July 2, 2005 - WE ARE THERE!!!

Fran, if we could we would be right there with you sipping the drink.

Jim........it's only money! You can't take it with you.........and I'm sure Kim won't mind you and Mona living with her when you retire because you spent all you $ on Disney cruises. Besides, if you don't come........who will I dance with when Ron isn't there?

Fran

I have my dancing shoes on - but Kim is using all my money for something called college - How dare her..... Keep us in mind, as we would love to cruise with you all again. How are the kids?

What's wrong with her getting a studnet loan?

The kids are great! Steven is doing very well in 8th grade.
Kelly has started her competative season in gymnastics

Fran

Hello as well! :wave: I've been thinking about all of you. Shane and Alan have my new cell phone all fixed up. Alan put a picture of Captain Mickey on it so when I flip it open, that's what's on the screen. Shane put the ship's horn and a snippet of the "Get the Deck Party Started" song from the Castaway Club Cd as my ringtone. :thumbsup2 I saw "The Man" (from the first West Coast Cruise) last night and I had to show it off. His phone only plays the MIckey Mouse March :goodvibes

Fran, I checked out that blabbermouth thread. Holy cow! 25,000 posts. I think they live up to their name! I didn't come across any posts from you or Dave (unless I missed one). I imagine you've been quite busy with Kelli's gymnastics. What's Steven up to? I don't know yet if we're going to make it on that cruise. Like everyone else we've been waiting to see where 2007 takes the Magic, in case we wanted to switch. I know 3 summers of Disney Cruising wouldn't happen for us. I read a couple days ago about it supposedly being the Med......that doesn't really interest me as a family trip. I wonder how accurate that rumor is?? Also, the moment Bryce got home from camp on Catalina Island last summer he said he wanted to work there this summer. It looks like it might actually be a possibility - and if it does work out he'd have to be at the San Pedro peir by about noon on June 4th. He'd be there 6 to 7 weeks, and won't be paid since he'll only be 14. He would be a "counselor in training". On his application he put that he was available June 11th, and that he'd like to go with his Scout Troop to camp Whitsett (in the Sierras in CA) the week of 25th, but that he could stay through July. Bryce got a call Friday that said they wanted clarification on his availability - that he'd have to be there on the 4th because it's training week so they can learn to work as a group (and Bryce needs that!) and, he'd have to be willing to give up taking that week to go to Whitsett. Bryce said o.k. I was actually surprised. They told him he'd know in 2-3 weeks. Sooner would be better!!!! Shane has finals up until May 25th so that wouldn't leave us any time before or after to do any side trips.

I've certainly managed to blabber on :teeth: Hope everyone is well!
Sherry

jgiants21 said:
I have my dancing shoes on - but Kim is using all my money for something called college - How dare her..... Keep us in mind, as we would love to cruise with you all again. How are the kids?

After taking Monica on her first Disney cruise, we are now hooked for good! We have four scheduled with a few more we are considering. We would love to see you there!

We are currently planning on a party in Vegas as well and will send details as soon as we know more.

Fran, I checked out that blabbermouth thread. Holy cow! 25,000 posts. I think they live up to their name! I didn't come across any posts from you or Dave (unless I missed one). I imagine you've been quite busy with Kelli's gymnastics. What's Steven up to?

Hey, Sherry!

Yeah...those guys can chat! It is kinda hard to keep up with them if you don't have access to a computer all day. ( somebody has to teach all day) By the time we get home from gym at 8:30, and then eat dinner.........I don't have time to read 6 or so pages before bed. They are a friendly group, so I try and post once a week. Good thing Ron is going on that cruise.....I know we'll have someone to have fun with.

Steven is doing well. He applied for a magnet school for next year. We are crossing our fingers that he gets in. It is an architecture and enviromental design themed high school, so I think it is "right up his alley".

Kelly has started her competative season. SHe and I flew to Colorado Springs last weekend, to compete in the Pike's Peak invite. SHe did very well! I wish all her meets were there!!! Next weekend, she has another meet in Altamonte Springs. Let's hope she does well.

WOW! Your boys will be busy! Why not take a cruise without them???? :lmao: Come on the May cruise with us!!!!!! :banana:

Just a thought....................

Fran
:teacher:

Hi everyone,
It has been awhile since I last posted, but I have been keeping up with all of the news.

Well, it is official...Brody (ds18) is going to The University of Hawaii this fall.

Jim, I certainly know what you mean when you say your money is going to college. Brock just graduated from ISU in the spring of 2005, now Brody! I have toyed with the idea of robbing a bank. Anyone out there want to drive a get away car? :rotfl2: ?

Angie

It has been about 4 months since Vickie or I have visited this board. We have not scheduled another cruise as a result of college things that I see that others are dealing with and some house rennovations.

We have gutted our kitchen and are now putting it back together. Have been eating a lot of cereal and anything that can be microwaved since January 1.

As for college, our eldest, Ashley, is interviewing at grad schools. Has 6 schools that she has been invited to. Visited Johns Hopkins last weekend and is at University of Wisconsin-Madison this weekend. So far she has been accepted to the University of Penn, UMass, and Hopkins.

Aubrey, our youngest is absolutely loving her first year of college. She is really involved at the University of Arizona. Part of the dorm government, and other dorm activities, while still keeping great grades going.

We have not talked about another cruise, but would really like to go on one within the next couple of years.

I trust that things are going well for all.

This update will bump this to the first page again!!!!

Howdy everyone!

Ben, Vickie, David and Monica - we still need to get together! Do ya'll like Oregano's?

Fran, there's nothing like waiting til the last minute.......we made our final payment yesterday just a few hours before deadline :goodvibes Things finally fell into place, including finding out Bryce doesn't have to be to Catalina Island until June 18th instead of the morning of the 4th whick really helps. So now I have to get busy making arrangements!!! What hotels/resorts do you like at DisneyWorld (yes, price matters :) ) I'll have to get over to the blabbermouth thread later tonight. I told a friend she could host her bunko group here tonight 'cause her house is tiny so I'd better get off of the computer!

Kim, Shane got his license 6 weeks or so ago. He's doin' alright! He hasn't had to drive in much traffic yet, or for much of a distance yet.

Bye for now,
Sherry

Sherry- Did I read that right? Are you guys going on the May Cruise with Dave,Fran and Ron?

We're booked for the Nov. Double Scoop cruise along with Larry and Betsy, as well as many other people we've invited (Dave and Monica recently booked it too). There are a few Phoenix area people going on our cruise. Anytime they post I think of all of you Arizona cruisers from our July Cruise.

Be sure to tell us all about it (as you will be a few months ahead of us). We've booked our flights, but that's about it so far - not even a hotel booking yet.

So now I have to get busy making arrangements!!! What hotels/resorts do you like at DisneyWorld (yes, price matters ) I'll have to get over to the blabbermouth thread later tonight.

Sherry.....are you cruising in May or just going to Disney World?

Hello to everyone. :wave:

Dave

Dave - we're doing both :thumbsup2 :woohoo: I can't believe it :goodvibes I apologize - I was rushed and not very clear in my last post! I never made it back on the computer last night. Wendy, you're further along than me - I don't even have flights yet. I'm considering trying priceline, but am hesitant.

Any of you have experience with the Disney Dining plan? I haven't found much on DIS about it, as far as ease of use and it's value. I tried to search but the computer kept locking up during the search! I'm trying to compare prices between dining/packages/AP............ I called reservations about the AP rates that are out til June 3 and it sounds like as long as you check in on the June 3 you can get the AP rate for your stay. I hope she was right if we decide to go that way and get one AP. She said that the POR and CBR were available as well as AS Sports in the value area. I didn't check deluxe! There's just too many options :) I imagine most DIS'rs are for staying on property????

Time to go pick up Bryce from school. Bye for now.
Sherry

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Yeah!

Sherry and Allan are on our cruise!!!!!!!!

That's great!!!!!!!!!

Bring your dancing shoes!!!!!

Fran

HI ALL, I want to hear about your recent cruises since we are not able to take one. :sad2: :sad2: Hope all is well with everyone.

Have a great summer and keep in touch! :cool1:

Jim

hi! well its been awhile ! well the band trip to wdw was last week. they marched down mainstreet last sunday and the band front performed on the torrow land stage! we stayed ant the BWV using our pts ate bfast at the bw bakery! yum . it was a quick trip but oh so thankful for ir. we will head out to vero beach resrt over the 4th of july . we went to visit our dd alison in italy over easter. she studied abroad 2nd sem in perugia italy. we went to florence, assisi, rome for 5 days, a 4 hr tour of the vatican and attended easter vigil mass inside the vatican! we were blessed by the pope! collusium, pantheon and spanish steps and threw coins in the trvi foutain, so we will return someday!!it was a wonderful time. now the DDP we ate our way thru wdw!! you can't beat the price. we used the {snack} for bw bakery , then ate lunh, then ate dinner {app, entree and dessert} all for 37.99 a person. we ater at capt jacks dtd ate twin lobster tails. ate filet mignon at kona cafe and ate at japan,epcot. there are plenty of thread an the wdw restaurnat site. we were full and wouln'd have ordered or ate like that , but the price is unbeatable. saw dcl busses and who knows when our next cruise will be. anyone doing the med cruise? hope all is well with all our july 2nd friends ! talk soon lisa

Hi Every One

We have been quite busy and have not been on the sight lately. We were not aware that there had been as many posts.

In January we were deciding what to do with the theater garden and we decided to put in a garden train. When we were looking at the locootive they suggested that we raise the train off the ground so we would not have to bend.

Well we started designing and planning and we put in two flower bed which were 84 cubic yards of dirt. That was a lot of dirt, rock, sand and retaining wall to move through mud on plywood. Of course it has to have a tunnel a canyon and a bridge with trestle a mountain and 2 mines. We did not know it was so involved but is was a great time. We built the tressles and the building and Ron Moved Lots and lots of dirt. But it looks great.
We had a revelation at the train opening party that the mine was missing Snow white and the seven Dwarfs so we ordered them and now are looking to design the dwarf cottage and the castle I guess it is time to review snow white for the plans. Hopefully this will be easier to maintain than the last garden. So far the sheep have not eaten the plants and the cats have stopped digging up the plants. As in Disney the project will never end it will just mature nd change.

We have been very busy at work. In November the county fired the animal services veterinarian and several clinics are picking up the slack, however we are picking up a great deal of it. Which has meant spays and neuters. Friday I had to put a pig to sleep that had fallen out of truck and broke its leg. It does keep life very interesting.

Ron fell in love with a English Setter cross puppy that they were going to put to sleep and so now we have a new dog.

While this is all going on Ron stated a rediculously high income goal for the clinic and said that if they made the goal he would take them to Disneyland for a weekend well they did it in March without even knowing it. They are scheduled to go the end of Sept and the kids are not going. Ryan found the brochure for Disneyland and started plannning his trip. So I guess we will have to plan them a trip.

Jim Lets do a meet in Las vegas this summer we owe crystal a trip this summer and she would love to have someone beside Mom and Dad.

Have agreat summer

Sue

Hey guys!

Hope everyone is doing well!

:goodvibes
We just got back yesterday from our cruise with Ron, Sherry and Allen.
It was SO much fun. The weather was perfect...........and the seas were SO calm. At one point, it looked like we were sailing on a lake, not the middle of the gulf! :cloud9:

Dave and I are now concentrating on our October cruise...........goota look forward to SOMETHING in life! :banana:

Well...there are 8 bags full of things that need to be put away.........I think I'll do that tomorrow, and go relax in the pool today! :rolleyes1

Miss You guys!
Fran

It looks like everyone is very busy.

Fran, the cruise sounds like you had a great time. Did you warm up your dance shoes.

Ron and Sue, We would be up for a VEGAS meet - we must come up and see the train, it sounds great. I will bring the wine.

Kim is off to Boston this week for her leadership training.

Adam will be off to camp in a week.

Hope that everyone is doing well.

Hi all- The kids are done with school for the year! Of course I'm still teaching for another week, but that's how life goes. Jake is now officially a middle school student (and taller than me!), and Riley is finished with Kindergarten. Conner even managed to get himself on the Principal's list the final trimester (all As), so I guess the kids all had a good year! Jake is off at camp this week (Woodleaf up by Chico), and then Conner goes mid July to Hume Lake with his youth group, and Jake will be at Hume 2 weeks later with his youth group. Guess I won't see a whole lot of my older two kids this summer.

Tim's mom passed away a couple of months ago, and his family has finally gotten around to scheduling a memorial service for her next weekend (she was cremated, so the urgency for a service went out the window). Lucky for us, the ceremony is in Mission Viejo, so we have time to get a day in at DL while we are down there. We'll miss all the Pirate of the Carribean 2 premeire stuff by mere hours (we'll be in the park on the 23rd, and the festivities are on the 24th). pirate: Would have liked to see the rehab on the ride, but it will have to wait until next trip.

Speaking of animals...Sue, we're looking to add a labradoodle to the family if you know of anyone who happens to have a litter of them. We've seen them priced from $400 - $1200. Just can't see paying the high end for a mixed breed dog, and don't want to buy a dog from someone we don't know anything about either. We currently have a female lab and love her to death, but Tim has allergies so that's what leads us to look at the labradoodle.

Well, hope everyone is having a good June! Enjoy your Father's Day guys!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter