Journey back to ME!!- I'm getting bugged!!

8/19 - Day 50/322 days (or Less) until GOAL
(OS) - 171 (NS) 175.5 - WW 8/16 - 173.2
I'm going to get to Port of Tampa B4 7/27/08 46.01/1769.56 = 1723.55 to go

activia yogurt/fiber1(2)
pretzel(6)
salsa cheese mustard(1)
ww bar(1)
2 pt turk. sand(2)
crackers/cheese(8)
ww bar(1)
2 pt bar(2)
revival(2)

8/20 - Day 51/322 days (or Less) until GOAL
(OS) - 171 (NS) 175.1 - WW 8/16 - 173.2
I'm going to get to Port of Tampa B4 7/27/08 47.25/1769.56 = 1722.31 to go

kidz clif bar(2) - REALLY GOOD! they have brownie & choc chip!
fiber 1 bar(2)
pb breadsticks(3)
revival(2)
wheat crackers(2)
pasta salad(5)
activia yog(2)
lt ice cream(2)
berries(.5)
ff cool whip(1)
cookies(2)

8/21 - Day 52/322 days (or Less) until GOAL
(OS) - 171.5 (NS) 175.5 - WW 8/16 - 173.2
I'm going to get to Port of Tampa B4 7/27/08 49.4/1769.56 = 1720.16 to go

egg beaters(1)
ff chz(1)
bagel bread(2) - New from thomas - wheat & GOOD!
3 WW bars(3)
panini(7)
pb breadsticks(3)
revival(2)
activia yog/fiber 1(2)

This week has been CRAZY & it's only Tuesday! Calgon, Take me away!!!!

First, the Doctor/stomach...... Woke up Sunday morning feeling totally normal for the first time in a week. Appetite back(as is evident in my eating) After cycle shop(story to come) went to Dr. Wt was 172 in clothes heavier than my WW WI clothes, so I was ok with it. BP was 130/84 which is outstanding for me in a DR. office - I'm typically mid 140's over low 90's - VERY WHITE COAT syndrome. I can actually FEEL my BP raising & my pulse as I pull up & walk in. Have forever. Anyway, DR came in & asked what was wrong. I told him I was better, but had been having stomach problems. He asked me if I wanted to cancel or discuss it. Bottom line is he says I basically had an attack of Acid Reflux for about 24 hrs, re irritated it before it was healed, etc. Pushed, poked, prodded, listened & gave me 15 sample nexium pills to 'take or not', but they were the stronger dosage than he really wanted. Come back if I keep getting this. All in all, good news, but I wasn't overly impressed. Seemed like an OK Dr, but I like my lady better.

Now, I digress......Sunday didn't do much other than a bit of Ebay & the necessities.

Monday morning DH took off work (which he never can seem to when I ask - oh well) to go to the cycle shop. He fully intended to pay sticker price. NOT!! All the way there he was talking about what he would miss from his old bike, complaining about no fairing, etc, but got MAD at me when I suggested maybe he should look some more. If we're spending 7 - 8K on it I wanted him to be sure & be able to ride it almost year round. Got there, & I was left to do everything while he browsed. I ended up getting a price $500 less, so Ok - still $7000, + needed new helmet. 1/2 way thru the process he got upset & was swearing at me. Made my day! They wanted him to pick out any extras so they could finance in - said he didn't need anything. However, this morning, he decided that he won't be able to take his lunch anymore, as he has no saddlebags, etc. to hook his stuff down to. Wonderful - add about $300/month to the payments for lunches! Plus, eating out is NOT good for him! And he needs a backrest/pad, maybe a wind screen, but they only make "really small, useless ones". All of which will EASILY be another $1000 or more! Yesterday he had the GoldWing towed home - $100+ again, until he decided what to do with it - maybe pay the $1000+ to fix it if possible, plus at least 1 more towing charge in hopes of selling for at least the cost to repair. Whatever!!!!!

My finances are really taking a hit between vacation, DS18 graduation, both DS birthdays, needing a new computer, Back to School, Bug breakdown & now cycle stuff. UGH!!!!!! I always stress about taking out of savings, but basic pay just doesn't cover it! Oh well, savings & retirement are overrated anyway! :confused3 Does no good to stress over it, but hard not to.

DS18 started college today. Haven't heard from him since he called before class to let me know he arrived safely on his cycle. I'm hoping I can get some details out of him!

DS21 finally got a paycheck and has his checking back in the positive - at least temporarily. He may even be able to pay me a couple hundred toward his latest part of indebtedness to me. I HOPE!! And, please pray, as there is a CHANCE he may be able to get a promotion which would put him on salary & give him benefits. Since his boss quit a few months ago, corporate had brought in a 20-something female to run the conversions/facilities. She walked in & quit yesterday afternoon. At the time they had said the plan was that she would stay until he was trained, but nothing ever came of it. Hopefully this is his opportunity.

He was off F - Sun and they were filming the movie "love 'n Dancing" at the center where he works. They called workers in as they needed more extras & he got to be one. He was excited as he & a girl were filmed several times walking together in a hallway. Oh boy!

DD is doing OK with school so far. Just tired all the time as she's not used to it. Working 4 - 7 4 days and then on Saturdays.

DS18 just pulled in, so I'll finish up tomorrow.

Thanks for checking on me & caring!!!!

Hi Julie, So glad your stomach woes appear to be under control. Sounds like the doctor was sort of business only type! I really in all prefer female doctors. Thats great about your blood pressure, maybe all your good work is paying off white coat syndrome or not! Hope ds had a good first day at college, they grow up so fast! Hope your dh gets the bike thing settled without breaking the bank. Hang in there, hopefully your schedule will settle down and you can get some Julie Time in! And great BIG PRAYER that ds gets that promotion. Really will keep my fingers crossed for that for you and for him. Glad you are feeling better, your food looks great btw!

8/22 - Day 53/322 days (or Less) until GOAL
(OS) - 171 (NS) 174.2 - WW 8/16 - 173.2
I'm going to get to Port of Tampa B4 7/27/08 50.2/1769.56 = 1719.54 to go

sfast(3)
Keva juice(5)
revival bar(5)
yog/fib1(2)
crkrs/chz(4)
sfast(3)
fib1 bar(2)
turkey(2)

8/23 - Day 54/322 days (or Less) until GOAL
(OS) - 169.5 (NS) 172.4 - WW 8/23 - 172
I'm going to get to Port of Tampa B4 7/27/08 52.3/1769.56 = 1717.26 to go

2 pt turkey sand(2)
keva juice(5)
ww meal(5)

Aside from complaining that his back hurts from all the stuff he lugs around DS18 said 1st day was OK. He Hates English, has a class of about 20, but at least got a young, male grad asst. teaching it.

This week is flying by & I'm not seeming to get anything done. Last night DD's friend who is a royal PITA stayed over again. Parents don't ask, just send her in saying they're going out of town on business & she can be taken home next day after school. Old Money, Dumb as nails, think they run the world. UGH!!!!!

I didn't win Powerball last night.....boo hoo!!! We should have a WISH pool for Saturday. We could take one heck of a Disney Vacation together if we won!!

Went to WI, but missed the meeting as I spent 1/2 of it trying to find my stuff. Yes, it's that bad around here!!!! Down 1.2 - I'll take it! Creeping closer to my before cruise/summer weight. I want it GONE!!!!!

Stomach still seems ok. I tried to eat a chip on Tuesday & just the thought turned my stomach. maybe this was a good thing!!

Off to try to regain part of my bedroom.

Journals later!

have a good Wednesday, all!!

Julie, congrats on the loss! You are really doing well, that must feel very good to have your weight getting back down again. That is really nervey of those people to send their daughter over to your house. Some people just kill me. Sounds like ds18 is adjusting to college. When will your other ds find out about the promotion? Keeping fingers crossed! Just remember your Wish buddies if you win the powerball! I like the idea of pooling for an ulitmate Disney vacation!!

Great job on your weight loss, Julie!:cheer2: I'm glad to hear that your stomach is feeling better too.:goodvibes

I can't believe that your DD's friend's parents just send her over without asking you first!:eek: :sad2: Some people have a lot of nerve!:mad:

Hope your DD and DS18 have a great school year and that your DS21 gets that promotion.:goodvibes

That would be great to win the Powerball! Can you imagine the WISH meet we could have in WDW with that kind of money?:cloud9:

Have a great weekend, WISH sis!:hug:

Yeah Julie!

Good job on the WI. With your hectic schedule, that is great!

It is amazing what some parents just assume. I know, My mom was one of them. It used to drive me nuts as a teenager, and now, it is even as fustrating. I am SO the opposite. I don't even assume my mother in law will sit for us. It just isn't her job.

Hope the tummy is ok, and that the family is going in all the right directions!

Wendy

Hi Julie,

Hope you had a good weekend this weekend. :goodvibes Did you get some time just for you?

Have a great week ahead!:hug:

Hi Julie
Glad the stomach problem seems to be ok.
Congrats on the loss :) every cloud has a silver lining eh!
Keeping my fingers crossed for DS 21 promotion (& the powerball win ;))
take care

Hello Julie

Hope September is quiet for you!

Take care

Wendy

thanks, all, for keeping me on page 1.

I've been absent, but not forgotten about y'all. Just busy, busy, busy and quite depressed. I've really had the blues. DS21, hormones, DH, hormones, etc..... and to top it off, DD informed me that our trip to FL was OFF as she has All-State choir auditions sometime 10/23 - 25. We were to leave on 10/24. I checked air & it would more than have doubled our flight cost to change to the 25. So, I've basically spent the last almost 2 weeks eating & doing absolutely nothing. Lack of sleep only made it worse.

However....... God sometimes makes things look really bad to make them all better!

I spent MANY HOURS poring over train schedules/costs, air schedules/costs, even considered DRIVING. Then on FRiday I got the email from SWA that said if you book online & fly 2 long distance R/T, you get 1 free. Searched again, still nothing affordable. Saturday I was talking to DNiece1 in FL & told her our trip was off. Cried. I hung up the phone & literally in less than a minute I hear "DING". Air from ABQ to Orlando slightly CHEAPER than I had originally booked. Started checking dates & the final outcome is that I'm not coming to FL 1x in October, I'm going TWICE!!!!!! :dance3: :cheer2: :cool1: :banana:

OMG!! I forgot the best part!! DD & I by going 10/5 - 9 & 10/26 - 29 will each get a FREE ROUNDTRIP ticket anywhere SW Flies - so the July CRUISE airfare will be FREE for us!!! And I have enough points for at least 1 more free R/T, possibly 2, so all 4 of us may be able to go FREE!! Basically we're getting 6 R/T tickets to FL from ABQ for about $125 each!!!

DD is off school 10/8-9, so we are leaving on 10/5 - she'll miss afternoon - and returning on 10/9. We will get to be there for both of the babies birthdays! 1 will be 2, 1 will be 1.

Then, she is off 10/25-26, but may still have to audition for All-State Choir - they won't be given day/time until the week before. We leave on 10/26 at 2:35 and arrive Orlando at 7:55 p.m. I'll pick up rental car & Will go to my DSis in Lakeland for the night. Back to Orlando on Saturday. At present I have reservations at the Holiday Inn on I-Drive as they came out with hotels all over US/Canada that have a limited # of 5000 reward points/night. So, hotel will be FREE. Can't beat that price! DD & I will fly back on Monday, so will have all day Sunday in Orlando.

Anyway, I need a CRASH course in DISNEY! I don't think DD & I will go to any parks, but not sure about anything else.

didn't make WI last week - & won't this week as DD has a Dr. appt - fighting allergies/sinus infection & that is the soonest she can get in. Oh well.....

I'm 100% positive my weight is UP. but won't weigh til nearer WI next week. Time to get back to life.

In the meantime, I'm now doing double-time trying to get EBAY going. late starting & I have tons of fall/winter that must GO. Since I'll be gone part of Oct, & I need to be basically done before Thanksgiving, I'm really having to push it.

Anyway....off to take DS21 to dentist - hopefully he just lost a filling, didn't really break the tooth!

More later......

Julie -- sorry I haven't been around much. But I have been thinking of my WISH friends and hoping everyone has been well,and as always, worried thta you were wiping yourself out. Congrats on the loss and I am glad you are feeling better. So glad to know we'll finally get to meet at ToT! :hug:

Hi Julie
Great news for the Florida trips :)
So glad it all worked out in the end!
Have a great week & take care & take it easy & look after yourself ;)

Great news about your Florida trips, Julie!:thumbsup2

I'm sorry to hear that things have been rough for you. :( Please know that we'll be keeping you in our prayers.:hug:

Hope you have a great Wednesday!:goodvibes

Things so often have a way of working out ;) I'm so excited for you and the FL tripS! PLus the ToT...I'm very jealous :lamo:

I hope that today is going well!

Hi Julie,

You and dd could always just check out Downtown Disney and maybe ride the monorail around. Anyone can do that, you don't need a ticket. And that way you could check out the monorail resorts and even see Magic Kingdom from afar. But it would be great if you could do a park... Of course this is from a Disney addicted woman like myself! In any case, that is great news about your two trips and possibly getting all that free airfare for your July cruise. Don't worry about the scale, you have had a lot going on lately. Do the best you can which is sometimes all any of us can ask or do!

Hope you are having a nice weekend and that you get some time for yourself!!

Hi Julie

I agree with Ann. DO the monarail, hit downtown disney, or even the boardwalk.Just walk around and absorbed the sites. If you hit the boardwalk hotel at the right time, you will see a bit of Illuminations. DD and I had dinner at one of the restaurants there, I think it was the one near Jelly Rolls, and we ate outside and saw some of the fireworks. Cool.

Hope your week is mellow, and your weekend even mellower!

Take care

Wendy

Ok, MAYBE I'll have time to finish a post....... & hopefully it won't crash!!

Basically I've been off here for 3.5 weeks, off plan, out of sync, depressed, lazy, eating everything in sight, & stressed. (Sounds almost normal for me, huh???)

Weighed in on 8/23 & got lazy. Ate too much 8/23 - 25. Never have made it back to the gym except for 1 time since the trip. It's been too hot here to be outside (especially when you combine it with near constant hot flashes & night sweats), so I haven't even been getting much walking in. Even DD15 has gained weight!

Didn't make weigh in on 8/30 - DS21 had issues w/ car. Didn't make WI on 9/6 as I had to take DD to the Dr.(more later, she's still sick) Didn't make WI on 8/13 due to more DD Dr. issues. won't make it this week as Dd has another appt.

And, no meeting, depressed, anxious, feeling like @#!$ has given me free reign to eat - and I can SEE the fat piling on - really!!! makes me more depressed, makes me eat......you know the cycle...... It MUST STOP!!!!!

Now, to backtrack w/ details. DD started in about 8/23 with a sore throat. Still no better so I took her in on 8/6. Thought it was viral- did strep test - neg, maybe w/ allergies, put her on 875 mg augmentin. Doing no good. Took her back for blood work on 8/13 - perfectly normal. Still sick, tonsils big, lethargic, headache, stomach icky, etc. Said to give it another week & come back in. That will be a MONTH & she's miserable.

Then, she missed all day on 9/6 as I kept her out after Dr. & she slept an extra 5+ hours. 9/7 I'm at my computer & start hearing sirens.....LOTS of sirens. Bomb threat at the HS. She called & said it was chaos. Principal didn't follow the set protocol, teachers didn't know what was going on. The HS is designed with a center large courtyard among 7 large buildings & only ONE way out of the courtyard through a set of 3 double doors. 3200+ students in a school designed to handle 2200. Mass chaos, running, screaming people being stomped, teachers hiding behind brick planters, etc. Got everyone into the stadium where they sat for 3.5 hours in the hot sun on concrete. Then they let them back in the building where more chaos as students had called home, parents had called in to have them dismissed & crashed the phone system for the entire district.

I had planned to get DD out at 11 to rest & when I arrived about 11:30 due to the problem, it took me over an hour to get up to the desk to ask them to release her and another to get her out.

Monday morning, they didn't even make it into 1st block class before it happened again. This time only 1.5 hours as they ONLY CHECKED the ADMINISTRATION building!!!! Again, over 1/2 the students, DD included came home. Then Monday afternoon, evening, a 'plan' erupted on My Space, text messages, phone messages, etc about a shooting/bomb at the school on 9/11. So, on 9/11 more than 2/3 of the students were kept home.

The big problem is that no one takes it seriously here. DD went the morning of 9/11 and 5 min before class to start they had still not even turned on lights in her academy. Halls were mostly empty & the only admin/staff she saw was laughing over how ridiculous people were to take it seriously.

Let's see, ONE way in & out of this complex. Some of the buildings have only 1 set of doors out, windows don't open & no way out of the upstairs, they evacuate everyone into the stadium with has a brush covered hill that overlooks it that has no security. Hmmmmmm..... no cause for concern there.

The first day I picked her up the lady in line behind me was married to an FBI agent & he had gone directly to the school district office to file a complaint as in her words he said they were all 'sitting ducks' & that any teen with an attitude & a gun could EASILY pick them off in the stadium. Wonderful!!!!!

And then the homework came............. TONS & TONS of make up work.

In the interim, we kept having connectivity problems & I can't seem to get on the computer most of the time. When I've been able it's to frantically do ebay as my house is being overrun & I'm running out of time.

cont'd in next post as I don't want to crash this.......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter