Jon and Kate Plus 8 Official Thread - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me, or does this not sound terribly professional, especially coming from a top NYC firm?

"Stephanie Santoro is a babysitter that he hired, she has a kid of her own," the rep said. "[Jon] thought she was good with children so he hired her for help. He is not dating her. She's helping him. He is dating Hailey Glassman."

That really does sound unprofessional. Sounds like a friend could've released that information for him...."Like, Stephanie is just a babysitter he hired, dude, she has a kid of her own man. Jon thought she was good with children so he hired her for help. Dude, he is not dating her. She's helping him. He's dating Hailey Glassman."

I wonder how much Jon is paying for that top NYC firm? Madge, you or Doris could've released a better, more professional statement. :laughing:

almost sounds like Jon, with help, wrote it. and you know what? it wouldn't surprise me. they scribble something out at the kitchen table and run it down to the fence. :lmao:

Is that how we pick babysitters these days? You see a girl with a kid, and think she might be good with children?

I don't know what to say.....except now I have another reason to worry for those kids.:confused: They are both to blame (again) for that. Inexcusable.

I get the impression that Jon's not lying about this being the real him. I think that this is probably the Jon that Kate fell in love with, and then immediately set about changing. She took a young party boy who she was very much in love with, and turned him into a young father with a gaggle of children, complete with computer job. I think she genuinely thought they both wanted those things. Obviously he never really completely took to it, because he could never hold down the computer job(s).

I get the impression he tried to be that for her for a long time, and then when there was no love left in the marriage, he reverted to the young party boy again. Except, he's not as young any more, and now it just makes him look like a fool.

I think they've both acted like children, or spiteful adults. They both need to grow up and take the high road. The marriage is over, but I do think that they both love the children. They need to learn to work together for them. People change. She's changed, and now so has he. They don't have to like the changes the other has made, and clearly they don't, but they do have to put on their big boy/girl panties and deal with the situation they've created. Oh, and not dealing with it in front of cameras for the public would be a nice step!

Perhaps you see me as a fan of Jon's because I'm not supporting Kate. I have pointed out ALL of the things I thought he did wrong, including twice saying he should have kept his mouth shut re the police thing the other day.
No, that isn't why I think it, but hey, we all have our own opinions on who we sympathize with and what we believe. It's nothign personal, it's just how I see it.
As for all of the things he's been accused of, I'm just not one to believe every tabloid story written about somebody -- so in my eyes, they're not enough to determine my opinion of somebody.
What I've seen in the tabloids has certainly colored my eyes toward Jon. Not all, maybe not even a lot, but enough, so yes, for me, they have determined my opinion of Jon, just like, if they had the same type of pictures (partying, smoking, drinking and with young chicks) they would if they were of Kate (but with young guys). I happen to think that because you dislike Kate so much, you are more forgiving of what you see Jon do, just like you think the oposite of me. Until the pics of Kate come out doing the same, I'll just hold onto this opinion .
As for saying the tabloid articles being the equivalent of him talking about matters which would better be left private eg. the kids' reactions to the divorce, I just don't think it's the same at all..
I do think what shows up in the tabloids should have been kept private (Jon with the young chicks, in bars, etc.). If it was, Kate wouldn't have much to talk about, the kids wouldn't see their dad on the covers with bimbo's and everyone would be better off.

Well written, and I agree :thumbsup2

I get the impression that Jon's not lying about this being the real him. I think that this is probably the Jon that Kate fell in love with, and then immediately set about changing. She took a young party boy who she was very much in love with, and turned him into a young father with a gaggle of children, complete with computer job. I think she genuinely thought they both wanted those things. Obviously he never really completely took to it, because he could never hold down the computer job(s).

I get the impression he tried to be that for her for a long time, and then when there was no love left in the marriage, he reverted to the young party boy again. Except, he's not as young any more, and now it just makes him look like a fool.

I think they've both acted like children, or spiteful adults. They both need to grow up and take the high road. The marriage is over, but I do think that they both love the children. They need to learn to work together for them. People change. She's changed, and now so has he. They don't have to like the changes the other has made, and clearly they don't, but they do have to put on their big boy/girl panties and deal with the situation they've created. Oh, and not dealing with it in front of cameras for the public would be a nice step!

What is the popcorn for? We actually get along pretty good on this thread. We may agree, but we settle down pretty quick when we have to!
We've finished over 5 threads..congrats everyone on staying so civil (give or take LOL).

It was supposed to be a funny, ha ha. You know, what could possibly be next for J&K? And, it was just a silly way to subscribe to the thread on page 2. Yes, congrats to everyone for staying so civil.

I meant we may not agree.

Do you know you can go up above to the tools and subscribe?

It was supposed to be a funny, ha ha. You know, what could possibly be next for J&K? And, it was just a silly way to subscribe to the thread on page 2. Yes, congrats to everyone for staying so civil.

well said!

I completely agree with you. Kate was very much in love with Jon (maybe she likes the bad boys!) and then did try to settle him down. He was probably more malleable in the beginning since he loved Kate but as time wore on, he wore himself out trying to be someone he wasn't. Still though, he pity party attitude is very immature...he's lost his 20's because he was married with 8 kids. That's life, his life that he chose too. But you're right, they both (for the sake of their kids) need to put aside their dislike for each other and find a way to deal with this mess. Otherwise, the kids are going to really suffer and it could potentially harm their (the kids) future relationships with their own spouses. I've said it before and I'll say it again. J&K have the power to make this as painless as possible for the kids. THAT should be their focus, not who can make the other one look worse or make crazy.

:thumbsup2 I also agree.

And I have to wonder...J&K seemed to have "love at first sight". Makes me wonder if they really *knew* each other well enough to marry. She may have not known the extent of things with him nor he with her. I think their growing up years were so different that it made a pretty big impact on them for their marriage. It all makes me even wonder about the religious part too. I don't know but there was an awful lot of pretend going on for them and reality seems to have hit hard.

Now, I must go furniture shopping. I wish I could get kate's people to go do this horrible job for me. I'd make a good diva. I'd have y'all going on thread # 8 instead of 6 by now!!! ;):lmao:

We actually get along pretty good on this thread. We may agree, but we settle down pretty quick when we have to!
We've finished over 5 threads..congrats everyone on staying so civil (give or take LOL).

We do all get along like our own disfunctional family! :rotfl: Great job everyone! Looking forward to another great thread!!!

I hope she's not an informant, especially in the manner you're describing. I think that Mady has always seemed closer to Kate than Jon, based on what we've seen on the show. So it wouldn't be a shock to me to learn that Mady is the one calling Kate.

I hope none of the kids are in that role. If they're calling Mommy and mention something that's one thing. I just hope the behaviour isn't being rewarded or punished on either side. The kids need to be able to talk and not worry about what they're saying and who they might make mad.

I thought I'd read somewhere that Kate was calling to check on the kids or who was watching them and that's how she found out who was there. Now where I read it I don't recall...an article from the last thread since that's where I found the info. It also didn't say (or I don't recall) who Kate was calling to ask who was there with them....I hope she wasn't calling the kids to ask.

Looks like Jon's PR firm has chosen the Stephanie Santoro issue as the battle to fight this week:
http://www.sawfnews.com/Gossip/59355.aspx

ie. Jon's rep is quoted as saying Jon is not dating the babysitter

I think it's a little late for his "people" to try and do damage control isn't it???

Is it just me, or does this not sound terribly professional, especially coming from a top NYC firm?

"Stephanie Santoro is a babysitter that he hired, she has a kid of her own," the rep said. "[Jon] thought she was good with children so he hired her for help. He is not dating her. She's helping him. He is dating Hailey Glassman."

That's a terribly written "statement". Did he learn she was good with kids at the bar pouring shots or when she was there for her sleep over?

almost sounds like Jon, with help, wrote it. and you know what? it wouldn't surprise me. they scribble something out at the kitchen table and run it down to the fence. :lmao:

The bolded part: :rotfl2::lmao: Thanks! I needed that today!

That really does sound unprofessional. Sounds like a friend could've released that information for him...."Like, Stephanie is just a babysitter he hired, dude, she has a kid of her own man. Jon thought she was good with children so he hired her for help. Dude, he is not dating her. She's helping him. He's dating Hailey Glassman."

I wonder how much Jon is paying for that top NYC firm? Madge, you or Doris could've released a better, more professional statement. :laughing:

:rotfl: Yes - maybe it was the bouncer from the night club where she used to work and Jon was hanging out with Hailey.... (sorry I'm snarky today!)

Jon's wasting money for sure! I think we've proven that we can help both Jon and Kate and we'd probably take a lot less than what they're paying the fancy companies! :surfweb:

Alright...back from school uniform shopping. I wish they'd send home the right info so I didn't have to do this twice! Now to clean out the house for the garage sale in two weeks and try to talk myself out of having a break down when I drop my baby off at school for his first day on Monday! I had a couple of tears at the meeting with his teacher so distract me with lots of good J&K drama so I've got something else to think about this weekend! :flower3:

OMG! That is terrible. :rotfl: A top PR firm should not be using kid in place of child ever.

I'm waiting for pictures from this weekend. Can't wait to see where Jon is out partying and with who or should that be whom?

On a talk radio show on xm radio, a host was suggesting that anytime any tv station shows an ad for jk8, mentions jk8, shows the show jk8, viewers should change the channel and then email the station telling them what they did and that they will keep doing it as long as jk8 ads or info or shows are continued. He stated that if enough people do this, the tv stations will get the message and something will happen about the show very, very quickly.

I thought that was an interesting concept. A lot of listeners who called in supported his idea and even suggested boycotting the magazines they are in and emailing the magazines as well!

I'm thinking it's possible that we may see a new TLC blog on the J&K site soon....the "leave your thoughts" has been up there for a couple of months now.....wonder what they'll address - the Wyoming trip??

I hadn't seen the "get to know the gosselins" on the bottom of the J&K page.....Jon's "description" made me laught and I think it needs to be updated (it won't copy and paste here for me!).

http://tlc.discovery.com/tv/jon-and-kate/gosselins.html

ETA: there are some cute pictures of the kids!! On Kate's page, her teeth look crazy. I thought she'd had them fixed when they whitened them???

Originally Posted by lilybrooke14

Fantastic post! :thumbsup2

Can't help but thinking. Ratings are dropping so lets have a big brew ha ha and get us all over the tabloids.

I decided to read the article (and there goes 5 more minutes of my life down the drain) and I agree with a pp who said it was dumb. It's all about Jon! She really doesn't know how she got where she is?! Maybe she needs to stop looking at Jon and look at herself for once. I know how she got here, it's sad she doesn't!

This woman has so much, yes, a lot of material things, but some other things of value as well, if she would just open her eyes and see them. She strikes me as someone who will never be happy, nothing will ever be enough and she will complain as long as someone will listen. She should have a great life about now, but she has chosen not to. It doesn't matter what Jon has done, she has healthy children, a full staff to attend to daily life and no financial worries. Yet, all she does is point out Jon's faults and cry 'poor me'

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter