July 18 2009 Tortola - Part 2!

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by noahsmom, Apr 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jlawall

jlawall <font color=royalblue>Captain Lucky, the Great Pro

You're the best!!!
    I love them!! THANK YOU SO MUCH! You made my day, they are so cute!!!:goodvibes:worship::worship::worship:
    :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::love::goodvibes:woohoo:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. WV Space Monkey

WV Space Monkey Cabana Boy

Good to hear!

I could definately use a vacation and some fun too.... this cruise cant get here soon enough

4. mickeymo

mickeymo DIS Veteran

After 14 years in Houston, I'm still in awe over the space industry. Nick is probably jaded by now...:lmao: But, this is cool! Twittering in space!!!

http://www.nasa.gov/topics/people/features/massimino_tweet.html

http://twitter.com/Astro_mike

Mike Massimino was/is one of the basketball coaches in my son's basketball league. Unfortunately, ds never had him as a coach, he's an all around nice guy! I didn't know he was an astronaut until this year when my daughter's dance studio (where his daughter also dances) scheduled him to speak. It surprised me - he's tall for an astronaut! I guess I was expecting astronauts to be around the size of fighter pilots, not basketball players ...:lmao:

5. MrsG

MrsG <font color=peach>We teachers ARE the worst!<br><f

Thanks for the twitter link, Monica. I checked it out. Imagine doing a spacewalk!!!!!!!!

Is it just me or am I not getting the "twittering" thing. Isn't it just like a stream of conciousness???????? :confused3 " I went to the store. I ate icecream (I wish...) I just saw a movie." Am I out of the loop on this or what????

6. jfis1020

jfis1020 <font color=blue>Mrs. Preferred View<br><font colo

thank you! :worship: I feel so much better knowing that someone else sees it this way!:rolleyes: I cannot think my life is THAT interesting. Heck, I am trying to forget some days!!!:woohoo:

7. mickeymo

mickeymo DIS Veteran

I don't twitter - facebook and the dis is enough for me!!!

8. lwilliam

lwilliam <font color=deeppink>Goofylover<br><font color=tea

I'm a DISboard and e-mail kindof girl (and VHS, and CD players):lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

9. jlawall

Sry, I like DIS, Facebook and Twitter...........:goodvibes

10. tinkerbell_29

tinkerbell_29 DIS Veteran

I don't really get what twitter is. To me it just seems like a blog. DIS and e-mail are enough for me.

Got my biopsy results back today they were all clean so we can definitely treat with meds. I was worried we were going to have to cancel this trip. Thank goodness were not.

Lissa

11. 3princessMommy

3princessMommy DIS Veteran

No tweets from Burkina either. I can't keep up with e-mail, the Dis, Facebook, my job and my kids. Not even going to attempt to try and add something else that must be constantly monitored!:headache:

12. 3princessMommy

3princessMommy DIS Veteran

Hey, I have a goofy question...You'd think with over 500 Dis posts, I'd know this - BUT...

Do your screens automatically refresh the DIS boards, or do you have to keep doing it? For example, if I leave the meets board up, it doesn't move to show me that someone else has posted, I have to refresh it manually.

This only bothers me when I'm trying to do something else, but still monitor the DIS happenings. Any techies out there that have an answer if I can get it to automatically update?:confused3

13. MrsG

MrsG <font color=peach>We teachers ARE the worst!<br><f

Have to hit refresh, sorry. Don't know of anyway to automatically update without closing the window and reopening? Is there such a way?

Lissa,

Great news!!!!!! Now just concentrate on getting well!!!! :goodvibes

14. SC Minnie

SC Minnie <font color=purple>Are we there yet???<br><font co

You have to refresh manually if you are staying on the same page.

I haven't gotten into Twitter. Don't really understand all the hype. Facebook and DIS keeps me plenty busy!

15. WV Space Monkey

WV Space Monkey Cabana Boy

Wow that would be the worst!

Yeah, its really wierd working here... When I first got the job it was along the lines of 'OMG NASA!' now they keep me so busy, focused on learning, even though there are astronauts walking down the halls, or even in the same room, there's so much pressure to learn the material that I dont get to sit back and enjoy it. Every now and then I go sit out by the duck ponds, take a few minutes, and put everything back in perspective.... 'wow'.... then back inside again, the pressure is back on and its a normal 8 hour grind. I dont understand how it can be so amazing but so normal at the same time. :confused3

16. disneymagic316

disneymagic316 <font color=peach>DVC Owner since 2000<br><font co

I am,too!

Lissa- Great news!

My son came home from college for the summer yesterday. I love having him home but its always an adjustment for everyone. I think he accumulates more stuff every year. Now we have to find a place to put it all.

17. jfis1020

jfis1020 <font color=blue>Mrs. Preferred View<br><font colo

:banana::banana:Good for you!

18. cforsythe

cforsythe Mouseketeer

Lissa, Great news about your tests. Now all you have to do is rest and pack!!!:)

19. jlawall

I'm not sure if I understand your question, but..........if you use the User CP button to the left, when you reopen your page it will should which of your threads has had an update since the last time you've been on.:thumbsup2

20. jlawall

Try my life......my second DD graduated yesterday from college.......:thumbsup2........there are boxes, etc. all over my house........she leaves for U of Miami tomorrow...........:sad2:.....and starts grad school on Wednesday...........:cloud9:...........but WHEN will she come home and put away her stuff???

Also, she's not coming with us this summer due to her grad school schedule, which is really bumming me out...............:scared:

21. lwilliam

lwilliam <font color=deeppink>Goofylover<br><font color=tea

ah, NO, I'll take my life right now - only getting ready for a prom tomorrow night - and since it is a boy that must get ready - that will take 5 minutes!:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: Just hope it doesn't rain for pictures.:sad2::sad2:

Wendy - glad to hear someone else in MY category:woohoo::woohoo:

Lisa - about time we heard some GOOD news around here:hug:

Let me be the first to remind everyone: :grouphug:

Monday is the 18th - only TWO more months till our cruise
    :cool1::banana::woohoo::yay::dance3::cheer2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.