1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Jon and Kate Plus 8, Official Thread-Part 4

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by MichelleVW, May 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DMRick

DMRick I prefer to be tagless!

We have no idea if they did or didn't do, just what you laid out. The kids may have huge trust funds.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. madge

madge ... is soaking in it

like the "Mother's Day" brunch at the end of the show? I just read where they claimed to have gone out to lunch on Mother's Day and how rainy the weather was .. well. it wasn't. that was the weekend of the kids b'day and when Kate went tanning.
    http://justjared.buzznet.com/2009/05/11/kate-gosselin-mothers-day/

4. Starbrite

Starbrite DIS'ing since 2004........... Didn't like my old n

As a single mom....If they continue shooting, I'll watch. Her financial & household struggles may be different than mine, but she is still "alone". She has no significant other to share special moments with. Believe me, I'd rather spend them alone than with my Ex-H :scared1: but it's still sad. She will have many of the same emotional struggles that I had.

5. DMRick

Regardless, she would be a single mom.

I assume she will have other struggles, just like single moms. Not neccesarily poor single mom's, but I assume there is a lot more to spending an evening by yourself, and not having dad to share the days triumph's with as well as the problems with the kids.
    I have friends that are single mom's with wonderful, executive jobs. but they are still single mom's with struggles.

6. 3prettyprincesses

3prettyprincesses "These pretzels are making me thirsty!"

I didnt' hear them say it was a Mother's Day brunch. Jon did say they were going to a fancy dress up brunch but I don't recall it being Mother's Day? :confused3

7. Magical JenK

Magical JenK DIS Veteran

I didn't read all of this thread (yet LOL), but here's my stand on this whole thing...

If you have to announce that you have a "special announcement" that's just a ratings ploy. They could have, announced the divorce separately & perhaps did their interviews on it on the show, but to have TLC advertise that a special announcement is coming? That's sick. It's a divorce not a new motorcycle. It's a major, should be personal, situation & they've (either TLC or J&K) have pimped them out for the whole world to see.

Money/the show totally changed them both, period. Sure it allowed Jon to stay home w/his kids & that's great, but their marriage suffered. I just find it sad that in one People magazine interview she said that she'd do the show because she needed to for the public/fans. Ah no...you NEED to do what's best for your family, not your pocket book & I think that has long since been forgotten.

8. DMRick

I understand what you are saying. My question is, what if the fine is more than they have? What if they are staying in this, because they don't have the money to buy out of it? You talk about a cramped little apartment. I'm talking about having zero. I would love to know what the buy out figure is..and then I would be happy to judge her, based on knowing that figure. Some of these contracts have very high buy outs. The point is, to make sure the person in the contract doesn't leave the show.

I do think if they want out, then TLC should let them out, but I haven't heard them annouce they will.

9. madge

only going by what I read... hopefully someone else who watched will know .. LOL

10. blissventure

blissventure Thinks oeufs à la neige is the best dessert that w

This is exactly the reason I was enjoying the college world series tonight. (Go LSU Tigers!!!) I was not going to watch any more of the train wreck. Both Kate and Jon have responsibility for what has finally come to pass. So sad that the decision was to hop right to divorce, rather than take a year or more and work hard at family therapy. I hope someone clues them both in that they are going to be working closely together for probably the next 20+ years. They still need to work out their "issues".
    Those poor kids.
    I can only hope someone at TLC has a heart for the 8 children and pulls the plug on the cameras. Those children don't owe us their pain. We have no need to see one minute of what they will be going through.:sad2:

11. Magical JenK

Magical JenK DIS Veteran

Kate mentions it when the kids are getting ready at the door. She says it was Mother's Day & then goes into how she'll always spend every holiday with the kids....or something along those lines.

12. Buckalew11

Buckalew11 2013 1/2 Marathon Finisher!!! Woohoo!!

I caught that also. :headache:

:thumbsup2 My exact feelings.

No, Jon didn't say anything about stopping. I tivoed it though and will see if I hear anything different when I watch it again.

:thumbsup2 Again. (Except he got fired, right?)

Dana I thought that too. I think when I wanted out of my marriage so badly (during the first 3 years), I think one of the reasons I didn't leave was because I cannot allow myself to fail. If DH had wanted out and I could not control the situation, I would have been crushed--esp. being "forced" to fail. I feel sure Kate really hates failing at this--becoming a statistic as she said.

Mother's Day Brunch. Interesting, huh? And if it really was MOther's Day, it was their b-day also.

I think she felt the need to file. I am not surprised. Jon will not discuss this with her, he's most likely cheating on her, he's apartment shopping in NYC...I think she had plenty of reasons to go ahead and file. She may have more that we aren't even privy to.

:thumbsup2

My DH was a bit ticked becausae I was going to watch and give them the time of day. He thought Jon was a loser also and not much of a dad to move so far away if that is indeed the case. He had a few choice words for Jon tonight.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 I just totally agreed with your whole post.

13. WaltD4Me

WaltD4Me <font color=royalblue>PS...I tried asking for wate

I could be absolutely wrong, but I really felt Kate was being honest about how she felt. I remember when my sister and BIL were having problems (they seperated for awhile, but were able to work things out) she said the exact same thing as Kate. "I don't want to do it alone." I really think she would have tried to work things out.

I still find the wording of of Kate's statement today to be odd. Jon's "activities", makes it sound like he had a wild party at the house with the kids there. I know that isn't it, but activities sounds like he was doing something. Maybe drinking all night after the kids were in bed? Having DeAnna over to the house?

14. brockash

brockash DIS Veteran

15. madge

and it was really rainy when they went to eat?

the pics from that day weren't rainy at all. it looked like a nice day in PA.

oh well. that certainly isn't the first time they've faked something for an episode. it won't be the last. LOL.

off to bed... will be interested to see what the ratings numbers are for tonight's show. they'll be out sometime tomorrow afternoon, I think.

have a great Tuesday, everyone! :upsidedow

16. Starbrite

Starbrite DIS'ing since 2004........... Didn't like my old n

I don't think anyone referred to this is as "special" only a "major announcement". Had they not made an official announcement at all, there would've been posters (maybe not on DIS) complaining that it's all a front, the episodes aren't even real, they aren't together anymore, etc etc.

They defiantely needed to make an announcement, maybe the show wasn't the right way to go about it....a press release from both sides would've been better.

Maybe now the paparazzi (sp?) will back off a little. It won't be breaking news if Jon is having lunch somewhere without Kate.

17. Buckalew11

Buckalew11 2013 1/2 Marathon Finisher!!! Woohoo!!

Kate and jon weren't your typical parents either. Most moms do not have 8 kids. Most dads are not SAHD. I just think she won't have to be seen as "typical" to be relatable or for people to want to watch them. Most people who watch the bachelor didn't start off their romances with 25 eligible choices that ABC has rounded up for them--but they watch anyway. ;)

I think she mentioned it and I also think it flashed up on the screen "Mother's day" or something like that. I am not sure it was filmed on Mother's Day though. Something made me think they may have celebrated a different day (for the taping).

:thumbsup2 Me too. And "activities" did make it seem like he did something. I also thought it was interesting that their faith was not mentioned at all in any of this. Odd, to me, for a Christian couple who prayed on film together not to mention their faith. I think the love of money may have replaced that other love. :sad1:

18. nuke

nuke Life is Good

I'm proud to say I didn't watch and I won't watch ever again. The whole thing is ridiculous and they are both selfish jerks.

As far as Jon saying he is excited about the future. Hell I would be too if I lived with Kate for 10 years.

19. DMRick

I just looked back, and Jon said they were doing a fine dining brunch (he didn't mention what for and Kate didn't mention Mother's Day either). On the screen, TLC put up the words Mother's Day. On the way into the restaurant, Kate was carrying a Trader Joe's bag. I wonder if the bibs were in the bag :)

20. Family Fun Mom

Family Fun Mom <font color=green>No longer tagless... my wit has

To me, it is extremely obvious that Kate is doing her best to vilify Jon and TLC is right there to edit it perfectly. Kate is the best chance to keep the gravy train rolling. If they make Jon look bad and appeal to the single moms out there who will now "identify" with Kate then the show goes on.

Judging by this thread, it just might work.

The only people in this situation worthy of sympathy are those children. My heart goes out to them.

21. DMRick

Hearing Jon speak, he did it all by himself. Right out of his very own mouth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.