June 2011 Check-In!

We will be there myself, DH, DS-14, DS-10, DD-6, 6/7-6/11. Staying at the PVI. Then off to our first:woohoo: MR Cruise...

We are going June 21-27 (Staying at Anaheim Desert inn) for DD graduation, our 20 year anniversary, DS 11th birthday and taking the grandparents. Gpa went the year the park opened and hasn't been back since and Gma has never been! WE are soooo excited!:yay::grouphug:

Add me to the big countdown! :yay: We will be there June 2-4. Staying at the Hyatt.

We were thinking World of Color the day we arrive June 2 but it's listed as a grad night. Is it going to be a zoo? Well more of a zoo than usual??

TinkFlies, I think that's the day we're going to Universal because of DL closing early that day anyway, and it being the day before the big opening day...even thinking of going on our coastal trip starting Sat instead of Sun now because I'm afraid that Disney will be slammed Sat because of the new rides, everyone being off work/school that weekend, etc. we would come back and spend a couple more Disney days after our coastal trip then...just a thought!

Totally agree Yupikgal. If I could change my dates I would but it's either then or sometime in the middle of summer and I think that's just too crowded for me.

I'm thinking we may not even attempt the new attraction even though it's DD's favorite (Aerial). We're in Nor Cal and she's 4 so I figure there's time to go back.

What I want to know is exactly what is a "grad night?" Does the park really close early or is the idea to let the grads stay late? If so what do they do empty the park and let the grads back in? So is there no WOC or Fireworks then?

Totally agree Yupikgal. If I could change my dates I would but it's either then or sometime in the middle of summer and I think that's just too crowded for me.

I'm thinking we may not even attempt the new attraction even though it's DD's favorite (Aerial). We're in Nor Cal and she's 4 so I figure there's time to go back.

What I want to know is exactly what is a "grad night?" Does the park really close early or is the idea to let the grads stay late? If so what do they do empty the park and let the grads back in? So is there no WOC or Fireworks then?

http://www.disneyyouth.com/grad-nite-disneyland/
Yes they do close the park early to the public..Example; on June 2, first it was saying 5p, now they've updated it and I guess they are staying open until 9pm? There will be WOC because it's in CA, and there will be Fireworks for the grads, as far as I know, but we wouldn't be there in person to see them, just from afar as if you were out of the park normally anyway. Hope this helps? ;)

Big help. If I can get to WOC that night I will be fine. We can catch close up fireworks Friday night!

Are all you June'rs getting excited?!?!?!? 59 more days for us!! I cant wait!! It just seems like it was 199 days yesterday!! Only 5 more days for me to see the Disneyland schedule !!!! Yay!!! :cool1::banana:

Sooooo need a vacay right now.....so excited to share the magic with my 4 y.o. soon!!!

June4.gif

A list of rides and attractions that will be closed in June.

Needs to be updated to reflect some highly discussed events.

Star Tours Longterm -2
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad May 31st -9
Matterhorn 13-17(end date not yet confirmed) and 20-24(phase II unconfirmed)

Hmmm I guess I could be added to this.....we will be there May 29-June 2..staying at the Peacock Suites. :)

Pixiewings, have you stayed there before, and if so, what do you like about the Peacock? You must have a car, unless it's within walking distance? Or maybe you take the shuttle? I'm thinking we'll stick with the ones across harbor, but I'm always curious about the further ones..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter