July 22, 2015 * 12-night Northern European Cruise!

Vote for a nickname for our cruise! (Voting closes 5-21-14)

• Nuts for Northern Europe

• Mickey to Russia with Love

• The Mouse Who Loved Me

• Baltic Buccaneers

• Wishing Upon a Northern European Star: 12 Nights of Magic

• To Russia with Mickey Bars

• Creme de la Kremlin

• Tea, Goulash & Mickey Bars

• From Russia with (Mickey) Gloves...

• Don't Russia Back to Finnish in Dover

Results are only viewable after voting.
We're ready to be on this cruise! :jumping1: Paid-in-full last week. Booked everything yesterday - - - excursions, a Palo brunch, a Palo dinner, and one massage (for me!). Flights and hotels are set up, too. Now all I need is for mid-July to get here! Anyone else ready to go? :boat:

Really appreciate all the good info on this thread thanks to all the local Londoners. It's been very helpful. Looking forward to meeting you all onboard. Has anyone set up a meet and greet yet?

I'm still working on our FE gifts. I know what I want to do, just need to get started on them. ::yes::

We're ready to be on this cruise! :jumping1: Paid-in-full last week. Booked everything yesterday - - - excursions, a Palo brunch, a Palo dinner, and one massage (for me!). Flights and hotels are set up, too. Now all I need is for mid-July to get here! Anyone else ready to go? :boat:

Really appreciate all the good info on this thread thanks to all the local Londoners. It's been very helpful. Looking forward to meeting you all onboard. Has anyone set up a meet and greet yet?

I'm still working on our FE gifts. I know what I want to do, just need to get started on them. ::yes::

So excited! All our excursion are booked. We're going early to Disneyland Paris, then some time in London. First this Sunday we go in a Disney Western Caribbean cruise.

Wow Karen! Super exciting to be going on a Disney cruise next week!!! I'm envious! We've done the Eastern Caribbean, but not the Western.... yet. I know you'll have a fantastic time!! :goodvibes

I was up at midnight Monday night to book excursions, spa treatments, and Palo. :surfweb: I couldn't wait to check that off my to-do list!

For anyone who's curious, I can see the times (and days for Copenhagen and St. Petersburg) that our Baltic excursions are offered and would be more than happy to answer any questions. :thumbsup2

Bus Update

I have started conversations with the following re: buses
BethieTink

I am unable to do this with the following:
gg.leigh
mindelmouse

Could these people please contact me at balticbuccaneers@mail.com to confirm (or cancel) their seats.

The coach IS NOW FULL so I need to know if seats become available ASAP

Looking forward to seeing you all

Wow Karen! Super exciting to be going on a Disney cruise next week!!! I'm envious! We've done the Eastern Caribbean, but not the Western.... yet. I know you'll have a fantastic time!! :goodvibes

I was up at midnight Monday night to book excursions, spa treatments, and Palo. :surfweb: I couldn't wait to check that off my to-do list!

For anyone who's curious, I can see the times (and days for Copenhagen and St. Petersburg) that our Baltic excursions are offered and would be more than happy to answer any questions. :thumbsup2

Deb T - exciting stuff, I've got to wait until the 90 day window as a lowly silver.

Can I take you up on your offer re excursions, would you mind checking for me (all re St Petersburg):
- Is the Church of the Spilled Blood with Canal tour (SP05) available both days or just on the second day?
- Is the evening Hermitage still availble?
- Is the Pushkin and Peterhof tour (SP10) both days or just the second day?
- What are the timings for the walking tour (SP02) on day 1?

Thank you so much

Andrew

Deb T - exciting stuff, I've got to wait until the 90 day window as a lowly silver.

Can I take you up on your offer re excursions, would you mind checking for me (all re St Petersburg):
- Is the Church of the Spilled Blood with Canal tour (SP05) available both days or just on the second day?

Thank you so much

Andrew

Andrew, I'm really glad to help! :)

This is only offered on Day 2 at 1:30pm.

The Evening at the Hermitage w/Private Concert (SP30) is only offered on Day 1 at 6:45pm and is still available.

This is only offered on Day 2 at 7:15am.

On Day 1 it is only offered at 12:30pm.
On Day 2 it is only offered at 1:15pm.

Happy planning! :)

Andrew, I'm really glad to help! :)

This is only offered on Day 2 at 1:30pm.

The Evening at the Hermitage w/Private Concert (SP30) is only offered on Day 1 at 6:45pm and is still available.

This is only offered on Day 2 at 7:15am.

On Day 1 it is only offered at 12:30pm.
On Day 2 it is only offered at 1:15pm.

Happy planning! :)
Thank you. Seems like they are not making it particularly easy to combine tours or to offer more than one option on what I'd expect to be popular tours.

Thank you. Seems like they are not making it particularly easy to combine tours or to offer more than one option on what I'd expect to be popular tours.

I completely agree! A private tour just might be the way to go in St. Petersburg in order to see and do more over the two days we're there. :confused3

Is anyone still looking for private tours in St. Petersburg? We're trying to get one together and the more people that join, the better the price!! :)

Is anyone still looking for private tours in St. Petersburg? We're trying to get one together and the more people that join, the better the price!! :)
Yes, we will (TiggerPU88, me and DS-13) will probably go with a small group. Haven't figured out what our priorities are, and the $=>Rouble keeps getting stronger anyway, so we figured we could wait.
TripAdvisor lists about 30/tour companies that all seem to go to the same places. Am I wrong?

I completely agree! A private tour just might be the way to go in St. Petersburg in order to see and do more over the two days we're there. :confused3

I would strongly agree having been there before you see far more and it can be cheaper the 50% off with Anastasia made mine far cheaper than DCL. And DCL start times are not flexible and hard to combine. We are staying out all day and most of the evening first day without returning, on DCL trips if you could co ordinate them there is little time to eat and you loose time going to and back from the ship to the city.

I was considering it, but really keen on the evening Hermitage trip and once you take that into account then we can do everything else we want with the other tours I asked you about and the timings will work (plus SWMBO is less keen on doing a non-DCL tour). I'm just surprised they aren't offering multiple options as I can see them running out of capacity.

I was considering it, but really keen on the evening Hermitage trip and once you take that into account then we can do everything else we want with the other tours I asked you about and the timings will work (plus SWMBO is less keen on doing a non-DCL tour). I'm just surprised they aren't offering multiple options as I can see them running out of capacity.
I think they will run out, the issue is at St Petes you can't just get off DIY you have to go a port adventure or a private tour so the demand will be higher. image.jpg

This is my private tour over two days in St Petes on DCL tours you can do chucks of it, you couldn't do all of that, and Aldo not loose time going to and from the ship between tours.

Hi Everyone! Who's interested in joining us for a ballet the evening on 7/29 in St. Petersburg. I got a quote from Anastasia (we have the two day excursion booked with them already) for:
Group size 4 pax = $100; 6 pax = $75; 8 pax = $73; 10 pax = $69; 12pax = $66; 15pax = $63 Price per person, USD. Email me at pacific4@gmail.com if you & your family want to join.

Time Zone Changes

I was looking over our 2010 Baltic Navigators today and was reminded about all the time zone changes we had during the cruise! Our 2015 itinerary is a little different, but based on the 2010 changes, here is my best estimate of the nights we will be changing our clocks and watches.

Wednesday, 22July Day 1 At Sea: At bedtime, move clocks 1 hour forward (ie. 11pm to midnight) for Copenhagen and Stockholm

Monday, 27July Day 6 Stockholm: At bedtime, move clocks 1 hour forward (ie. 11pm to midnight) for Helsinki

Tuesday, 28July Day 7 Helsinki: At bedtime, move clocks 1 hour forward (ie. 11pm to midnight) for St. Petersburg

Thursday, 30July Day 9 St. Petersburg: At bedtime, move clocks 1 hour back (ie. 11pm to10pm) for Tallinn

*Friday, 31July Day 10 Tallinn: At bedtime, move clocks 1 hour back (ie. 11pm to10pm)

*Saturday 01August Day 11 At Sea: At bedtime, move clocks 1 hour back (ie. 11pm to10pm) for UK

*There is a possibility they will have us move our clocks back 2 hours on Friday night instead of gradually doing it one hour at a time over Friday and Saturday nights.

I believe that St. Petersburg doesn't have Daylight Saving Time so we won't need to change our clocks forward on the 28th or back on the 30th.

I believe that St. Petersburg doesn't have Daylight Saving Time so we won't need to change our clocks forward on the 28th or back on the 30th.

:welcome: Welcome to our Meets Thread, Parrot Cay! I just added you to our Roll Call. :)

Last edited:
So, I stand corrected (once again). :upsidedow

Our new cruiser, Parrot Cay, is correct about the St. Petersburg time change, or lack thereof! :worship:According to him, and I quote from a pm, "St Petersburg had Daylight Saving time, now it doesn't. To make it more complicated, for a number of years, they had Daylight Saving time all year round." So I did some research, and St. Petersburg is now on Moscow Standard Time (MSK). My "World Clock" app on my cell phone is as incorrect as I am. :confused3 But, timeanddate.com confirms and explains MSK. The good news is we'll have two less time changes which will be much easier on the 'ole body clock.

So, here is my NEW AND IMPROVED BEST GUESS time-change schedule:

Wednesday, 22July Day 1 At Sea: At bedtime, move clocks 1 hour forward (ie. 11pm to midnight) for Copenhagen and Stockholm

Monday, 27July Day 6 Stockholm: At bedtime, move clocks 1 hour forward (ie. 11pm to midnight) for Helsinki and St. Petersburg

*Friday, 31July Day 10 Tallinn: At bedtime, move clocks 1 hour back (ie. 11pm to10pm)

*Saturday 01August Day 11 At Sea: At bedtime, move clocks 1 hour back (ie. 11pm to10pm) for UK

*There is a possibility they will have us move our clocks back 2 hours on Friday night instead of gradually doing it one hour at a time over Friday and Saturday nights.

I've edited the original post to reflect the new information.

Last edited:
Been booked on this cruise for ages but only now getting around to saying "hi". There is me, DH Tony, DS Simon (24) and DD Rebecca (18). this will be our 8th Disney cruise but first time back on the Magic since she had be reimagined so looking forward to it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter