J's Trip report - It's Broke down again?? 3 rides and a plane ! Our Amazing Adenture

Day 7 Wednesday October 6th 2010 Hollywood Studio's

So this was our last day to do parks of any type. Since we had at least stepped foot into all the other major parks we decided to go ahead and check out Hollywood studios. Wise choice in my opinion :)
we had a great time, it was not overly huge so we was able to get back early and pack things for the next days travel. We took a peek around this place but unfortunately a couple things we had hoped to do was shut down for upgrades but that was OK! We set off to go to the play set for honey I shrunk the kids. Katelynn and I was really wanting to check this one out so we could go scold an ant for someone. Hahaha. So to be honest with you. I could have spent longer inside but it was awfully busy. I did stick my hand/arm up a dogs nose ! I don't think kids believed I would. But HAH I have proof. After we played around that area for a bit. Watched Toy men walk around and greet people soaked in some sites.. James asked to go do rockin Roller coaster. Katelynn finally agreed she would go after I promised her it did not go upside down. UM hahahaha OK When you enter into the area for rockin roller coaster it shows a car on a track UPSIDE DOWN. She still believed me. Well Mum's the word so I kept hush. Course that back fired. There was a glitch at about the time kids were on it and I see Disney folks going in through the exit and empty cars coming out. We waited for what felt like an eternity and no kids coming out. No no one coming out. Tony waits inside as I go around the other side to see if maybe kids were out the entrance.. no kiddos. Well that made my anxiety spike all I could think was oh yeah see. That’s what I get for lying to my poor child. I finally walk up to a cm and ask him if all was OK and he assured me all was. As I turn around to go back inside to see if kids were in there. Out comes Tony with the kids and they are laughingggg up a storm. Had a BLAST on the ride. Thank God. Since kids felt satisfied with how the ride went and there wasn't much more to peek at in Hollywood studio for us we decided to head back to the villa and pack up and just enjoy our last day at GKTW itself. We were back by noon and was packed up and did just that Had a blast our last day there. Goodness we just loved it there. So here are the pictures from Hollywood studios :)

DSC01560.jpg

DSC01566.jpg

DSC01567.jpg

Photo0053.jpg

Photo0056.jpg

Day 8 Thursday October 7th 2010 Travel to Boston

Oh *sigh* Time to head back to reality! What a Strangely wonderful week we had. Lots of laughs, lots of wonder Tons of MAAgic! Check out of GKTW was very fast and easy as far as paperwork went. But not so easy to say goodbye to.

So long home away from home. Off to the airport we go. Although there was some excitement to come home. We was missing our kittens and our puppy and family and friends too. As great as it had been we was ready to get back into routine oddly enough. Off to the airport. Flight was suppose to be at 11:55. so we was at the airport by 9am so we had ample time to turn car in and find where it was we needed to go.

As it turned out this was by FAR too early. Flight was at first delayed by 30 mins. Then an hour then another hour next thing you know it was 3pm and still no flight. We was going to miss our connecting flight. This all started out with the idea that a bird strike happened. OK I am not a well traveled flier and every few seconds the airport announcer comes on reminding us that we are at orange alert. DO YOU KNOW what comes after orange???? OK I try to calm down from “Bird strike” announcement when awhile later they announce that a part of the engine had failed and they needed to get a part for it. That no one had the part locally so they had to see about getting this part in. OMG FEAR ! I am now wanting this guy we met in Boston who says he fixes planes as his job and he seemed so nice and trusting and UGH. Anxiety? Yes we are in an airport with a broken down plane. Ill kiddos who need food but we did not dare move as we might miss when they do board. (finding food that James can eat can be hard at restaurants and too go places so can take some time) OK another announcement about the flight. Good News they say. It wasn't a part after-all that they needed it was only some fried wiring and we should be boarding soon! Om-goodness WHAT???? this is good news. We have missed our connecting flight and have been standing in line to get a new one sched. Apparently they had put us on a different flight to Miami but never told us. They did it to most wish families. Hello !!! we never left the area and we was wearing out wishflight t-shirts and our names were never called up and they tried to make it out like it was our fault??? UGH UGH UGH again.
Finally I look at the woman and say I cant handle going on THAT plane my anxiety is up and is there absolutely no straight flights ?? otherwise we would have not flown out till extreme late or not until the next day and it was looking to her like the next day?? ! Um NO OK so she was able to find us a flight with Jet Blue from Orlando straight to Boston and even though we headed out HOURSSS after we originally was suppose to we got into Boston only an hour or so later then original time. Our luggage went elsewhere. We were told by American Airlines in Orlando “you are now jet blue’s problem not ours”
Feel the love? No This is suppose to be Wishflight? I was feeling sort of angry/sad and hurt all in one at this point. I know I should feel grateful. And with Boston I do. Elsewhere atm I am not overly fond of. So we get into Boston !! YAY ground OH OH backing up here for a moment. Since AA transferred us over to Jet blue we had to leave the secure area in order to go check in with jet blue We had 30 mins to get on the opposite side of the airport get tickets from AA over to jet blue and through security. Right. OK My goodness some pixie dust magic happened again! A security guard saw our shirts come right over to us explained that we needed to go back get the AA tickets turned into jet blue and when we was done to come back and find him specifically. Well as god had it he was standing out in the open right near the entrance at this point he spots us and comes right over says follow me. We follow. Mind you lines were LONG very long. He took us over to the employee line. Zip zip rechecked and set to go. If it had not been for this kind gentleman we would have missed that flight as well while standing in line. OK so we land in Boston and luggage is elsewhere so we ask jet blue how we go about getting it since the AA guy in Orlando said we were their problem now. Jet blue in Boston said not their prob because they did not check the luggage go make a claim with AA. OK go over to AA they say no jet blue. We went back and fourth about 5 times before we finally had it. James was paling out at this point Kate wasn’t fairing much better. We have not eaten all day.

I was beyond the point of frustration. We called Both Chris's I know it was not their problem but since we was getting the run around I did not know what to do. The mess was finally sorted after Chris from dream factory of Maine spoke to the gentleman at the AA bag claim. So off to the Hotel we went. OH it felt so good to get there at this point. Ordered food waited up for luggage. As soon as luggage was in off to bed we went The folks at Hampton Inn Logan was so so so wonderful and kind. Such friendly folks. ZzZZzzZZzzzz was such a long day.

Day 9 Friday October 8th 2010 HOME !!

Limo come to pick us up in the morning at the hotel and we was off and on our way home. Little did I know it but I had contracted Strep while on vaca. Great souvenir LOL strep lead to thrush UGH hahaha we must laugh at our luck. Or maybe the fact I jinxed it? I had said before we left that statistically speaking one of us will come down ill on vacation because atypically 1 in 4 folks will do so while on vacation. So here I was fretting over the kiddos making sure they did not open a single door etc so they could avoid the extra germs. HAH I got it! Better me anyday then my kiddos or husband :) but it does make me laugh. So I slept all the way into Portland not knowing I was ill. We swing into Portland to say Hi to Chris and they set it up for us to pick up 2 kitchen chairs that match our table set. Mary Carol was so sweet to do this and we will always cherish them. So with chairs in Limo and us reloaded onto home we go. Oh sweet home ! Pssst I still miss GKTW? I don't suppose I have mentioned this fact have I?

So that is the final chapters on the TR :) and again we have to say !!

WE MISS GKTW

lol It's funny really. When I was in the planning stage of this trip I would have thought that gktw was cute fun place to stay but a bit young for my kids. WOAH i was wrong wrong wrong. It was the best part of our trip hands down. Other part that shocked me is We waited on Magic Kingdom because so many said it was meant for younger ones. LOL we had a blast there it really is magical because thats when the rides really began :)

What a great Trip this was even with the glitches :) so much magic so much pixie dust !

I also need to say THANK YOU !!!!!!! Big Give !!!

You made our trip so fantastic, the excitement leading to the trip, the smiles that happened it's amazing, the items everyone sent came in handy and the one item we did not use was the Ponchos hehehe YAY we had such great weather so we donated them to GKTW as we left.

HUGSSSS and THank you to every one of you and I am so looking forward to being part of the Big Give if I can :D lol even though I am not yet part of it I have been picking up small cute items here and there today I picked up this sooo cute stationary set that had everything from crayons to pads of paper to pencils and markers etc and last week I picked up a cute coloring / activity book all Disney anyways I could really start babbling !!!

Thank You Big Give

Now hopefully these post do not dissappear !! I have been having such a problem with that

What a wonderful TR. So glad you all had fun...even with the small glitches. I don't think Disney is for the little ones. This is why Korissa chose DW for her wish. We had so much fun. Everyone was telling her to go somewhere else, but this is what she wanted.

So...did you bet up that ant that hurt my son? lol... I'm sure going to give my piece when we go back;). Hopefully life will calm down and I will see you more on here. I loved all the pics too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter