July 6, 2010 - 7/6/2010 ~ Pounds to Rubles ~ Mickey invades the Baltic Sea

Status
Not open for further replies.

nzdisneymom

DIS Veteran
*** I have edited this first post to be a place to keep some of our info more readily available. If you have info that you want posted here, just let me know and I'll add it as time goes on.

Watch here for announcements. ***

UPDATED: 06-12-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DISers Booked:

CarolAnnC / DISTeach / Crissup
DW2DH&DS - 7068
goingsouth - 5020
OurDogCisco - 8080
wintergreen - 6064
Disney_rocks - 8522
Denise - 6020
Thistle - 2126
justhat - 8534, 8082, 8084
nzdisneymom - 6116
sharper_fin and Babybear42 - 2070
DMMarla07860
Nevada
daipp - 2000
eeyorelvr10
DisneyRN1 - 7066
FabuMouse - 8082
Deb T. - 8552
sshaw10060 - 2054
Twinparents - 2138, 2140
APinCA
din
slg - Deck 8
stimpy
jship210
2littlestiches
sshaw10060
cmaelltt1 - 6007, 6011
addicted.to.speed / NAG
GeneralMax
ugarxdawg
Monstro
njdisneyfans
long_time_cruiser
tfc3rid
GCLPC
disneyfortwo
Janet
Marlaymike
LisaTex - 8016
orangebird
aurorafan65
Fivepin
djpate
gandyfamily
Dopeylover54
kawigrl - cat 7 gty
caseyk20
tfc3rid
Iowazipcode
NYCDisneyFan
DisneyRedHeadPirate
KYDIZFAN
el_bandito
Stealthdisney - Cabin 5520
bhayes
UncleB - 2608
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monstro (aka Jeff) is putting together a web presence (http://pounds2rubles.wikidot.com/castaways) with details about the cruise and us Castaways. If you want your traveling party's info included, send pictures and info to Monstro via a PM or email to jc23@comcast.net.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To participate in Fish Extenders, send a PM to goingsouth (Joanne). Include your cabin number if you have it already, and the makeup of your traveling party (adults, kids with ages and gender).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LisaTex is coordinating a Palo brunch on a sea day. PM her if you're interested in attending. There are two groups set up already and a waitlist has been started.

The first group for Palo Brunch is 1st Full sea day at 10:30.
Fivepin - 3
LisaTex
nzdisneymom - 1
aurorafan 65 - 1
wintergreen - 2
Carol AnnC - 4
sshaw 10060 - 2

The second group for Palo Brunch is 2nd Sea day at 10:30.

Monstro 2083 Jeff, Ann, Stephanie (23) Utah
Denise Denise, John, Elini (20) California
Goingsouth Joanne & John Massachusettes
DW2DH&DS Stacey & Beth California
ApinCA Kathy, Vance, Gayle and Bruce California
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LisaTex has reserved secret deck 7 on the first sea day from 2-3 for a DIS Meet. That's Deck 7, all the way aft. First sea day will be Wednesday, July 7th. Come one, come all!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beth is organizing a dinner meet in Dover on July 5th. Anyone wishing to join can send a PM to DW2DH&DS or email at beth@anschultz.net

The dinner meet will be at 7:30 on July 5th at Cullins Yard.
http://cullinsyard.co.uk/

Anyone interested should contact Beth so she can adjust the number of people on the reservation accordingly.

DW2DH&DS:
Beth, Stacey, and Jack (8)

denise:
Denise, Jimmy, and Eleni (20)

slg:
Sandra, Charles, Nicholas (14), Aidan (11), and Jaren (8)

goingsouth:
Joanne, John, Sara (14), and Amanda (12)

Fivepin:
Judy and Ray

djpate:
Debbie

sshaw10060:
Scott, his wife, and son (3)

Thistle:
--Thompson-3 adults
--Bourdelais-2adults, 3 teens (13)

Don Gold:
Don, Marie, Laura (20ish) and Diane (20ish)

CarolAnnC :
Carol
John
Kristen (early 20s)
Jen (early 20s)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Possible Group Activities (and DISer who has volunteered to coordinate):

Scrap meet (GeneralMax)
Viking Party (?????)

Yep.
We are thinking this one or the June one.
Sounds exciting.

How are you finding the cruises so early. When I look the latest date that I can see is Dec 2009

You can't book them yet, but if you look on the special cruises, you'll see the itineraries that DCL announced today. Booking starts October 14th, but they have the dates and the price-ranges for the special European cruises online.

Hey,

Just thought I would put a link out to see who is planning on the July 6th Northern European Capitals itinerary. Also, any speculation on whether there will be a shore excursion to Berlin, late night St. Petersburg white nights excursion, or just thoughts on excursions in general. How about the port you are most looking forward to. Whether anyone is planning on a few nights pre/post cruise in London or Disneyland Paris. Looking forward to chatting with and eventually meeting all of you.

~Beth

count us in for this one!!!!:cool1:
the three of us!!! :dance3:

This is our top pick as well. My birthday is on July 12, and I would love to celebrate on the Magic!

We're going for this one!!! I wonder how many repeaters from 070707 there will be?

We met Scottishwee and her family on the July 18th Med. And were contemplating the July 18th Baltic except that it goes to Estonia instead of Finland.

Will next Tuesday get here fast enough?

I am going to put in a tentative yes.
I have always wanted to go to Russia and this meets my criteria. I pointed out to my DH that RCCL had the same itinerary and was significantly cheaper (we love RCCL) but he said "Let's stick with Disney". We just got off the EB Repo so we would love another cruise to look forward to sosoon.
Sooo.... here's hoping we are on the ship. :thumbsup2

I edited the title of the thread to incorporate the creativity of DW2DH&DS (Beth and her DH).

Here's the link to the Park Plaza hotel.

Renaissance Chancery

and the Grosvenor

I'm excited the both the Renaissance and Park Plaza will accommodate 4 in a room; when we did the Med, we had to get two rooms in Barcelona... maybe because we added the hotel portion later on than at the beginning, so I don't know if the other hotels that DCL had would take four or not.

Anyway, just thought I'd pass these links along.

Hello

Tonight my husband and I had talking so we had make the decision that we ARE IN.:cool1: :cool1:

We send away to our TA (Dreams Unlimited) for this Cruise.

Start saving up, sell ebay, car boot.

Oh we are so exciting now :banana: :banana:

Scottishwee35

We're planning on this cruise, but guess we'll find out for sure next week. We're so hoping for a Cat 3 and if we can get one, but it's on the 6/24 or 7/18 dates, we'll go with them. But since I doubt we're high on IC's fax list, odds are we'll be on this cruise!

And NZDisneymom and Scottishwee, I remember you guys from the 7/18 Med thread too! We were looking at the 7/18 cruise for 2010, just for the sentimentality of the dates, but would prefer the 7/6 date and itinerary.

Well we pretty much have it narrowed down to two and this is one of them. The Finland deal is a determining factor here. So hard trying to plan, however, not knowing if my job will be able to accomodate this time off for me. I may have to quit work to pull this off, LOL!

Will keep you all posted..so nice to the the 7/18 Med cruisers here...such nice friends to be able to cruise with again, if possible...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter