JonBenet Ramsey - a question for those who follow this story

On the Burke thing, I don't actually think not waking him up is a big deal. They went in saw he was safe and went about looking for JonBenet and making the call. I'll never forget the night my mom died when I was only 12. Most of my family thought I was still asleep when she finally passed but actually everyone's cries woke me up. I wasn't ready to face reality so acted like I was still sleeping because my grandma was stroking my hair and just making me feel loved. I distinctly remember my grandma who was comforting me as I slept telling my dad not to wake me just let me live in a world a little longer where my mama was still alive. I could see the Ramsay's thinking something similar. Why wake Burke and make he face this cruel reality that his sister was kidnapped? Just let him sleep a little longer in a world where things like that don't happen. If we are to believe Burke he did the same thing I did even though I was older. I faked being asleep so I didn't have to face what was going on and Burke did too.

I can't read this without offering a hug. Such a painful experience for a child, well, for anyone really, but thinking of a child just touches my heart deeply.

I can't read this without offering a hug. Such a painful experience for a child, well, for anyone really, but thinking of a child just touches my heart deeply.

Thank you. I only shared to show a real situation that makes it more believable that his parents wouldn't have woke him. Of course things are a little different but still. It seems people focus on what they believe they would have done like waking Burke but really if he was asleep and they knew he was okay why not just let him sleep.
No need to drag a 9 year old into the chaos.

Back to the case the friend just rubbed me the wrong way. Why would this lady continue for years to go to any one of these discovery t.v. shows even after the Ramsay's asked her not to. Seems like she is kind of bitter that the friends pushed her out. I would have to imagine more would come forward especially now that Patsy is gone and the family doesn't live in CO if what she shared was common knowledge in their friend group. She didn't even come off as being Patsy's bff or anything just in the large circle of socialites.

It's the way you present them that makes them sound like the theories of the internet.
You stated things in skewed way. That's fine but own that. Don't make it seem like your just objectively starting facts.
Also, Patsy didnt wear a dress the night before before. Yes, she had on the same clothes.
Burke being on the 911 call is just speculation. Nobody was really proven that to be true. It's hardly a fact.
The Ramseys were told very early on that they being targeted as suspected. They knew the police were out to get them. The police even leaked false information to the media and going on tv making veiled but obvious statements about the Ramseys. . So yeah, the weren't exactly helpful to the police
Yes not waking up Burke seems weird but it's less weird when you consider it was before 6am. Burke was up and sent off with family friends very early, 7 I think. It's not like they were pretending he was sleeping and hiding him in his room all morning.

I agree with you.

As for the note, if the killer broke in while they were gone and was hiding in the basement they didn't have to worry about being caught.

And I've never heard anything about them not cooperating with police before her body was found.

I agree with you.

As for the note, if the killer broke in while they were gone and was hiding in the basement they didn't have to worry about being caught.

And I've never heard anything about them not cooperating with police before her body was found.

It always seemed like they were pretty cooperative until the Police started making it their mission to pin the murder on someone in the family. I would imagine any family would close ranks. Especially once they started leaking fake information to the media and illegally interviewed their son.

Back to the case the friend just rubbed me the wrong way. Why would this lady continue for years to go to any one of these discovery t.v. shows even after the Ramsay's asked her not to. Seems like she is kind of bitter that the friends pushed her out. I would have to imagine more would come forward especially now that Patsy is gone and the family doesn't live in CO if what she shared was common knowledge in their friend group. She didn't even come off as being Patsy's bff or anything just in the large circle of socialites.

Just out of curiosity, as I only watched the Dateline one and Dr. Phil, which friend was this? Do you remember her name?

It always seemed like they were pretty cooperative until the Police started making it their mission to pin the murder on someone in the family. I would imagine any family would close ranks. Especially once they started leaking fake information to the media and illegally interviewed their son.

The usual example given is with the Detective who was on the scene. She was severely in over her head in terms of knowing what to do and getting very little support. By mid-morning there were a crowd of people in the house and it was her and one police officer stationed by the front door. She couldn't keep everybody contained and kept calling for more help, but it wasn't arriving. By the time the phone call time period had elapsed John Ramsey was becoming very tense and agitated and pacing around. She had already lost track of him for a period of time once before. The FBI who was on route to Boulder recommend that she take him and one of his friends and "keep him busy" searching the house Top to Bottom. I suspect the FBI was under the impression that the house had already been well searched. Patsy was hysterical and surrounded by a group of her friends and pretty much not moving from her couch in one of the front rooms so it was thought that keeping John Ramsey under control was the priority.

She claims she told John Ramsey to search the house with her "Top to Bottom" and he instead took off for the basement (he went to the bottom instead of the top the way she instructed) with his friend, without her. Again, untrained and way beyond her skill set she apparently just let him go. Her career was pretty much tanked from this event. She is the weird one with the "counting all my bullets" quote but I personally don't think everything that happened was all her fault. She got thrown into the fire by people who should have known she was undertrained and didn't have the tools or experience and she burned.

Next was after the body was found. The Police tried to get the Ramseys to go with them to a nearby hotel, hoping to separate them and begin interviews. This was the time period where John Ramsey was overheard making a phone call trying to arrange flights to Atlanta. The Ramseys refused to accompany the police to a nearby hotel, and instead went to one of their friend's houses. Patsy was soon heavily medicated by a family Doctor, who also refused to let them interview her. John Ramsey did speak with them briefly, but not the at the hotel solo interrogation the police were hoping for. Over the next couple of days they had engaged lawyers and it was nearly impossible for the police to speak with the family, which also has differing events based on which side is telling it.

Pretty light in terms of not co-operating but everybody tends to view this stuff through their own lens.

Thank you! Just read it and, oh brother! Yep, sounds like she just wants in the spotlight. I don't remember hearing of her before now. :confused3

This is her husband http://www.tommillerlaw.com/jonbenet-ramsey/

That seems like a bizarre thing to have on his professional website. Actuall his whole website is odd. Maybe I'm weird but I wouldn't be hiring a lawyer who has a section on his website for his poetry.

That seems like a bizarre thing to have on his professional website. Actuall his whole website is odd. Maybe I'm weird but I wouldn't be hiring a lawyer who has a section on his website for his poetry.

How is that not slander? He is tarnishing their name and oddly using a child's unsolved murder to make him sound better.

The CBS show got even worse when I started researching the experts. The guy who said it had to be the flashlight is a professional "expert" and has gotten in trouble several times for fraud. How can they take him seriously with a past like that?

Wow...yeah, I'd say he and wifey dearest are hungry for a little attention. I could never take either of them seriously after seeing that. I wouldn't want a lawyer who is trying to be in the middle of something like this. How could you trust him to remain confidentiality after that?

Wait, that lawyer and his wife were friends with the Ramsey's? What an odd thing to put on your website, its definitely like they are trying to cash in on Jonbenet's murder.

Wait, that lawyer and his wife were friends with the Ramsey's? What an odd thing to put on your website, its definitely like they are trying to cash in on Jonbenet's murder.

Wife was friends with the Ramsey's but not married to laywer when JB was killed. Friend met lawyer when he was working on the case as a handwriting expert. So even more bizarre imho.

Last edited:
Wife was friends with the lawyer but not married to him when JB was killed. Friend met lawyer when he was working on the case as a handwriting expert. So even more bizarre imho.

Oh, okay, it does seem bizarre. He "confirms the truth" that Patsy wrote the letter and she claims that Patsy told her Burke hit Jonbenet with the golf club because he was angry. These two are real pieces of work.

Oh, okay, it does seem bizarre. He "confirms the truth" that Patsy wrote the letter and she claims that Patsy told her Burke hit Jonbenet with the golf club because he was angry. These two are real pieces of work.

Handwriting analysis is a subjective, and much debated in the legal arena, area of expertise. Often they are not granted expert witness status by courts and their reports and work product are not admitted.

I know she apparently sold a bunch of her photography and went on all the talk shows ... and is now doing it again at the Anniversary rehash. But it sure doesn't seem like the Ramsey's didn't want to be her friend anymore just because she talked to the police. She really seems like a slimey opportunist from some of her actions. ick.

I know she apparently sold a bunch of her photography and went on all the talk shows ... and is now doing it again at the Anniversary rehash. But it sure doesn't seem like the Ramsey's didn't want to be her friend anymore just because she talked to the police. She really seems like a slimey opportunist from some of her actions. ick.
I was just about to post that I read she sold a bunch of family pictures she took of the Ramseys to the tabloids. I wonder why they wouldn't want to be her friend? :rolleyes:

Had to clarify she met him through the JB case she was married to someone else when she was friends of the Ramsey's and that is how she met Patsy and John.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter