JR - Thumbs Up? or Down? What do you hear?

Scoopy, Scoopy, Scoopy...

I thought the smilie would make it clear that I was just messing with you. Guess not.
Well, there was not a smilie in the paragraph I quoted, but if you say its a joke, its a joke. I'll take that to mean you have no problem with quotes, and that my response was deemed by His Scoopness to have so much substance he didn't know how to respond.

Anyways, I don't think your JB2 post did anything to refute anything,
Hmmm, well, care to explain? (Or are you looking to snag Baron's trophy, which he took back from me). You said AV was using a double standard, and not applying free market theories to JB2. I explained how free market theories do point to JB2 being a bad decision, therefore not a double-standard. Where am I off? Or did I mis-read your initial position?

Most of the time DK, myself, or the other posters who you get mad at are just playing around.
Really, nobody here has ever made me mad. I prefer direct speech to begin with, and sometimes speak more directly to you (and use your quotes) because you have a tendency to stray from the line of discussion when your logic is challenged, but I'm sorry if that was mistaken for anger.

No anger towards DK either. Again, just a preference for more direct speech in this medium. I prefer this, particularly when debating a topic, because other aspects of interpersonal communication are not present in this medium, such as facial expression, voice inflexion and body language.

Again, sorry if that's coming across as anger to others...not the intention.

I was there at the last annual passholder party in Disneyland when Mr. Pressler unveiled the ill-fated "Light Tragic" parade. He never forgave the annual passholders for their resounding rejection of that parade, (a very public humiliation) and the near riot that ensued. I remember at the time observing Pressler's red faced huffing around in rage, then storming away backstage with his entourage; and I thought "this guy is way over his head and has no clue how to do his job." I _almost_ started to feel sorry for him. But it seemed from that moment on, Pressler wanted to punish the annual passholders and the park they loved. It seemed Disneyland became the poor stepchild of the Disney theme parks.

As WDWHound said, Cynthia did what she could given the restrictions imposed upon her by Eisner and Pressler, to turn around the park. Granted, she couldn't do much, but what she has accomplished is much appreciated. Does anyone know if she was responsible for the holiday versions of IASM and HM? I'm fairly sure she is responsible for the increased holiday decorations and seasonal foods sold around the park. So, I don't think she's "evil" in the Pressler way of things - "The Man Who Hated the Magic."

I think JR sees the writing on the wall and has noticed the "rot" that is lowering the value of Disneyland park and guest experiences there. Maybe he "gets it" maybe he doesn't. I for one am not ready to hail him as the Disneyland Savior.

Has everyone forgotten that before there was talk of closing the subs, that the submarine ride was not very popular? It was considered by many to be a tired attraction that needed to be updated or replaced. And now everyone is saying "oh goodie, we get that old ride back that nobody wanted to ride!! Oh we are sooo lucky!!!" Talk about lowered expectations.

I do apologize in advance because this sounds so ungrateful, but what about an updated attraction, something new and exciting at Disneyland? Even our new Winnie the Pooh ride is a dumbed down, ultra cheap version of the same attraction in Florida and Tokyo.

Darian

PS Even if Circle Vison comes back as an attraction (which it looks like it will) without a serious update, is that even a good thing?

Originally posted by Testtrack321
I doubt that the subs will ever return.

I have my doubts as well.... But... considering all the money that is being spent as we "speak" on rehabbing the Disneyland Subs:

- nice new maintenance light system
- new show lighting
- new video surveilance system to watch the sub tunnels
- new ventilation and dehumidifier system
- new animatronic control system
- diesel engines being adapted to run CNG
- sub dock rehab

These are just a few of the improvements either already installed or nearing completion. It would seem a terrible waste of money to do all these repairs only to let the ride rot in storage. You are probably right though, Cynthia will spend all that money and then never re-open the ride. Wouldn't that just be typical?

I should have photos of this work ready for posting in a couple days. Once the video system is up and running there won't be anymore interior shots....

Darian

Very little of what you're hearing now is has anything to do with the operation of Disneyland and/or WDW – it's all just corporate politics. Whenever a new régime takes power their first priority is always to discredit the past and to shift all blame for all things backwards. Nothing does that better then by setting up a straw dog from the past and knocking it down with great flair and showmanship.

Cynthia is a "Paul Person" and is an easy focal point for the campaign. The "look at all the closed attractions" is just a straw dog. The fact that Disneyland has been many times more successful in dealing with Burbank's greed than WDW is a fact, but it won't make a difference in the corporate politics. The cry of "reopen the subs!!!!" (when they have no intention of really doing it) is a cheap way of making the past decision look bad and the new people look magnanimous.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter