June 15 - June 22 2013 Eastern Fantasy

Just booked our cruise today on this ship. We originally were going to Alaska on the Wonder in July but had to switch it. Love that Disney Cruise Line was so accomidatting. Bummed we are too late for the FE but that's not too big of a deal since my daughter will be in awww over everything else :) Best part about swtiching to this ship other then it being new, makes my trip come a month sooner.

:welcome: aboard the Father's Day Eastern Fantasy. Sorry about your Wonder Alaska but glad you can join us in the warm Caribbean. Please also feel free to join our FB page as well. The link is in the first post of this thread. If you have any questions regarding the Fantasy or the Eastern itinerary please feel free to ask away.

Ok well, basically, if you're a Disney fan, you will literally have the time of your life on this cruise!!! There's a million and one things to do on the ship, and all of them are extremely fun! First things first: the Teen activities. We will be doing most of our "teens exclusive" things at the Vibe, a cool hangout with lots of comfy spots to lounge in, and lots of things to do! On this cruise ship, the Fantasy, the Vibe is packed with a huge television, cozy couches all over the place, computers (which have a really cool feature I'll talk about in a bit), and these porthole-like pods where you can sit and watch TV on your own personal screen, listen to your music, or play video games, and you don't have to be pestered by other people. Anyways, there are always a bunch of fun people to hang out with in the club (two of them being my sister and I :hyper:) and games set up not by the counselors, but US, the teens.

I'm really sorry, but I have a project due tomorrow that I have to finish :furious: so I will finish writing this post ASAP!
Wow it sounds amazing and im not just a disney fan... im a disney FREAK!!! :cheer2: i can't wait to meet you!! im so excited all of these things sound fun!! thank you solo much!!:dance3:

I just learned all about the fish extenders from a neighbor. I have been told that this is something my daughter would really like. I was hoping that I could at least get her added to the list of kids. My husband and I do not have to get added. I know that it is less than 75 days but I just found out about the fish extenders today at day 66. Let me know...

Thanks,
Elaine

Just booked our cruise today on this ship. We originally were going to Alaska on the Wonder in July but had to switch it. Love that Disney Cruise Line was so accomidatting. Bummed we are too late for the FE but that's not too big of a deal since my daughter will be in awww over everything else :) Best part about swtiching to this ship other then it being new, makes my trip come a month sooner.

Welcome aboard, both! You're joining up just as the excitement is reaching a fever pitch. Who is in your crew? We've got lots of kids of all ages among our ranks, so your younger members should be able to find plenty of mates to keep them company in the clubs and other activities. I'm sailing with one of the many 10 yo boys in our ranks (along with his father!). Make sure you send me a request to join on our facebook group, if you do that kind of thing, and spend some time perusing this thread to get all sorts of opinions and advice about itineraries, excursions, and onboard activities! :goodvibes

On a side note, I thought I would mention that my eldest daughter would be willing to talk to any of the teens that might be interested in the Disney Professional Internships or College Programs. She was an intern at The Land two years ago, and since then has been part of the Disney recruitment team (aka-brainwashing) at her University. If anyone has kids interested, and wants to talk to someone that loved her time as a Professional Intern, seek us out! :)

Hi! My kids would love to meet your daughter! They all want to do the college program. My 16 year-old is the closest to doing it, and she would like to work at Animal Kingdom as one of the people who carry the animals around for people to learn about. Thank you for this offer! We will definitely look for you.

Does anybody know the hours for the buffet (the one nearest the pool...was Topsiders/BeachBlanket on other ships) on embarkation day? We have the 11:30 PAT, and were thinking about swimming before lunch. If we swim/Aquaduck when we board, will there be time for the buffet? We also plan to come to the meet at 3:00.

Realizing I sound like a hyper-planner in this post. I just like to have the first day mapped out, and then I relax. Thanks!

Does anybody know the hours for the buffet (the one nearest the pool...was Topsiders/BeachBlanket on other ships) on embarkation day? We have the 11:30 PAT, and were thinking about swimming before lunch. If we swim/Aquaduck when we board, will there be time for the buffet? We also plan to come to the meet at 3:00.

Realizing I sound like a hyper-planner in this post. I just like to have the first day mapped out, and then I relax. Thanks!

I can't help you with the times, but I am so glad I am not the only one! My husband thinks I have a sickness with planning. LOL

Welcome new cruisers!

GBBTomorrow, my daughter's roommate when she was an intern at Disney was a vet tech intern at Animal Kingdom. I am not sure if this gives my daughter any extra insight into how to be one of the animal show people at AK, but if nothing else my DD will have a bit of info on AK.

Interestingly enough, when my DD was 12 and we were at AK, she started talking to a woman that was holding a tarantula at the front gate. My DD learned that she was an Entomologist at Disney, which was surprising to my DD because she thought only males liked insects and arachnids as much as she did!

From talking to this woman, my DD learned about the Disney college program, and set her sights to become a part of it once in college. In fact, when we were visiting colleges and talking to professors in the Entomology departments, one of the things she wanted to know was if they were involved with the Disney college program! When one of the professors mentioned his close ties to a department head at the Internship program, well that sealed it, my DD chose that college!

The department head was actually someone my DD spoke to a couple years before, during another trip to Disney, when she decided she had to further investigate what all this "Entomology at Disney" was about. She took the coincidences as a sign from God, and off she went to her chosen college, and then to Disney. She thrived, and loved it, and is considering going back once in graduate school. With the right personality, it is a wonderful experience, and looks great for future employers!

Neriberi, my family is not into the Settlers of Catan, but it does look interesting! Hopefully you find someone like-minded to discuss it with! We are more Hobbit/LOTR fans, and I plan on finding Bobbi James to discuss the pleasing-ness (yes, I made up a word!) of certain dwarves, elves and men, oh and the books too, yes, the books too. ;)

Nine more weeks? Yippee!

Here's a link to a recent set of Navigators. It's the other Eastern itinerary, but I'm sure the hours for Day One don't change considerably. According to this, all dining opens at noon.

The buffet on the Fantasy is called Cabanas on deck 11. Cabanas as well as Enchanted Garden and all fast food places on the pool deck (Filmore's Favorites, Luigi's Pizza and Tow Mater's Grill) will be open upon boarding the ship. Cabanas will be open until 3:15pm for lunch. The entire ship shuts down at 3:45pm for the 4pm Boat Drill. The AquaDuck did not open until 12pm last June so we will be eat lunch first at Cabanas and then hit the Aquaduck.

Good morning fellow cruisers. Another week has gone by.
We now have only

weeks to go to the Fantasy. :cool1::cool1::cool1:
At first these reminders were exciting. Well, they still are, but now they also make me nervous. So much to do still and it is really getting close now. All I've been focused on are FE's and magnets lately which I really haven't done yet. Time to finish those and start figuring out what cruise wear needs to be purchased and find some good sales. :hyper:

Will enjoy talking Middle Earth with luvavacation and any other Tolkien fans who want to join in. I will also entertain any Downton Abbey, Harry Potter, Beatles, Glee, Monty Python, or just random silliness conversations in which anyone else would like to engage. Likewise, I will welcome company at the fitness center when it opens and on the upper decks at sunrise (for some reason, I think it's excess adrenaline, I tend to get very little sleep when I cruise).

As far as Settlers of Catan, my DH is a big gamer who attends the World Board Gaming Championships in Lancaster, PA every year. I'm not sure if he's ever played Settlers, but I will let him know there might be some games afoot!
::yes::

BTW, private event request form has been submitted. It says we'll receive notification about 15 days out.

As far as Settlers of Catan, my DH is a big gamer who attends the World Board Gaming Championships in Lancaster, PA every year. I'm not sure if he's ever played Settlers, but I will let him know there might be some games afoot!
::yes::
Wait a minute?!?! Gaming Championship in Lancaster PA?!?! We live here and didn't know of that! My DH will HAVE to get more information when we meet!:goodvibes Also if your DH needs a good home cooked meal when he is here we could recommend a restaurant...just kidding...I could whip something up or at least have a sister who is a great cook:)

To Neriberi and all you gamers out there, DH says he's not really interested in playing Settlers of Catan while onboard, but would enjoy a game of Letters from Whitechapel, if anyone's familiar with that one...

Hi! I'm Olive and I'm 13. This will be my 4th Disney cruise and I'm hoping to meet some kids my age. :upsidedow :banana:

Hi everyone! My family and I will be joining you on this trip--we can't wait!! We are new to the discussion board and wanted to join so my 13 yr old daughter -tinkSA5, can meet some kids her age to hang out with in Edge. This is our 4th Disney cruise (first time on the Fantasy and first 7 nighter) and she really wants to experience the kids activities this time. I know she will really appreciate hearing from other kids that will be on board. Looking forward to meeting you on the ship!:yay:

Hi everyone! My family and I will be joining you on this trip--we can't wait!! We are new to the discussion board and wanted to join so my 13 yr old daughter -tinkSA5, can meet some kids her age to hang out with in Edge. This is our 4th Disney cruise (first time on the Fantasy and first 7 nighter) and she really wants to experience the kids activities this time. I know she will really appreciate hearing from other kids that will be on board. Looking forward to meeting you on the ship!:yay:

:welcome: aboard the Father's Day Eastern Fantasy. :cool1::cool1: Please feel free to also join our FB page as well. The FB link is in the first post of this thread. We have a DIS meet on the first day of the cruise in the D Lounge or the Vista Café that you can join us to meet the group. If you have any questions regarding the Fantasy or the itinerary please feel free to ask.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter