July 2015 discounts?

Waiting to hear from my TA! Show me the money!!

Good luck! I tried to add a few nights at CBR to the beginning of our vacation, but there was no availability :sad1: Hoping something might open up.... I'll keep trying.

I'm not very thrilled. Our 14 day stay at ASMu with 10 day WPFM tix, DxDP only saved $277. A tad disappointing.

Got my discount today! 30 % at AKL for 4th of July week. Called and had the discount applied to my existing reservation, no problem.

I am disappointed, as well. I am happy to have $300 off, but I was really hoping for something more. Is it possible for any other discounts to come out?

My travel agent called and asked if there where any pins associated with my name they said no but I was able to use the visa discount. Saved $1300.

Used the Visa discount and saved $83.94 at POP for 4th of July weekend. Pretty sweet for just making a phone call!

Hey July people...Disney discounts are out to the general public today. Not a huge list of available resorts and rooms, but still a discount! And, I found that looking on Orbitz (through which you can get the Disney discount AND the Orbitz discount) brought up more resorts, such as CSR which is what I wanted and wasn't listed at all on the Disney summer promo site.

Hey July people...Disney discounts are out to the general public today. Not a huge list of available resorts and rooms, but still a discount! And, I found that looking on Orbitz (through which you can get the Disney discount AND the Orbitz discount) brought up more resorts, such as CSR which is what I wanted and wasn't listed at all on the Disney summer promo site.

I wonder why they have ran out of rooms so fast on the Disney website, at least on moderates, and now it looks like Orbitz is running out of moderates too. Interesting.

From the start I think the availabilities of moderates were low. At CBR and POR the only rooms available, even for Visa Disney members, were the Royal and Pirate rooms.

I've never booked thru Orbitz before, can you please help me understand how to get both discounts? What is the Orbitz Discount??
Do I book thru Orbitz and then call Disney with my booking number and get them to apply the Discount?

From the start I think the availabilities of moderates were low. At CBR and POR the only rooms available, even for Visa Disney members, were the Royal and Pirate rooms.

You are right, there is very low availability. No standard rooms, only Pirate rooms and King rooms at CBR. We have reservations for middle of July at CBR. I tried getting the discount when the Disney Visa discount became available last week and I've been trying everyday in case they release more rooms. I am very disappointed. If we decide to keep our reservation at CBR and not change to another resort, this will be the first time in 7 stays at Disney that we will not get a discount. If we change resorts we are thinking of POP, which we stayed there twice before or CSR, which we have never stayed at. We could save around $325 if standard rooms become available at CBR or if we decide to stay at CSR. We really love CBR so we will probably keep our reservation.

Isabellea: Did you try Orbitz? As of this morning they had more hotels and rooms open than the Disney site. CSR (where I wanted to stay) wasn't showing at all on the Disney site, but I got a preferred CSR room with the discounted rates on Orbitz.
DisMom: This was my first time on Orbitz, it went fine! There are posts on this forum about it, including one "Orbitz users, hold my hand"...try that for details. However, you go to Orbitz, see what the current Orbitz code is on the home page. It is 15% I just don't remember the actual code. Then enter in your desired Disney hotel and dates in the search. Also enter in the above mentioned promo code in the bottom of the search box under "Redeem Promo Code." If the hotels you want are availale, they will show something like "Summer Discount rate" in green under the average daily rate so that's how you know you are getting the new summer Disney discount rates. Go through and book online but keep an eye out that your Orbitz promo code gets entered too, this should show in the price summary. In other words, the Disney discounts show up as the room rates, and the Orbitz additional discount is a promo code. You get both of these through your online booking through Orbitz. OR you can do it all on the phone, by asking if you are getting the summer Disney discount rates and also have them enter in that Orbitz promo code from the home page. I did mine on the phone this morning but I used online to research.

It's not confusing, I hope I am explaining it correctly. You do the entire booking through Orbitz to get both discounts. Once you have done this, like later that day or whenever, call or chat Orbitz to add any kids (if you have any...only book adults during your original booking. The kids don't cost more but Orbitz apparently has some kind of glitch that charges for kids if you put them in the original reservation) and also ask them to give you your Disney confirmation number. I did this after making my reservation (separate phone call) and it went fine. That's the number you will need to do things online My Disney Experience such as magic bands.

Isabellea: Did you try Orbitz? As of this morning they had more hotels and rooms open than the Disney site. CSR (where I wanted to stay) wasn't showing at all on the Disney site, but I got a preferred CSR room with the discounted rates on Orbitz.
DisMom: This was my first time on Orbitz, it went fine! There are posts on this forum about it, including one "Orbitz users, hold my hand"...try that for details. However, you go to Orbitz, see what the current Orbitz code is on the home page. It is 15% I just don't remember the actual code. Then enter in your desired Disney hotel and dates in the search. Also enter in the above mentioned promo code in the bottom of the search box under "Redeem Promo Code." If the hotels you want are availale, they will show something like "Summer Discount rate" in green under the average daily rate so that's how you know you are getting the new summer Disney discount rates. Go through and book online but keep an eye out that your Orbitz promo code gets entered too, this should show in the price summary. In other words, the Disney discounts show up as the room rates, and the Orbitz additional discount is a promo code. You get both of these through your online booking through Orbitz. OR you can do it all on the phone, by asking if you are getting the summer Disney discount rates and also have them enter in that Orbitz promo code from the home page. I did mine on the phone this morning but I used online to research.

It's not confusing, I hope I am explaining it correctly. You do the entire booking through Orbitz to get both discounts. Once you have done this, like later that day or whenever, call or chat Orbitz to add any kids (if you have any...only book adults during your original booking. The kids don't cost more but Orbitz apparently has some kind of glitch that charges for kids if you put them in the original reservation) and also ask them to give you your Disney confirmation number. I did this after making my reservation (separate phone call) and it went fine. That's the number you will need to do things online My Disney Experience such as magic bands.

Thank you so much!! Just one last question, can I add the dining plan in a few days by calling Disney? Your instructions were great by the way!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter