June 27, 2013 - Magic in the Med (Venice)

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by nzdisneymom, Jan 25, 2012.

1. gydell

gydell <font color=teal>I am watching and waiting<br><fon

You can do gondola rides for less $ on your own. You will see stands around on the waters edge with the gondolas lined up like taxis at the airport.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. carpenta

carpenta DIS Veteran

A few years ago we had a ride by a 4th generation gondolier.His gondola has been handed down over the generations. He was a great guy who spoke a little English BUT had a great voice and sang as we sailed. People with whom we were traveling were not so lucky.He is located on the main canal just south of St. Mark's Square and his sign reads " Servizio Gondole Danieli" a green and black sign with "Paul & Shark yachling" on the right hand side of the sign. It cost us about 120 Euro for about an hour and it was a wonderful sail and worth every penny.

4. carpenta

carpenta DIS Veteran

The kids might be interested for you can go over the Bridge of Sighs and down into the cells and prison where they held the people they felt threatened the ruling families. Alot of history and soap opera family history in Venice. It really is pretty interesting and don't miss touring St. Marks next store. FYI there is a Disney store located behind St. Marks' Square somewhere on the way to the Grand Canal. Don't ask me where for we just stumbled across it. One thing to note a large number of store do not let you take photos inside especially the Venician mask shops. They fear they will be copied by the black market or that is what one store owner told me.

5. gydell

gydell <font color=teal>I am watching and waiting<br><fon

When I checked the calculation chart it said March 27th. I would call DCL to be sure.

6. nzdisneymom

nzdisneymom DIS Veteran

Monsters University premiers on June 21st, and the new Lone Ranger (with Johnny Depp) premiers on Wednesday, July 3rd.

7. disprincess4ever

disprincess4ever DIS Veteran

So excited! Might be spending more time at the Buena Vista than usual lol!

8. jedipup

jedipup Earning My Ears

Hello all. Check the link below. This is the same tour you will get through the Disney Port Adventure. Look for the Secret Itineraries tour link on the bottom of the page. We did this tour a few years ago. If you feel comfortable taking the vaporetto to St. Marks, you can see the same tour for 20 euros. http://palazzoducale.visitmuve.it/en/home/ here is a link to the vaporetto system: http://www.actv.it/en I hope this helps save a few bucks!

9. nzdisneymom

nzdisneymom DIS Veteran

Thanks for this. I will have to look at it because I would rather not pay $300 :)

10. dorothyn

dorothyn Earning My Ears

I'm silver, and when checking on Disney Cruise Line's website, it says I can start checking in and booking things March 29. Not that I'm booking any shore excursions through Disney. But I'm counting down the days to book Palo and Spa treatments :)

11. MrsScooby

MrsScooby DIS Veteran

How do you take advantage of the family option?
    There is something about if you have 2 adults and at least 1 child that you only have to purchase one full price ticket and the rest at reduced fare:confused3
    Not sure if I want to risk showing up with the "wrong" tickets:guilty:

12. MrsScooby

MrsScooby DIS Veteran

Ok, I figured out an alternative...Wound up buying tickets for the clock tower and the secret itineraries and getting a reduced fare for the combination:banana:

Thanks so much for the link:thumbsup2 It was a huge help !! That's why I love planning with these boards, so many great suggestions:cool1:

13. booger73

booger73 Stayed at a Holiday Inn last night...

PIF. $ Ouch.
    Airline ticket booked. $ Ouch
    Pre-Post Hotel booked. $ Ouch

Happy to be going though! :goodvibes

14. DenverVal

DenverVal DIS Veteran

I hear ya. But Disney doesn't get my payment until PIF due day if I can't book excursions yet.

15. MrsScooby

MrsScooby DIS Veteran

LOL, my DH is the same way. We compromised by paying 2 days before the due date to accomodate my anxiety issues, but he would wait until the last possible minute if I let him.

16. MrsScooby

MrsScooby DIS Veteran

Ricl Steves is appearing at a Travel show in Washington DC on March 9th and 10th.
    Anyone interested in going :confused3

17. lisah0711

lisah0711 <font color=red>♥ <font color=royalblue>her Disney

Thanks for sharing all the great information about Venice and the possible movie premieres! :cool2:

And thanks to these boards I now have a new kind of anxiety dream. Used to be I had exam dreams, or more recently, race dreams, but now I have cruise anxiety dreams! :rotfl2: I dreamed that we had to get up early for an excursion and I didn't know where we were supposed to eat breakfast and when I looked outside there was a big water spout! :scared1: Thank goodness they will only last a few more months. ;)

18. JLSE50

JLSE50 DIS Veteran ** I am a post menopausal woman--my br

19. JLSE50

JLSE50 DIS Veteran ** I am a post menopausal woman--my br

Tom also ! :thumbsup2
    :hourglass He says the money can earn interest in our account instead of Disney's :rotfl2:

20. jel0511

jel0511 DIS Veteran

Since I pay on a credit card and got 0% with my Disney Visa I have until August to pay the bulk of it off!!! Way to hold on to my money longer!!!!

21. poohmomof5

poohmomof5 DIS Veteran

Hi all!!!

Lots to catch up on:

Through some crazy back and forth, we booked on this cruise. Long story short, we had the mid July Greece cruise booked on opening day, bought a new house, lost my job, owned 2 homes while having no job, got great new job, in the meantime, canceled July cruise, rebooked 4 night Dream with family. On said 4 night Dream, kids convinced me to book Med cruise. House sold, June Greece Med cruise booked, son was convinced by GF to run marathon, so moved from June Greece to June Venice Cruise. Had to convince my DH, he said yes, we PIF'd and here we are!

Whew! So what do I need to know???

I recognize some names and will try very hard to catch up!

PS, I am Platinum, I have some general idea of what I want to book, so lots of studying in the next few hours...lol!