June 2015 Car Rental

oh boy, I just went to carrentalsavers and used codes for Alamo and budget and my dates are now over $500. YIKES!!! Am I nervous now! I hope they come back down, otherwise it will be out of my budget completely! And I refuse to pay over $500 for a small car just on principle alone! I should have booked the $328 when I found that.
No memberships required. The rates are wacky this year. One minute they are up and the next they are down. It's been two years since I've rented a car. In the past a couple of weeks before my trip the rates would go down but I'm not sure if that's going to be the case this year. Either there is a high demand now and they aren't as many cars in their inventory. I'll keep an eye out for ya and let you know if I find something.

Thank you! I am going to be checking the rates several times a day now and take the first lower one I see. I think they will go back down. I will also have to look into rental on property after our Universal stay and other options that might change the cost for any reason. Usually rates are good about this far out from the trip, but I also have not rented for 2 years.

You may want to check Thrifty today - rates dropped for my dates (June 2-14) pretty dramatically. Still not quite as good a rate as I have with Alamo but certainly better than they have been of late.

I've walked Alamo down to 363 from 390 for Minivan 6/7 through 6/17.... the trick is finding the right codes on the right day. :)

Finally starting to see some downward movement for Alamo. My dates are 5/30 - 06/08 [9 day rental] using 'Save With Alamo' code of 7014926 and Visa coupon of AD2338FDF can get a standard for $175. Using Costco code saves a few more dollars, but I do not have a membership there. Visa code of 7015504 was same as Alamo's own code.

Going to post on the May thread too since my dates overlap months.

Finally starting to see some downward movement for Alamo. My dates are 5/30 - 06/08 [9 day rental] using 'Save With Alamo' code of 7014926 and Visa coupon of AD2338FDF can get a standard for $175. Using Costco code saves a few more dollars, but I do not have a membership there. Visa code of 7015504 was same as Alamo's own code.

Going to post on the May thread too since my dates overlap months.

Thank you. My dates a a bit later, leaving 6/27 & currently renting after our Universal stay there on 6/29 to save money because the rates have been so high out of MCO. While my rates are still up, this post had me checking rates and I noticed I had the return location as the Sheraton and not MCO on my current reservation! So thanks to you I caught that mistake and just modified my reservation. I actually did save $4.00! Haha! Hoping to save more in the next few weeks and be able to rent from MCO as I would prefer to not take a taxi.

I also have overlapping dates…5/26-6/9. Right now I have a minivan for $389 which I think is awesome since I check everyday and Alamo's rates are over $1000 for same time period. I am using the Southwest Tier code and I *think* I just need to show my SW Rapid Rewards card if they ask. I also qualify for the Visa code, but it was a little more. Don't qualify for Costco. Has anyone used the SW code and is it the RR card you may need to show? We are also flying SW so…

BTW, I always use codes that apply to me cuz I'm too scared not to, even tho I've never been asked, but just double checking on this SW code.

I just rebooked my rental car on Carrentalsavers website and saved $40. Was $156 and now down to $116 for a compact thru Budget

Well our trip is June 15-24 and the prices have just started dropping again. No where near as low as they were, but they are getting more reasonable.

It seems like prices tend to start dropping about 2-3 weeks before now. Our trip is Monday and our rates didn't start dropping until around May 8th.

My rates are down now for 6/27-7/8. I had booked 6/29-7/8 with a pick up at Four Points near Universal, but switched to pick up on our arrival at MCO. The cost was about the same as the first reservation ($294), but now I don't have to worry about grabbing a cab and we can now stop to buy water, etc...(Although I do have to pay parking at Universal for 2 nights so that probably evens out with what the cab would have cost)
The rate is still higher than I have found in the past and I am still hoping the prices will drop a bit more. When I have more time tonight I am going to try some different discount codes to see what I can get. I used the Visa coupon code and the Magicard corporate code(found on Mousesavers). I will post again if I find even better rates for those of you watching this thread like I am. OH, I also went from a full size to a mid-size SUV-better for my very tall dh.

a little over 2 days to go & I found rate for a standard (full size car) week w/Alamo $113.
AP discount & $30 coupon

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter