July 1-7: Really busy?

cinderella_mom

Disneyland is my 2nd home...
I'm sure it's crazy on 4th of July, but how about the days before and after? We'd like to come as soon as we can, but DD's school ends 6/21 and ballet recital is 6/27!

Well I havent been there in 7 years, but that is the time we are going this year. I remember it being busy but nothing horid that ruined our trip. That is the only vacation my hubby gets the first two weeks in july, so we have to travel every year at that time. Good luck sorry i cant be of more help.

We're always there during that time and don't go to the parks on the 4th. We just plan very well, always arrive before the parks open, and make very good use of fastpass. We always get to ride everything we want at least twice with minimal wait. It's crowded, but if you plan well, you'll be ok.

We're always there during that time and don't go to the parks on the 4th. We just plan very well, always arrive before the parks open, and make very good use of fastpass. We always get to ride everything we want at least twice with minimal wait. It's crowded, but if you plan well, you'll be ok.

I totally agree. I had to check to make sure I didn't write this. :thumbsup2

We went at that time 2 years ago, and are going the week after this year (7-14). The crowds were not any worse than in June IMO, except for on the 4th. We had a great time and if you prepare yourself and know there will be some lines it doesn't bother you, if you are expecting to walk right onto attractions like in November, it will be a bit disappointing. So just remember, have a great time and don't rush around like crazy people trying to get it all in. 'Cause chances are you won't. The heat in July is brutal (again IMO), we always have to leave the parks in the middle of the day to get out of the heat for a bit. So that cuts down more on your time to get attractions in, but on the other hand the parks are open alot later in the summer so if you are night owls like us you can do alot after dark. Good Luck. Disney is great no matter when you go.

Been there, done that, twice, won't do it again. It is very crowded and very hot. The last time we went MK closed by 10 am on 4th of July. We are, and have been for the past several years, November folks.

...but the fireworks are AWESOME :tink:

All the above are pretty much my experience. Yes, it is very crowded, and hot, but if you know where you are going and what you are doing, you'll be ok. Magic Kingdom is a dead standstill on the 4th. Last year you were literally not allowed to walk down Main Street after around 4pm, as it was 100% gridlock. You exited the park through backstage exits in Tomorrowland and Frontierland. However, if you want to get the most out of the 4th fireworks, here is my suggestion, which I personally think is pretty good. See Magic Kingdom's fireworks on the 3rd, as it is the same show that will be there on the 4th. On the 4th, see MGM's fireworks, as it is one of the only days of the year they show fireworks, and then skip over to Downtown Disney and see their fireworks. There is plenty of time in between MGM's and DTD's to see both. You get in 3 of the 4 shows WDW offers, and it's well worth the effort.

Thanks everyone. We've been to DLR when it's crazy busy and done okay. I guess there's no chance of going to a Water Park during the day on the 4th and then going to MK for the night. Sounds like MGM fireworks would be a great alternative.

We'll be there July 1-7. My dh gets his vacation during that time too. Again, if you plan--you can do it. I will say that we've always avoided MK on the
4th. Drink lots and lots of water and take your time to enjoy it! It will be hot:beach: , it will be crowded:crowded: ...but it CAN be great:flower3: !

kim:wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

You can get into MK on July 4th to see the fireworks. I there last year and I stay offsite and was able to get in. Just be prepare for crowds. I just as just another holiday crowds that happen every year. But you can still ride everything just drink a lot water and powerade. Remember to have fun. You don't have see everything that day.

its not too bad but dont go to the parks on the 4th stay at the pool on the 4th and go to the park at night. i dont know if there doing it this year but last year the MK was open till 4 AM if your a resort guest.

Thanks everyone. We've been to DLR when it's crazy busy and done okay. I guess there's no chance of going to a Water Park during the day on the 4th and then going to MK for the night. Sounds like MGM fireworks would be a great alternative.

Cinderellamom,

My cousin goes every year on the 4th and she says the water parks are not that bad. She was shocked but a CM told her that everyone goes to the MK. Only 10 minute wait to get on most of the rides.

Hi,

I see that you normally have a plan when you go to WDW. Can you share any of your tips? We normally go during the 1st weekend of June and December (the week b4 xmas). This year is our first time going in the latter part of June (26-28 b4 our cruise), and I just want to have an idea of where we are going. Our flight gets in on the 26th at 9:30AM so I was thinking that we might go to MGM first after checking into our hotel, then taking a break then going to EPCOT in the eveing. On the 27 I was thinking maybe going to AK first thing then MK later in the evening.

But you seem like you have a routine down packed. If you could share that would be great!! Thanks in advanced

BTW..... My dd (4 & tall enough to ride all the rides), neice (15), dh (39) and myself (35) are going.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter