July 4 in the Med.

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Surfergirl, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Surfergirl

Surfergirl <font color=green>I think these are all wonderful

How does Disney Cruise Line celebrate July 4th. We will be on board for July 1 (Canada Day) and July 4th.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Surfergirl

Does anyone know what DCL does on any of the ships?

4. CandyMandy

CandyMandy DIS Veteran

The silence on this one is somewhat deafening. I guess no one on DCL cruises on Independence Day pays attention to the calendar.

5. Surfergirl

I guess I will find out for myself in less than 2 weeks.

6. deplion

deplion Earning My Ears

I read on a past trip report that there may have been a few scattered Red, White and Blue decorations, but nothing else special on July 4.

7. kmc33

kmc33 DIS Veteran

I wondered about this too. Last summer when the Magic was in the Med. I tried to ask about fireworks for the 4th. I got the impression that the fireworks were Pirate night regardless of when the 4th of July fell. For the June 29 cruise, I believe that would be July 5th (for Pirates night). And in watching all different Med cruise meet threads I have come to appreciate how diverse the demographics are of guests from various countries, so maybe it's easier for them all around to stick to the schedule.

I learned something new here, I don't remember knowing that Canada day is July 1st. I know that your Thanksgiving Day is in October because it is near the day we celebrate Columbus Day in the U.S.