July 18 2009 Tortola - Part 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, myself, DH and twins - DS9 & DD9 will be on the Tortola cruise. We don't have a cabin yet, just a Cat. 6 guarantee. Please add us to your list. I'm not completely savvy on all the lingo. Please tell me what does FE stand for? Also, please tell me about FL rates? We live in FL. If Disney posts lower rates will they lower our already paid for rate? Thanks for the info.:banana:

:welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:

FE=Fish Extender - it's a pocket that you attach to the fish (a small metal holder outside your stateroom door). Most have a couple of pockets. Then people can leave messages and other treats for you.

There is an FE exchange on most DCL cruises if you desire to participate. You sign up to put a treat in everyone else's FE and then you get one from everyone else on the list. Our list is in the first post.

Sometimes DCL will release special FL rates for FL residents right before cruises in order to fill up ships. So far the FL rates for this cruise haven't come out yet. Several people are waiting for them. I don't really know the logistics of how they work though, not being a FL resident myself. :confused3

Welcome to our cruise!:cheer2:

Welcome Strawberry Rubia!!!

noahsmom (Kelli) - with DH and DS (11)
jlawall (Joann) - with DH (Ken), [DM (Alice), DF (Bill) - the "Rents"], DD (Tara - 25), DBF (Jeremy - 26), DD (Jessica - 19), and DBF (Jack - 20)
wvmd (Virgil) - with DW (Frances), DD (Kristin - 23), DDF WVspacemonkey (Nick - 23) and DD Dancingpiglet(Lauren - 14) and DDBFF (Ashley) (14)
mickeymo (Monica) - with DH, DD (12) and DS (14), parents, DBRO, DSIL and Dnephew (7)
RAC - with DH, DD (12) and parents
MrsG (Maryann) - with DH (Tom)
lwilliam (Lucy) - with DH, DS (22) DS (17)
Mason7AK (Angela) - with DH, DD (16), DD (8), DS (7) and DD (3)
Kadorto - with DW, DS now 5, and DS now 8
Ky Cruisin (Pam) - with DH, DD (17), DD (9), DS (8), and DS??? (19)
Ramule (Chip)- with DW (Nancy), DS (Matt - 16) and DD (Kelli - 13)
AdventureBlondeBoy (Eileen) - with DH, DD16, DS13, DS11, DS9 and DM
Teriyaki (Laurie) - with DH, DD 14 and DD 14
Disneymagic316 (Wendy) - with DH (Russ), DD 17 (Amy), DM (Marilyn), DS 23 (Matthew), DDIL 23 (Leah), DSGF, Dsister (Cindy), DBIL, DNephew 13 (Sean), DBIL (Rusty), DMIL (Lyndia), DMIL's husband (Scott)
Mollygirl13 (Jacqueline) - with DH
Quagmire - ?
Macavity (Gale) - DD (Ali -16)
I'm a princess (Chrissy) - with DH (Brett)
BigAWL (Aaron) - with DW (3PrincessMommy aka Joann), DD 7 (Caitie), DD 5(Alex), DD 2(Grace)
SC Minnie (Mona) - with DH and DD 15
WDWgoose (Garry) - with DW (Cruisin'Goose Vicki)
toniteach (Toni) - with DH, DD 6 and DD 4
Loriluvsdisney (Lori) - with DH, DD (13) and DS (12)
Eeyore18 - with DH, DS (11), DD (4) and DM
jfis1020 (Jenny) - DH aka Mr. Redlegs, DS (15) aka Fatphil32, DS (12), DD (10), DM, and DMIL
pipsqueak (Fran) - with DH, DD (12) and DS (6)
luv2boys (Amy)- with DH (Jesse), DS (Nicholas - 13) and DS (Jared - 10)
tinkerbell_29(Lissa), DM (Nancy), DB (Matthew)
Dizzyworld (Shirley) - with DD (Allison - 14) and DS (Ace/Alex16)
Timeforme - with DH
gonecrusin' (Susan) - with DH (John) and DD (Emily - 19)
OlKiara (Betsy) - with DH,DD (28) DS (15) DD (10) DN(11) DN (23) and friends DH, DW DS (14) DS (15)
♥sassy♥tink♥ (Lori) - with DH, DD (16) and DS (10)
Tia (Donna) - with DH and DS (14)
cforsyth (Charleen) - with DH (Tim), DD (Terri 22), DD (Shelby 15), DM, DF, DS (Tricia), DBIL (Stan), DN (Jacob 9), and DN (Abigail 6)
Tia (Donna) - with DH and DS (14)
Disnutz (Darnelle) - with DH (Mike), DD (15) and DS (9)
cinderella97(Jill) - with DH(Paul), DD (Kayla 12)), DM, DF, DB, DSIL, DN (10), and Dniece
(8)
Billsgirlz - with DD (17) and DD (5)
Georgia Jamie (Jamie) - with DH (Bill), DD (Carrie 11), and DD (Claire 9)
bdtmoult - with DH and DD (11)
Strawberry Rubia - with DH and DS (9) and DD (9)
Starwood (Nancy) - with DH (Mike) and DS (Matt) Darthvader92(16 - turning 17 on the cruise).

Does anyone have any idea who the cruise director is for our cruise as yet? Anyway to find out?

When the cruise was a surprise to DarthVader, we created Macavity (he's not there from Cats), so I could post in this forum, and he would not know it was us, and we could still participate.

Do you know how hard it is to post, log out, re log in, post, log out, re log in and try to get the 100?

So, TexasCruiser and Macavity are the same person... (and Princess123 is my DD)..

So, can I please have Captian SchoolIsOut??

Okay, now if I don't get ready for church my DH is going to ground me from the computer he says...

Have a great day ya'll.
I had a thought if you got 100 screen names and posted one from each you would be sure to get the 100. I mean, since you already have twice as many names as everyone else. I'm just sayin' is all. Captain school's out indeed...POINT!

Sounds like we have a lot of performers and techies on this ship - Brent better watch out, we may have to plan a show!! DD is a dancer too - she has her recitals this weekend, and is in all three. Patrick is actually in all three this year too - he usually only does a boys hip hop class (which dances in 2 recitals) but this year did tumbling as well, which puts him in all three. Rachel has to be in all three because of the ballet production - this year Coppelia.

Shirley - the pointe shoes are a killer. FInancially as well as physically! I swear I no sooner buy a couple then we need new ones!! WHich ballet company was it? Maryland ballet?

SO next week we have dress rehaearsals, prom, she is singing at graduation and finals are finishing. SHould be a crazy week. Boy do I need this cruise.

Ok - who has made a FE? I need some directions. I have been trying to plot it in my head, but having a little trouble.

I'm impressed with your DDs talents. I'm surprised she does ballet and soccer. We had a girl on our team who was in highly competitive Irish dancing. Her dad was from Ireland and they even had a dance floor in the basement and a teacher come to their house each week. By 10 she was already competing in Ireland. Every time she was on the soccer field fighting for the ball I kept saying "Not the legs, not the legs."

We worked for the then Maryland Ballet Company (I also had worked for Center Stage). DH was the technical director and I was in costuming, except on the weekends when I worked for him doing the load in, set-up, and I ran the lights. Loved Coppelia. The pointe shoe issue was fascinating to me. I thought the shoes were very magical. There was an article in the Smithsonian magazine years ago about the pointe show business.

I went to school at the North Carolina School of the Arts as a techie. One semester they had all the techies takes some dance classes, because you can't design a set if you are clueless what it is like dancing across the stage. The real ballet students thought this was the funniest thing, so did we. Many of the people I went to school with ended up at WDW doing shows. It was an interesting life. Now my DH works for a sprinkler company and I'm a teacher. It was fun bringing in things like lighting gels to teach color to preschoolers when I taught there. Many of the colors also help make it easier for dyslexics to read.
~~~~~~~~~~~
I also bought me FE from Ebay. Mine is just the pink felt Mickey one. I am very impressed by the different designs out there now.

Hello everyone, myself, DH and twins - DS9 & DD9 will be on the Tortola cruise. We don't have a cabin yet, just a Cat. 6 guarantee. Please add us to your list. I'm not completely savvy on all the lingo. Please tell me what does FE stand for? Also, please tell me about FL rates? We live in FL. If Disney posts lower rates will they lower our already paid for rate? Thanks for the info.:banana:

:welcome::welcome:

If FL rates come out, you will have to call DCL to try and have the rate applied if it is a better rates than you currently have. DCL won't automatically do it.

:welcome:

This is gonna be a great cruise!

My DD9 (Claire) will be thrilled to hear there are more 9 year-olds on board. Making new friends is one of the best parts of the cruise! :)

Looking forward to meeting you.

Jamie

Welcome!

Here is a link to a thread all about FE's: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1219607
Take a look, there's lots of pictures both of FE's and some gifts put into them. Currently there are 35 families participating in our FE exchange. Let us know if you would like to join in and we can add you to the list (found in the 1st post of this thread).

Happy planning!

Ok, just to remind everyone.....here's the official meet on Sunday at Studio Sea at 12:15pm. Can we say that on this day, we will bring a $20 grab bag to share as a random pick for families to get to know each other. It should hold items from your hometown or state. Of course, it's optional. Then possibly we could introduce ourselves and go from there. Where would everyone like to meet at Castway? Deck 10? Perhaps, this is the day we should wear our shirts so we can find each other......suggestions, ideas, agreed?? Just trying to keep us organized...welcome to our newest member...we're now up to 35 FEs.....macavity.....WHAT WERE YOU DOING ALL DAY........:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:.....joann.....let's play "Knock Knock", neighbor!.....just kidding.....I know, that's not funny, you have small children (I just couldn't resist)........WHERE IS JENNY??

Also, may I say the BVI is the MOST beautiful place I've been, it is less developed but so, so beautiful. Both the Baths and the Jost Van **** places are so wonderful, you can't miss. I'm actually in Miami this w/e visiting my DD22 who just moved there. When I get back next week, we'll take one more look at the private charters in BVI and see if people really want to go and how much......:goodvibes

Think the grab bag idea is a great one! Fun to put together and fun to get! :thumbsup2

Deck 10 at sail-away sounds good, too. We may or may not be wearing the 'official' shirt, but if not, we'll at least do the lime green bracelet.

C'mon July 18th! Hurry up and get here already!!!

Shirley - soccer and dance is hard. Actually, she is quitting her performance group next year. She has realized she really cannot do it all. SHe'll still take ballet and technique classes because she really does love it. I have actually never seen Copellia - so I am excited.

I always tell hubby I am going to work for WDW one day, but I do not have your tech talents, so I will probably be a waitress!

I believe that the ebay directions for the FE will likely be the ones used, :rotfl: but I have mastered those already. In my head where I have much more time than in my real life, I am going to pretend to make it. IN actuality, that means I will get the directions, buy all the materials, and order it anyway a week before we sail.

In my head where I have much more time than in my real life, I am going to pretend to make it. IN actuality, that means I will get the directions, buy all the materials, and order it anyway a week before we sail.

Me too! I have plenty of time in my head. And if it wasn't for deadlines, I wouldn't get anything done. I noticed I do get a lot done when my computer is down. Hmmmmmm.............

There could definately be a correlation between the two!

How many days do we have left? about 40, I think. Well, at least one of those weeks the kids will be away at camp, so I can probably do some things then.

Lets see if this picture will come through - here is what my FE looks like:

!BROMFM!!mk~$(KGrHgoH-CgEjlLl1Ej9BJ88B1ZKWQ~~_1.JPG

I had a thought if you got 100 screen names and posted one from each you would be sure to get the 100. I mean, since you already have twice as many names as everyone else. I'm just sayin' is all. Captain school's out indeed...POINT!

If I did that, I'd have to have each one tell you happy birthday today.... and
well, by the time I logged in, posted, logged out, logged in, posted, etc, 100 times -- your birthday would be over.

109066073.jpg

Think the grab bag idea is a great one! Fun to put together and fun to get! :thumbsup2

Deck 10 at sail-away sounds good, too. We may or may not be wearing the 'official' shirt, but if not, we'll at least do the lime green bracelet.

C'mon July 18th! Hurry up and get here already!!!
:goodvibes

For the newcomers, we should repost the link to Cafe Press (I think that's what it's called), so they can order tshirts with the official logo if they want to! Hey Virgil, can you do that when you have a chance? I apologize in advance if it's already on page 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!