Journal Book Questions

Discussion in 'Creative DISigns' started by ShanF, Sep 8, 2010.

1. ShanF

ShanF Mouseketeer

Hi! I am making some things for my girlfriends daughter for her upcoming birthday for their trip. I am working on a journal book and have never done one for my own kids ( i will this trip ) so i have a few questions.
    I really like natalie's 2010 journal pages and i am thinking of uploading them to shutterfly, etc and have it printed like that. I have read thru most of the threads to get ideas, tips. I typically use shutterfly but they don't have a 8x11 portrait (only landscape) - i did see winkflash does, so i may use that site.
    those of you that have made books - did you upload them to sites and do it that way or did you print your own? i also love dolly's word doc with all the pages together that is wonderful too. Also, did you use all the pages, that would be a BIG book? any tips of advice anyone has would be so much appreciated. I just want to make her a great book for her to write down her memories. thanks so much for your help and advice!!
    shannon :-)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. MickeyMommaof2

MickeyMommaof2 Earning My Ears

I printed one for my son with winkflash.. I have only good things to say about it.. It took maybe a week to get here and it looks fantastic.. I really can't get over how well it came out. It is 8x11 portrait.. I really look forward to ordering more things from them. If i knew how to post pictures I would they are really nice..

4. jtanddolly

jtanddolly DIS Veteran

You can not post pictures directly to a post. Here is what you can do to show off your great t-shirts and items that you made:

• Get a free photobucket account at www.photobucket.com.
    • Then upload your pictures to there.
    • Once they are uploaded click on the "share" button just above the picture.
    • Then click on the "get link code" button.
    • Finally, click once on the IMG code then righT click to copy and paste it into this thread.
    • Then your pictures will show up when you want to post them.

5. ShanF

ShanF Mouseketeer

i would love to see pictures - that would be great!!
    if you can't figure out how to post them (although i know there are many others who would love too see them too), if you wouldn't mind you can email me if that's easier for you slposch@yahoo.com

i am looking forward to see them~

thanks again!

6. stormer

stormer DIS Veteran

I made my boys journals for our trip in August. I used Natalie's pages. I uploaded them to Winkflash and had them printed as an 8 x 11 portait book. They were the only place I could find that printed portrait books. They came great. The kids loved them. I would definately reccommend using them. Here are some photos of the inside pages:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are the covers:
    [​IMG]

and these are the backs using one of Kelly's designs:
    [​IMG]

7. ShanF

ShanF Mouseketeer

Thanks Stormer for posting those!! Love them!!! how many pages are in your book? i need to tell myself i don't need to use EVERY page LOL

Thanks!!

8. stormer

stormer DIS Veteran

I think I put about about 30 pages in each book. I picked a general page for each park, their favorite rides, and then other misc. stuff like Club Cool, pin trading, etc. I love how they turned out.