June 26, 2011 5 Nights on the Disney Dream!!!!

Is there some kind of meeting on the ship for DIS board members? I wasn't sure if those happened. But if they did, I'm sure they would be fun!

:welcome:!!!WELCOME LILOSURF!! & NMDISNEYMOM!!!:welcome:
What a fantastic group we are turning into!!!:grouphug:

Is there some kind of meeting on the ship for DIS board members? I wasn't sure if those happened. But if they did, I'm sure they would be fun!

We can plan our own meeting! This way after a year+ of chatting, we can finally meet! Some of us had talked before about doing fish extenders as well. I am up for this if others are into it. I will plan the FE's if everyone wants?!?!?! What does everyone think?

Well, I just sorted 720 boxes of Girl Scout cookies!!!:scared1::scared1::scared1: I am glad thats done! And I got the new 2010 Unofficial Guide to Disney World in the mail today. I cant wait to look at it! My husband thinks I am nuts. He couldnt believe their was a Disney book out there that I didnt have!:cutie:

Hey, who knows what tomarrow is????

500 DAYS UNTIL OUR CRUISE!!!!

After tomarrow we will be in the 400's!!! I guess till then, we just kkep on DREAMing!!!;)

We can plan our own meeting! This way after a year+ of chatting, we can finally meet! Some of us had talked before about doing fish extenders as well. I am up for this if others are into it. I will plan the FE's if everyone wants?!?!?! What does everyone think?

Well, I just sorted 720 boxes of Girl Scout cookies!!!:scared1::scared1::scared1: I am glad thats done! And I got the new 2010 Unofficial Guide to Disney World in the mail today. I cant wait to look at it! My husband thinks I am nuts. He couldnt believe their was a Disney book out there that I didnt have!:cutie:

After tomarrow we will be in the 400's!!! I guess till then, we just kkep on DREAMing!!!;)

Thanks for the welcome!!!!
Quick question, what are fish extenders? (since i'm new here.)

That is quite a number of Girl Scout cookies!! What is your favorite?

I know, I try to collect Disney books too, but I can only buy so much on a college kid's budget! :rolleyes:

Yes, thanks for the welcome! I joined the DIS Boards before my last cruise and learned so much. Had a blast getting to know everyone here and then actually getting to meet everyone on board. :cool1:

We participated in the Fish Extenders last time and came home with neat stuff from around the world. I think it would be fun to do it again, so count us in.:thumbsup2

Yes, thanks for the welcome! I joined the DIS Boards before my last cruise and learned so much. Had a blast getting to know everyone here and then actually getting to meet everyone on board. :cool1:

We participated in the Fish Extenders last time and came home with neat stuff from around the world. I think it would be fun to do it again, so count us in.:thumbsup2

I just looked up what the fish extenders were and the concept sounds like so much fun!!

My name is Jennifer too, by the way!! :cool1:

For the PC Repo, we are looking forward to being on the ship for the 8 extra days -- just hoping DD's new high school will be :thumbsup2 the off-site time request!

The extra days at sea were pretty cool. There was always something going on.

My DD was in middle school so it wasn't an issue (she missed the first 5 days of 7th grade). They accepted a project on the Panama Canal in place of the assignment that was given to the class and due the first week so it worked out fine. Hope they are accommodating for her.

I'm pretty sure I will be on this cruise as well. I'm so excited!!! It's a graduation present for my brother and I (college graduation!):woohoo:

Welcome!! What an awesome gift!!!

I see your heading to SSR in March. We are going for our first stay there in April. We are very excitied!

Add me to the list for this cruise! There will actually be 5 of us: 2 single moms and 3 kids. Myself and my DD; and then my DF and her 2 DDs. We are in 2 9B cabins. The DDs will be 7, 6, 3 at the time of the cruise

This is our (myself and my DD) second cruise. Definitely hooked. But the first for my DF and her girls. I've got 2 trips to Disneyland to do first, so planning for the cruise will be limited until after July. Looking forward to another fabulous time and I can't wait to see the new ship.

Jennifer

Welcome, Jennifer!! Looks like a great crew you got. Fun ages too. I wish mine was that age again. It is so much fun seeing everything through their eyes at that age. Then they turn into teenagers. Luckily, she still thinks *most* things Disney are cool, but that could change by next June :rotfl:

Yeah, like Crystal said we can plan as much as we want. Last cruise we had DISers planning entire shore excursions (non DCL) and some were pretty elaborate. I think in Columbia we had 8 tour buses all with different tour itineraries.

The Fish Extenders are a lot of fun. I'm definitely interested, Crystal. Thanks for offering.

I love that this thread is becoming active enough that I have to multi -quote :thumbsup2

Thanks for the welcome!!!!
Quick question, what are fish extenders? (since i'm new here.)

That is quite a number of Girl Scout cookies!! What is your favorite?

I know, I try to collect Disney books too, but I can only buy so much on a college kid's budget! :rolleyes:

Im glad you found the info on the Fish Extenders and are interested in it! It was one of myfavorite pars of my last cruise!
My favorite Girl Scout Cookie? Definately Thin Mints! And noone else in my house likes them so I get them all to myself! I only ordered a few boxes though. After all, we do cruise in 499 DAYS!
This is my first Unofficial Guide to Disney World. I LOVE the Passporter books but wanted to try something new. Plus, I am planning a vacation for a client right now and they have alot of new, updated info!

GREAT! I am glad ya'll are onboard (pun intended:rotfl2::rotfl2:)!! I loved the Fish Extenders! Coming home every night and finding goodies! And passing the stuff out was a great way to see the ship! I felt like Santa!

Yeah, like Crystal said we can plan as much as we want. Last cruise we had DISers planning entire shore excursions (non DCL) and some were pretty elaborate. I think in Columbia we had 8 tour buses all with different tour itineraries.

The Fish Extenders are a lot of fun. I'm definitely interested, Crystal. Thanks for offering.

I love that this thread is becoming active enough that I have to multi -quote :thumbsup2

Isnt this great! I cant believe all the activity lately! And you are very welcome! I will probably ask a few more times who is interested and then start compiling a list. I am ready to start planning/shopping!:)

I'm getting really excited for this trip; it's going to be amazing! My parents keep leaving me in suspense though. They give my this look like "yes we are going, but you aren't supposed to know." I'll have to let you know closer to the date.

I've looked at the FE on ebay and I can't decided whether I want to make one or not!

I sure hope things work outfor you Jennifer! I just know this is going to be a fantastic cruise with a great group of cruisers!

I have my FE from our last cruise but I am in the same boat- do I want to use the old one, make a new one or buy a new one??? :confused3:confused3 Decisions, decisions, decisions!;);)

On our last cruise, all of us Dis members met before the cruise away party. It was GREAT!!! One of the cruise staff took a group pic of all of us and someone made a banner to hold up in front!
We also did the FE exchange and it was alot of fun! We got things from all over the world! I can't wait to go again!!!

On our last cruise, all of us Dis members met before the cruise away party. It was GREAT!!! One of the cruise staff took a group pic of all of us and someone made a banner to hold up in front!
We also did the FE exchange and it was alot of fun! We got things from all over the world! I can't wait to go again!!!

I want to do that; it sounds like it would be fun!

I sure hope things work outfor you Jennifer! I just know this is going to be a fantastic cruise with a great group of cruisers!

I have my FE from our last cruise but I am in the same boat- do I want to use the old one, make a new one or buy a new one??? :confused3:confused3 Decisions, decisions, decisions!;);)

I really really hope things work out too. I really wanted a Disney Cruise as a grad present, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it is on the Dream:boat: and on this day. This one sounds like it is going to be a blast!

Hey y'all! So there is less than 500 days until the cruise!! I was on the DCL website checking out the ship and there is that video that shows all the new things on the ship (and the music is gorgeous by the way!)

So I was wondering what everyone is looking forward to the most on the Dream!
For me it is:
1) Walking into the atrium! :cool1: (I love that feeling you get when you board!)
2) DIS board meeting! :cool1:
3) My first FE
4) Pink, Skyline, Evolution
5) The new staterooms!
6) Enchanted Garden
7) The AquaDuck!!

Hey y'all! So there is less than 500 days until the cruise!! I was on the DCL website checking out the ship and there is that video that shows all the new things on the ship (and the music is gorgeous by the way!)

For me it is:
1) Walking into the atrium! :cool1: (I love that feeling you get when you board!)
3) My first FE
5) The new staterooms!
6) Enchanted Garden
7) The AquaDuck!!

Well, gosh...I like them all...looking forward to my Virtual Porthole, too!!:cool1::cool1::woohoo::woohoo:

Well I am very new on here and new to cruisng. I just booked my 5 day cruise for June 26 2011. YEAH :banana: :banana: cant wait. I will be bringing my DD that will be 6 at the time of cruise my DS that will be 4 he turns 5 2 weeks later and he is absolutly obsesed with pirates of the carribean and my DH who is 26 both myself and DH will be 27 at time of cruise. Were soooo excited. I have lots of family also going on this cruise as well. :dance3::dance3::rolleyes1:goodvibes:lmao:

Well I am very new on here and new to cruisng. I just booked my 5 day cruise for June 26 2011. YEAH :banana: :banana: cant wait. I will be bringing my DD that will be 6 at the time of cruise my DS that will be 4 he turns 5 2 weeks later and he is absolutly obsesed with pirates of the carribean and my DH who is 26 both myself and DH will be 27 at time of cruise. Were soooo excited. I have lots of family also going on this cruise as well. :dance3::dance3::rolleyes1:goodvibes:lmao:

:welcome: Cora & Family :welcome:

Congratulations on booking the cruise & your 1st DIS posting :cool1::banana::yay::dance3:

Welcome, ahoymaty (love the name) to the thread and to the DIS! There's a great group of DCL nuts here, so by the time you board Dreams you'll be an 'ole pro at cruisin ;). Your DS is in the right place if he is obsessed with POTC.

Isnt this great! I cant believe all the activity lately! And you are very welcome! I will probably ask a few more times who is interested and then start compiling a list. I am ready to start planning/shopping!:)

The planning/shopping (ok, obsessing :laughing:) is part of the fun

I've looked at the FE on ebay and I can't decided whether I want to make one or not!

That's where I got my FE. The lady did a great job. I don't remember her eBay name but I'm sure someone here, or on the main board, knows who she is.

For me it is:
3) My first FE
5) The new staterooms!
6) Enchanted Garden
7) The AquaDuck!!

Well, I'm a slightly :rolleyes1, overweight, 40 something, but can not wait to park my butt on the AquaDuck.

The Enchanted Garden looks gorgeous so I am really looking forward to seeing that.

The Evolution Lounge - I have to say one of my pet-peeves with DCL in the past has been the night life. I am hoping that the dance club is top-notch and PLEASE bring back live bands on the ship!!!!

Ok so im new :eek: Well I was wondering if there is somewhere on here that has a generalized packing list of what I should and shouldnt bring lol. :dance3: Thanks a bunch and I want to be involved int eh fish extender things. Thta looks like a blast. IM so EXCITED:banana::woohoo::cool1:

Ok so im new :eek: Well I was wondering if there is somewhere on here that has a generalized packing list of what I should and shouldnt bring lol. :dance3: Thanks a bunch and I want to be involved int eh fish extender things. Thta looks like a blast. IM so EXCITED:banana::woohoo::cool1:

You could start a thread and then you would be able to get suggestions from a variety of people!

To get you started I will recommend a few things:
1) Plenty of sunscreen (I got sun poisoning on my ankle of all places and got burned. I REALLY wanted to work on my tan.) :rolleyes:
2) A good book and maybe a couple of magazines (I brought Harper's Bazaar and Cosmo for when I went to the pool)
3) There might be a formal night or if you go to Palo's, you'll need to bring a dress/ really nice outfit.
4) Bathing suits and clothes to wear during the day and outfits for dinner
5) Toiletries/ cosmetics.
6) Camera
7) Medications and it's a good idea to bring Dramamine or something of the sort. Even if you don't have motion sickness, it's a good idea to have it just in case. (I don't have motion sickness, but later in the week, I felt a little ill because of the boat's rocking.)
8) Your fish extender!! : )

Hope this helps to get you started! :wizard:

My secret list includes 1) bathroom air fresher, 2) multi-plug power cord and 3) highlighters, 1 color assigned per family member / 2 highlighters per person. I'm sure the main board will have more inputs!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter