July Exercise Challenge...Jump In!...Everyone Welcome!

Today was my shorter day on the treadmill. I did 3.85 miles in 50 minutes. My goal is to do one mile per day (at least), and usually once I get on the treadmill I end up doing more :).

270/1300

Does sweating doing nothing count as exercise? We put new decking out around the RV at the campsite and while I did nothing but hand out tiles, I'm dying!!
It is soooo nasty

oh, I just need to have a big pity party. This has not been a good year for me.

I was walking at the park (getting my mile in between rain showers, ugh) and I tripped and fell landing squarely on both knees. One is not too bad. the other one is huge and swollen. Looks like I have a golf ball on my knee. Went for xrays and not broken--thank goodness--he thinks the bursa just filled up with fluid from the fall. It didn't hurt too much earlier, but the longer I go the more it hurts. I am glad I had the xrays. He said RICE and ibuprofen. So it is wrapped with an ace bandage and propped up. I just can't catch a break. I guess I should consider myself very lucky that my knee cap did not break.

Not sure if I will be able to do my mile tomorrow. It will be the first one I missed this year.:worried:

They took a bunch of xrays and he showed them all to us. There was one spot that looked worrisome, but since that wasn't the area that hurt he wasn't too worried about it. And I guess I have arthritis developing in my knee--there's a shocker. ;)

Anyhow, sorry for the cranky story. I am just burned out. It is getting hard to see the positive in anything this year.:sad2: I keep telling myself--at least it's not broken.

Jeepers! I go out of town for a couple nights and you guys double the posts! That is so awesome!! :cheer2: Great job. We are very colorful on the first post, which is updated through post 105.

Rose, I am so, so sorry you are hurt, but very glad nothing is broken! :) I am so struck by your perserverance, especially doing a mile a day. Even if you're too hurt to do more now, you made it over half the year! I, on the other hand, went to bed one night, woke up the next morning and realized I hadn't done my situps for the day. That was a couple months ago and I have not been very diligent since. Don't follow my example!! :rotfl:

It sounds like everybody was able to get lots of exercise minutes in over the 4th! Yesterday I spent 2 hours loading a rental truck for my brother's big move, :drive: but since there was some standing around I'm not counting any of it. I was the only gal there and all the men took pity on me and grabbed the heaviest stuff. :sad2: I'm not the least bit sore today, but I bet some of them are! :rolleyes:

Keep up the good work!

Mom Rides--I don't think your minutes are correct. The number I posted is the one you gave me, but I believe you are shorting yourself 20 minutes! I'm no math genius, so you might want to check (initial post + Post 43 + post 63 + post 76 = 160 not 140).

Rose&Mike said:

I was walking at the park (getting my mile in between rain showers, ugh) and I tripped and fell landing squarely on both knees. One is not too bad. the other one is huge and swollen. Looks like I have a golf ball on my knee. Went for xrays and not broken--thank goodness--he thinks the bursa just filled up with fluid from the fall. It didn't hurt too much earlier, but the longer I go the more it hurts. I am glad I had the xrays. He said RICE and ibuprofen. So it is wrapped with an ace bandage and propped up. I just can't catch a break. I guess I should consider myself very lucky that my knee cap did not break.

Not sure if I will be able to do my mile tomorrow. It will be the first one I missed this year.:worried:

They took a bunch of xrays and he showed them all to us. There was one spot that looked worrisome, but since that wasn't the area that hurt he wasn't too worried about it. And I guess I have arthritis developing in my knee--there's a shocker. ;)

Anyhow, sorry for the cranky story. I am just burned out. It is getting hard to see the positive in anything this year.:sad2: I keep telling myself--at least it's not broken.

Oh rose! You poor thing! I can so completely sympathize with on-going pain and injuries one on top of another. It IS so hard to stay positive. Don't push yourself tho just for that one mile. I say u can make it up when you r better. What do u say fellow disers??? :)

AFM: I manage to get out for a run around 8:30 tonight and it was still hot and humid but not nearly as bad as it would have been with the sun beating down too. Did ok too, even ran ALL the hills (I usually cheat the last few feet of each one and walk but found out during a 5k that habit needs to be broken!

50 min run... 180/800

Not sure if I will be able to do my mile tomorrow. It will be the first one I missed this year.:worried:.

Don't let it get you down! Instead of thinking about the one mile you missed, think about all the miles you accomplished! The amount of people that can say they've run a mile a day for more than half a year are few and far between. You're doing an amazing job! Just take care of your knee and when you can run again, you'll be ready.

240/1200.
Added 120 today. So hot and humid on the way to the gym....96 degrees, so HUMID, but lucky for me they keep the gym like a meat locker! Sorry, Rose for your injury.

Yesterday, I ran for an hour - 6 miles, came home and mowed the wet soggy yard with a push mower (the self propelled wheel mechanism broke!) for another 30 minutes. I was pretty gross when I was done!!

165/1200

432/1900 :)

Thanks. :) I was having a big old pity party yesterday. :sad:

I walked a mile today. It was not pretty, but it is done.:goodvibes I must say I have some very impressive bruises. When we left the urgent care yesterday the receptionist told Mike not to push me down again.:thumbsup2 I keep finding new bruises. My left knee is such a mess that I have been ignoring all the other boo boos.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

I wish I could say I have run all my mile a days this year, but I have walked lots and lots of them. I decided a long time ago that would have to be good enough.

Great job Figment on running those hills! I always sing Kelly Clarkson in my head when I am struggling with a hard hill--what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. :goodvibes

Can I join the party a little late? Didn't make my goal last month but I'm trying again :)
Mon-60 min elliptical
30 min run
Tues-30 min run
Wed-45 min run
Thurs-30 min run
Fri-30 min run
45 min elliptical
Sat-45 min run
Sun-rest ;)
315/900

Today's Exercise - 135 minutes

With my wife:
Warmup walk - 5 minutes
4 mile run - 53 minutes
Cooldown walk - 15 minutes

By myself:
5 mile run - 52 minutes
Cooldown walk - 10 minutes

July tally - 741/3000

So sorry you're acing more problems. I fell when running last week and it surprised/kinda shook me up but no injury. No one saw, it was 5:15 so no hurt even to my pride. I thought about everyone's injuries I've read about and I'm more careful now. Hope you heal up real soon.

Rose&Mike said:
432/1900 :)

Thanks. :) I was having a big old pity party yesterday. :sad:

I walked a mile today. It was not pretty, but it is done.:goodvibes I must say I have some very impressive bruises. When we left the urgent care yesterday the receptionist told Mike not to push me down again.:thumbsup2 I keep finding new bruises. My left knee is such a mess that I have been ignoring all the other boo boos.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

I wish I could say I have run all my mile a days this year, but I have walked lots and lots of them. I decided a long time ago that would have to be good enough.

Great job Figment on running those hills! I always sing Kelly Clarkson in my head when I am struggling with a hard hill--what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. :goodvibes

Wow Rose! Can't believe you got your mile in. Bravo! And thanks for the song idea!

269/1000

32 minute walk today. I may try to fit in some strength training later if I can find the motivation :)

Rose-so sorry you're facing another injury. I know you said you got your mile in today, but please don't push it! Your knee probably needs a lot of rest & tlc. Good luck with your recovery!

180/1000

Did the 2-mile 30-minute Walk Away The Pounds earlier today.

Couldn't get myself motivated to walk, or do much of anything yesterday. Too hot and humid. :crazy2:

Humid again today but not as hot yet so made myself walk. I couldn't skip two days in a row.

Hope your knee feels better soon Rose. Maybe you should give it a rest for a day or two?

453/1800

185 minutes fitness walking.
I didn't walk as far as I had scheduled. The heat and humidity got the best of me today. :sad1:

Sorry to hear about your knee Rose. Please take care, and give it the time it needs to fully recover and heal before you continue your training. I speak from experience on this issue. I was a bull headed idiot once and thought I knew better than my doc how my recovery after a injury should go. Turns out they have a medical degree for a reason...::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter