JULY NO BUY!

My goal.....to limit my OWN spending for 15 days, with a total household no spend of 8 days.
July 1 No Buy (easy....it was Canada Day) 1/8
July 2 Pool expense/groceries/posting birthday gift $50

July 3 Groceries, Medication, salt for water softener $55
July 4 Groceries $75
July 5 (forgotten yesterday) Groceries, Gas $50 (time for a heart-to-heart with DH on the grocery front)

July 6 Although it is our anniversary, we'd been out to celebrate my retirement on Saturday, so no 'date'. We did have Swiss Chalet, but used a gift card sooooo No Buy 2/8

Goal is 10 days, so far 3 out of 10! :)

July 1 - stamps

July 2 - dinner/drinks

July 3 - no buy!

July 4 - no buy!

July 5 - groceries

July 6 - no buy!

I completely failed at this in May and June, but I'm going to try again for July. My coworker got me to do this 28 day diet and exercise challenge that has been completely blowing my budget. It ends on July 13, so I'm looking forward to having a little more money and a little less weight.....:rolleyes1

July:
1-No Buy #1
2-so close, but the bus was delayed and I would've been late for my workout class so I had to catch a cab :sad2:
3-groceries
4-No Buy #2
5-bought dinner after watching the World Cup Final
6-No Buy #3

3/15 Days So Far

Well, we have zero "No Buy" days so far. :oops: Even though we don't have any "No Buy" days yet, we are becoming more aware of what we are spending, which is a good thing.
I agree, I only have 2 of my 10 but it is making me much more aware of what I spend. I don't think I overspend a lot on groceries, but I think I can always do better b/c = more savings for Disney. :D

Last month I was close to getting 12 No Buys. I'm going to try it again. July 12/31

July 1st - Groceries
July 2nd - No Buy #1
July 3rd - Lunch with Hubby
July 4th - Lunch, Fireworks, Movies
July 5th - No Buy #2
July 6th - Birthday Gift

I wasn't counting groceries unless I purchased something outside of my weekly shopping. I noticed most people count those. So far 2/31

Getting a late start since I've been on vacation and just got back yesterday. Needing to cut back on spending, as I went a bit over budget. My goal is 20 No Buy days.

7/1 - Spend, waterproof camera and snacks
7/2 - No Buy #1
7/3 - No Buy #2
7/4 - Spend, smoothie
7/5 - Spend, snacks & Mickey Mouse mug & gas
7/6 - Spend, snacks & Amazon order

I'm back in for another month. The begining of the month is a big $$$ spend. Covers our Annual 4th. of July Party
My goal is again 15
1. -0-
2. Purchases at Costcos, Shop Rite, and Walmart
3. More spending for the picnic :headache:
4. -0-
5. -0-
6. -0-
7. -0-

5/15

My goal.....to limit my OWN spending for 15 days, with a total household no spend of 8 days.
July 1 $0 1/8
July 2 $50

July 3 $55
July 4 $75
July 5 $50
July 6 $0 2/8

July 7 $5 Treated myself to my annual Peanut Buster Parfait

Some of you have definitely started off better than me this month. July is a long month too. I dont know if that's helpful or hurtful in this challenge.o_O

7/1 - Spend, waterproof camera and snacks
7/2 - No Buy #1
7/3 - No Buy #2
7/4 - Spend, smoothie
7/5 - Spend, snacks & Mickey Mouse mug & gas
7/6 - Spend, snacks & Amazon order
7/7 - No Buy #3

I keep forgetting about "No Buy" days! :o I bought a notebook that I needed, a bag of ice, and 2 small snacks yesterday without thinking. I could have waited until today when I knew there would be some spending. It was only $4, but still can't count yesterday as a "No Buy" day.

1st: Fast food- $6
2nd: Dinner- $37
3nd: Groceries-$150
4th: Donuts- $6; Tickets: $158
5th: Dinner- $40 (Took the kids to a local food/sports place to watch the Women's World Cup Soccer Finals. What a GREAT game! USA! USA! USA!:cheer2:)
6th- Lunch- $9
7th- Notebook/Snacks/Ice-$4

July 1 $0 1/8

July 2 $50
July 3 $55
July 4 $75
July 5 $50
July 6 $0 2/8

July 7 $5
July 8 $42 Groceries for a reunion lunch with my BFF tomorrow

NY Pirate Princess, thanks for starting this month's no buy! I fell off the wagon last month getting ready and then leaving on a trip and got home yesterday. I'm not going to worry about the beginning of the month and just start from today. I haven't been doing well either lately (seems to be a theme around here…) so I'm going to set a low goal of 8 days -- hopefully that will inspire me to be more successful next month!

July 1 - 7: vacation
July 8: groceries, clothes for DS

goal: 0/8 days
0/0 non-consumable items purchased (clothes for the boys don't count)

I had no buy days on the 5, 6, 7th!
But on the 8th, I needed to buy some office supplies at Staples (and I did need them), and - look was right next door - Dollarama! It was a like a magnet pulling me in there, I swear. Total of $70 spent between the two stores ($50 at Staples, $20 at Dollarama).
And today (9th) I bought some crackers to bring (with other stuff I already have) to a volunteer meeting tonight. I am going to pick up a prescription on the way over so that will be a bit more, too.
It's my daughter-in-law's birthday on Saturday so I will need to buy her a gift and possibly some ingredients unless I can work out a menu based on what I have in the pantry.

I like how this challenge makes you more aware of how you are spending your money. It forces you to think more about what you are purchasing and if you really need to have it or not. I like that! Its helping me break my mindless spending habits.

July 1 $0 1/8

July 2 $50
July 3 $55
July 4 $75
July 5 $50
July 6 $0 2/8

July 7 $5
July 8 $42
July 9 $0 3/8

1st: Fast food- $6
2nd: Dinner- $37
3nd: Groceries-$150
4th: Donuts- $6; Tickets: $158
5th: Dinner- $40 (Took the kids to a local food/sports place to watch the Women's World Cup Soccer Finals. What a GREAT game! USA! USA! USA!:cheer2:)
6th- Lunch- $9
7th- Notebook/Snacks/Ice-$4
8th- NO BUY #1
9th- NO BUY #2

We've decided not to include our weekly grocery trip as a buy from now on because it is already included in our budget. If we buy something outside of the weekly trip, then we'll count it as spending here.

No Buys: 2/10

I am loving how many people joined this month and how awesome you are all doing!

Me, not so much.

am going with a goal of 12 NO BUY days this month.

1 - NO BUY
2 - vacation starts July 3, bought snacks and gas
3 - seaside vacation total spent, nearly $3000 Makes disney seem cheap (except for my spring break flight, I hate you jetblue)
4 - vacation spend
5- vacation spend
6 - vacation spend
7 - vacation spend
8 - vacation spend
9- NO BUY #2
10- Just a cup of coffee from DD because I was having a terrible day, but not a no buy day
11- Farmers market, ice cream at blues fest

2/12 Not going to make it, but going to do my BEST!

Uh oh. I'm avoiding this thread because of how poorly I've been doing….

July 1 - 7: vacation
July 8: groceries, clothes for DS
July 9: new dish towels (so much for no new things in the house! Mine are so stained and these were so pretty….)
July 10: dinner out, a new boogie board for DS (not counting as a non-consumable because the broken one went right in the trash)
July 11: errands

goal: 0/8 days
1/0 non-consumable items purchased (clothes for the boys don't count)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter