Josh and three crazy women go to Disney 1/18 -1/22- Planning and Pre Trip

joshua4

DIS Veteran
Cast: me- 34 (crazy trip planning mom)
Josh - DS, 4.5 years old. Hasn't been anywhere in WDW except AK when he was 2.
My mom (crazy, trip planning grandma)
Rachael - 25 (my younger sister, hip, single, graphic artist who works for a .com and needs a long weekend break)

Trip dates: Jan 18 through 22

So, it all started a month or so ago when Chicago was getting hit with yet another blizzard. Remember that song that goes "I have to get out of this place, if its the last thing I ever do"? Well, I was hearing it in my head as I looked at the giant mounds of snow that were accumulating. So, I did a few searches on the internet and made a few calls to my corporate travel department and got some amazing fares to Florida. January is my husband's busy season, so unfortunately he couldn't make it this trip (besides he really only tolerates my love of Disney) SO I plotted to bring my mom and sister along. I called DC, got a membership, called CRO and got rooms at AS Sports (who needs a fancy room if you are with your mom, sister and four year old?). With my discount, the room was only $70. (well, ok, a little more with tax and the extra adult charge) I then got my 4 day hopper passes with my DC discount. Things were going rather smoothly.

Now, how to tell my son? Hanukkah was only a day or so away. Each night of Hanukkah we do a big treasure hunt where Josh follows clues to find his gift. On the second night of Hanukkah, his last clue was to "Look for Mickey in the laundry room" Sure enough, there in the dryer was a Hanukkah Mickey beanie (Mickey holding a menorah), a wrapped mickey sweatshirt and a letter from Mickey. Mickey told Josh he had a restaurant and could Josh come for dinner? Josh was so excited. In the past month, Josh has gotten letters from all of the characters (Pooh, Buzz, Donald, etc) telling him what there was to do in WDW and counting down the days until the big trip. Josh has responded by dictating letters back to Mickey telling Mickey how many days it will be until Josh arrives in Florida.

We leave tomorrow and Josh will wake up to find a bag of treats from Mickey with a note telling him that it is finally the big day. The bag will have a mickey sticker book and activity book and random other things to amuse Josh on the plane. He is already so excited today that he is ready to explode.

Anyway, thanks to these wonderful boards, I have learned so much, I feel really prepared for the trip. I even have an extra rain poncho to cover the stroller when it rains on Saturday.

Will file a full trip report when we get back. Thanks again to everyone for all of your wonderful advice and tips over the past month!

I've heard the news reports on the exteme weather you all have gotten! I am sure in comparision Fl will feel like a Sauna! Will look for your report and hope you have a great time!

Can't wait to see what awaits you at the world...looking forward to the rest of your report!!

<font color="008080">Tricia</font>
tarzanjane3.GIF

<font face=Tahoma>Co-Moderator Restaurant Boardhttp://wdwinfo.infopop.net/OpenTopic/page?q=Y&a=frm&s=40009993&f=49309088
Co-Moderator Trip Reports Board
Co-Host Instructional Chat with Snuggles and Nativetxn
Co-Host Wed Night Chat with Mac-key Mouse and Dee</font>

How exciting! I cant wait to hear about your trip. Pre trip reports are great because you get to experience the excitement with the author. Dont forget to write a report when you get home.

hipgrl1.gif

<FONT COLOR=Red> Co-Chat Mistress</font>
<FONT COLOR=Red>Instructional Chat Co-Host
</FONT>
<font color=Blue> Co-Moderator Trip Reports Board</font>
<font color=green>
<font color=FF00CC>Co-Moderator Theme Parks, Attractions and Strategies
http://www.wdwinfo.com/merchandise/index.shtml</font>

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!