Jumpin' June Exercise Challenge--Everyone Welcome!

90 minutes 5k training, 35 minutes Yoga meltdown

970/2000

595/900

Monday exercise:
60 minutes gardening/weeding/hoeing
30 minute 2-mile Walk Away The Pounds DVD

1043/1500

180 minutes swimming and water aerobics 6/17 (must remember to reapply sunscreen during quick breaks. Duh!)

50 minutes fitness walking 6/18

So today I dug out my scale that measures body fat % so that I could plug in some data to calculate my "ideal racing weight". (as described in the quick start guide to racing weight by matt fitzgerald) Let's just say WAKE UP CALL!!! I know I don't plan to really race competitively, so it's not exactly a goal I'm setting for myself. But I was underestimating my current fitness. Let's just say I've been here before, 12 years ago when I busted my butt to lose weight for my wedding day. And then again before I lost weight pre-pregnancy.... I really can't believe I am up here again. I had been weighing myself so I knew how much I weighed but the body fat % shocked me bc I thought I had more muscle now.

I spent the next 30 min doing Pilates and reminding myself that two years ago I was so hurt that I couldn't run 20 feet and last November I finished a half marathon. And reminding myself that although having children isn't an excuse for gaining weight and keeping it on, it is an accomplishment that my body performed. And that in general, I'm pretty happy with my life and I'm healthy and in enough shape to run distances regularly.

But data is helpful and objective and I'm going to use it to stay more committed to my training and refocus. Especially if I think I'm going to run two halfs 5 weeks apart one of which is the glass slipper challenge.

So - 575/800 (1000...)

I always wonder about the accuracy of those things. How can it figure out the correct % without taking measurements??? :confused3

6/15 - 20 min PT and 29 min run
6/16 - 30 min elliptical and 20 min PT

June as of 6/17=526/1200

Don't think I'll hit that elusive 1200 but I'll keep shooting for it! :thumbsup2

Today's exercise - 125 minutes

With my wife:
Warmup walk - 5 minutes
Ran 3.1 miles - 41 minutes
Cooldown walk - 10 minutes

By myself:
Warmup walk - 5 minutes
Ran 5.5 miles - 54 minutes
Cooldown walk - 10 minutes

June tally - 1888/2500

6/15: elliptical 30; fight club 60
6/17: personal training 30; bike 25; elliptical 25; fight club 60
6/18: bike 60; elliptical 65

1630/2700

I keep forgetting to update my work out hours so here is what I can remember:

June 8th: Dancing 60 min
June 9th: Swimming 60 min
June 16th: Played softball for 120 min
June 17th: walked for 60 min

New total: 390/1800

I always wonder about the accuracy of those things. How can it figure out the correct % without taking measurements???

They're useless. Something as simple as how much water you've had to drink or salt from food can alter the results. You'd be better off using one of the online calculators which do estimates from abdominal measurements.

Displacement and DEXA scans are about the only tests really worth anything.

775 / 1000
Looks like everybody keeps cranking it out. Tonight did 10 minutes warm up on treadmill 20 minutes of strength conditioning and 26 minutes on the elliptical with interval training I deducted 6 minutes from the warm up 10 minutes on the treadmill just because it didn't feel very challenging so I think it should not count

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter