June 2013 Car Rental When Best Deals

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Mikscrap, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Tdubswife

Tdubswife Mouseketeer

I thought it was a good rate, too! I am still hoping to see my rate drop down to $300 all in for those two weeks. I will still continue to check until we leave.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. keishashadow

keishashadow <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=green

there was a code posted on may thread for costco but # was in error

it produced a great rate but for spanish sounding code? oh well, now to cancel the $150 bargin that i know i'm not eligible to book, boohoo lol

4. blugill13

blugill13 Mouseketeer

I've been looking for a car rental for June too.
    Today whilst looking at undercover tourist they have a 50% off car rental with alamo if you buy tickets.
    It let me get this discount with buying the cheapest ticket on their website $13.95 - kids gatorland.

Only problem is you only have airport locations to chose from. Its also fully refundable.

5. blugill13

blugill13 Mouseketeer

K, you can all ignore that previous post, I've been playing with coupons and codes.

For $236.48 total I have reserved a minivan from Budget

Pick up at the doubletree - M03 - june 12th
    Return MCO june 18th

using
    coupon mupz044
    and
    bcd code x474200

borrowed the codes from the may board

hope this helps someone

6. tots05

tots05 Earning My Ears

I hope someone will know the answer to this one...

I made a reservation earlier this month for budget with code x474200 and coupon code MWUZ023. would anyone know what this coupon code is for? I kept on looking where I found it but couldn't find it now... any help will be very much appreciated...

when making the reservation, says $25 off weekly rental/paperless coupon. :confused3

7. kalliyan1

kalliyan1 DIS Veteran

How did you use that bcd code? When I put it in it says its only valid if you have a car in the shop:confused3

8. tots05

tots05 Earning My Ears

I think its supposed to be an X not a Z but I could be wrong.

9. blugill13

blugill13 Mouseketeer

It's meant to be an x
    I'll go edit it now, it's a Travelocity code.

10. Tdubswife

Tdubswife Mouseketeer

That is good tip! Thank you!

11. mellvswdw1

mellvswdw1 Mouseketeer

Just went to thrifty.com and made a reservation with no codes here was my deal

May 31st 1:30pm to June 10th at noon
    chose the HOT DEAL
    got a Dodge Avenger or similar for a base rate of $154.97 and with taxes $228.91

Update: Just got the same deal on Dollar.com by hitting the city special rates...I am assuming that Dollar and Thrifty are owned by the same company....I am kinda new to the rental car world. Just had my first adventure in January. :-)

Melissa

12. mickey2minnie1

mickey2minnie1 DIS Veteran

I am not having much luck here. maybe because I am doing two locations.:confused3

13. farah

farah Mouseketeer

I had some luck on Dollar as well but through Hotwire. I am paying $34 from Kissimmee ( main gate ) to Port Canaveral for a one way on a full size car. I canceled my previous reservation through Alamo. I called this location and they have complimentary pick up from Disney Resorts and Parks. Dollar must be having a sale perhaps.

14. 2tinkerbells

2tinkerbells Mouseketeer

I just booked with Budget using the visa code: Y937800 and coupon code uucz010 for one way rentals on June 8 and June 15 (from MCO to Port Canaveral for a cruise) and got great rates!
    You have to use your visa but try these.

15. mickey2minnie1

Just booked a Taurus for 383 for 9days. June 16- June 25. This is my first time booking. Picking up in Tampa and dropping off near Disney. What do you all think???

16. FiveofusNL

FiveofusNL Mouseketeer

Many thanks for the tip on a sale at Dollar. I had previously reserved a minivan from Dollar for $500.84 for June 17 to June 26 using the Orlando Magic Card code. I just went in and used the City Special instead ...got it for $429.35! That is $70 extra in my pocket! Quick question for all you rental pros out there...why does it say "estimated" grand total on my reservation? Should I be worried about extra fees??? :eek:

17. bastraker

bastraker Mouseketeer

Try the National Car KLM code (8572130) for your dates. It's under $400. I used this code for our February trip and was able to get an SUV for 8 days for $224.

18. FiveofusNL

FiveofusNL Mouseketeer

Sounds awesome but I thought the KLM code was for a particular airline though? We are flying Air Canada and United Airlines.

19. disneygal55

disneygal55 DIS Veteran

I just reserved under Dollar's City Special rate for the second week of June. The rate may still get lower so I check the rate daily. If it drops then I cancel the old reservation after securing the lower rate. In the many times that we have been renting from Dollar the estimated grand total has been within a dollar or two more or less than the amount stated...it's always nice when it's less. As long as you don't do any add-ons and refuse extra insurance and such, it shouldn't change. We also refuse the option of Dollar's (or any other rental company) gas fill up because if you don't use the full tank, you still would be charged for it. We just bring the car back with a full tank. We usually fill the tank at a gas station as we're leaving WDW for the airport...hold on to the gas receipt in case of a question.

20. mickey2minnie1

I tried this , but it said the code was invalid. :(

I have a Ford Taurus June 16 out of Tampa and drop off June 25 in Kissimmee through Budget for 10 days for 383.

How does that sound? I am new at this. Thanks!

21. FiveofusNL

FiveofusNL Mouseketeer

Thanks for all of this information. I am a rental newbie and can use all of the help that I can get. I will definitely keep checking for a lower rate...it is like a mission of mine now.;) By the way, did you join Dollar Express? A number of people have suggested that, but I am a little nervous of giving them my credit card number up front for fear of being charged if I cancel reservations.