Jumping, Dancing & Jamming Our Way Through Walt Disney World! I'm With the Band Now!

Great start! That must have been so crazy to see the water so high! I'm glad to see you had clear skies so far for your road trip!

(oh, and I'm totally the person in the car breaking into the snacks while still in the driveway. One time my friends and I were driving home for a few hours, and I kept complaining that I was hungry. Hungreeeeee.

And so forth.

It wasn't until a long time of this (no my friends aren't cruel, we were just not passing any restaurants for awhile) that someone FINALLY remembered that we had chips and snacks in the car. That were conveniently located under my seat. And had been for all that time :rotfl:)

WOW, Hunter has for sure grown alot since last year! What a nice start for your trip. I love all the random photos.
Anyone for a road trip, Lisa sure makes it look like fun!

I can't believe how high those waters were. I've seen some pretty bad floods, but that's crazy right there, wow! Luckily you weren't there when it happened. ::yes:: Anyways, I love the little half EPCOT ball you saw, so awesome you found something like that :thumbsup2 And the spilled paint can was pretty awesome as well. The things you can find on long driving trips. I think its great you get photos. Hopefully those photos are just as good as the photos you took in Disney :-) Can't wait to see what else you found on the road trip! :mickeyjum

What a great idea to take pictures of water towers. I always plan to do things like that and then I end up forgetting. :laughing:

It's crazy how high the water is in that picture.

Seeing John all stretched out in the back seat made me think of something that's bothering me. DH's DD (12) likes to sit in the middle of the back seat. When she's tired, she'll lie die on her side to sleep, so her head is on the seat close to the door. I hate it when she does that, as I'm always afraid that if we get hit sideways her head will take the brunt of the impact. (I was into a car accident 3 years ago and that's exactly where we got hit). Is it just me being an over-protective (step-)mother or do I have a reason to be worried?

My first trip we took my Mom's Chevy Lumina minivan and drove through the night, starting at 10pm. I had the back seats and my younger sisters had the middle bench. My youngest sister (named Lisa :laughing: ) couldn't sleep so she talked the entire way down. None of us got a minute of sleep. :headache:

I love the pictures! The Mississippi River definitely looks high! I have only seen it once, and it was further north (I don't remember which state), but that looks very high. And I like the different shots of odd things, that is something I would definitely do. In fact, I'm driving from MD to Utah this October (over 3 days) and will probably do just that :goodvibes

Yay, so happy you started. You are kind of maiking me want to go on a road trip. I haven't been on anything very far lately...but of course once we did go, I would complain the drive is too long. LOL!
I keep hinting to Skip to go to Wisconsin for a tractor pull, but he keeps saying no, so I guess we aren't. But that usually is a fun trip.
I love the water tower idea. That sound like a fun way to pass the time.

Hi Lisa,
Great start! I love the pictures of the luggage/snacks ready for loading into the van - it's exciting to me when we pack up our car to go to WDW, after all the months of planning and counting down the days it's finally time to go! :) I also enjoy all your random road trip pictures - it does make it seem like I'm really along for the ride with your fun family. You are making me excited for our upcoming trip!

I'm so glad you got to take one last trip with Lacey before she gets married - maybe on an upcoming trip you'll have to request 3 rooms connecting/close together. One for you, John and Hunter, one for Lacey and Jesse and one for Mama.
:wizard:

I love a van for a road trip! Much more comfy for five people than a sedan. I just got rid of my old van, though. We'll have to see how our next road trip goes -- four people in a Subaru Outback!

I keep hinting to Skip to go to Wisconsin for a tractor pull, but he keeps saying no, so I guess we aren't. But that usually is a fun trip.

OH, Wisconsin! You should go, it's a nice place and cool people live there!:lmao:

I've heard that! LOL!

We haven't gone in a few years, but I always enjoy it. How close are you to Tomah?

Tomah is a little more than 2 hours southwest of me. I live in Manawa.I guess if there is something we're know for, it's the big Mid-Western Rodeo every July (first weekend). Don't tell DH, but some of those cowboys are yummy:rolleyes1

My father was a semi driver and without talking to him I can tell you that that trailer is actually legal. The company would have inspected it and the truck weigh stations would have inspected it. The only drawback is that they cannot haul anything in it. They were probably transporting it to get it fixed. Great start to the trip by the way.

Great update! Hunter has grown so much in a year! I love your photos of the random things & all of the water towers. I have to say- I love your reports of the drive as much as the reports in Disney!

Great Start! I love all the pics of random items you found along the road. What a great way to keep busy on a long road trip.

Yay!!! You've started. Something good to do with my time until we leave for our Disneyland (oh, sorry, I guess it's supposed to be a Southern CA vacation) vacation.:lmao:

Love this update! I tried to take pictures but I was driving and everyone freaked out when I picked up the camera. So my road trip only had a couple of pictures for the trip down... We play games too in the car. I just love road trips!! They are so much fun!!!

It was a bit hard to take pictures since we were in the inside lane of the bridge. But, the water was so high that it looked like the barges on the river were almost even with us. Okay, I guess that's a slight exaggeration but, seriously, you usually have to look down to see the barges. Now, we only had to look straight out.

102_0280.jpg

102_0281.jpg

102_0282.jpg

It was crazy how high the water got!! And it still lingers in some places!!

And then we saw this:

102_0289.jpg

A closer one:

102_0290.jpg

We've always called it the mini Spaceship Eart/Epcot ball and, thanks to TinksThree, I now know that it's some sort of sports arena.

Hey that's me!! :banana: So glad I could help out with that bit of trivia!! Hee Hee!! :)

We made it to Richland, Mississippi:

102_0292.jpg

My neck of the woods!! You just passed "my" Wal-Mart!! Boy these things look familiar!!

Random things like this giant can of paint:

102_0293.jpg

Or this church that looks like it ran into a lighthouse:

102_0294.jpg

Or a giant metal knight. Okay, so you can't really see it in this picture but if you squint your eyes really hard and look to the far right of the picture, you can barely make out his sword that's pointed downward:

102_0295.jpg

Madison plays soccer not far from these lovely icons!! See them often...ahhh, Americana!! :rotfl:

Since we had a different starting point this trip we didn't get to travel these roads...I so totally missed it. I10 is BORING!!! I love 98 West eading to Mobile and getting into Wilbur, AL and Semmes....makes me really feel like I am on a road trip!! Can't wait for more!!

I'm so glad your trip started with some sunshine after last year's rain. :thumbsup2 How nice that your kids helped so much with the getting ready to go process...I wish mine were so helpful! Maybe someday!

I love all the water tower pics. What a great idea! ;)

LOL.....5 minutes into the trip John is sleeping! When is his phone going to ring?? :lmao:

I meant to mention a little tidbit of info you may or may not know: you passed through Start, LA where Tim McGraw is from but you also passed through Star, MS where Faith Hill is from. It is just south of the Richland/Florence area on HWY49. The only thing really marking Star is a convenience store and a red light.

We have a friend from Rayville that grew up with Tim. She goes to the fundraiser every year and we keep saying we are going to go but have yet to make it. She gets back stage....I really need to make that effort to go!! :goodvibes

Saw your wonderful pictures on the CBR thread and headed over to hear about your adventures. We are headed to CBR next month for the first time. I can't wait!!!!!

Welcome! I took so many pictures of the resort and will be posting more soon! I bet you are about to bust to get to Disney. If I could go again right now, I would.

It feels great! It's going to feel even better in 3 weeks when school is over, and 1000x better when we honeymoon in Disney. Less than 2 months, woohoo! :cool1: Until then, I'm getting my Disney fix by following TR like yours. :hippie:

I am sure you are ready for school to be over with and for the honeymoon in Disney to start!

Yay! I love your trip reports. Hopefully this will help to tide me over until August.

Hey there! I'm so glad that you decided to join me.

How did I miss 4 pages?!?!?!

Anyway, I'm here and I'm going back to actually read! Can't wait!

Okay, I read your first installment and it's great, as usual! You and John look lovely as ever! Lacey is so beautiful and how the heck did Hunter change from being a cute kid to a handsome young man?!?!?! It's crazy, I tell you!

Can't wait to hear more about your trip.

Welcome aboard again! Thank you so much for the compliments on the pictures. Hunter has grown so much the last year. He's getting "buff" from all of his football workouts and loves showing off his muscles.

Hi Lisa! :wave2: I caught the tail end of your last TR so I just lurked and have been anticipating the start of this one. I can't wait to read all about your adventures!

Yay for you getting in on the beginning of a trip report! I hope that I can keep you entertained along the way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter