just type in your excursion if you don't see it there - scroll over to the right and just type in the name of it in the next column that's available. I put in some of them but didn't want to put all since I knew there were some probably no one here was doing. If you have trouble, let me know and I'll add them for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter