Jon and Kate Plus 8, Official Thread-Part 4

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by MichelleVW, May 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DreaGirl

DreaGirl DIS Veteran

My DH and I just talked about their divorce. In all this mess they have said that they are doing it for the kids. Wouldn't you want to work on your marriage...for the kids! As a married couple they need to put their relationship first so that it is strong...for the kids!

I wish you were the judge! I have a feeling you would give them a piece of your mind, and they need honesty right now.

You'll have to watch the show. :sad2:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mousetravel

mousetravel DIS Veteran

They went there for Mother's Day.

I was wondering why Jon wouldn't just move back into their old house if it hasn't sold yet anyway. It would at least give the kids a familiar environment if it comes to them exchanging the kids from one home to the next. I just don't see it working out where only one parent stays in the house at a time, unless they each have a little apartment to live in while it's not "their turn" to spend with the kids.

4. KristiKelly

KristiKelly <font color=red>DIS Veteran<br><font color=purple>

I am not a fan or hater of either but I feel Kate would try but Jon has thrown in the towel. If he felt this way, he should have gotten a spine a long time ago and had a talk with Kate. Maybe he did & it just wasn't shown on tv but he should've stood up for himself more. JMHO

5. C.Ann

C.Ann <font color=green>We'll remember when...<br><font

The children are not their priority.. They made that abundantly clear tonight..

More of Kate playing the victim.. What was Jon going to do? Kidnap the children? Start beating Kate? "Protecting herself and her children" equals "protecting her victim image.."

It's all PR..

6. starstruck93

starstruck93 DIS Veteran

ITA with this.

7. Tweevil

Tweevil Twin Evils....

My son, who is 10 said to me something that sums it all up...

"Mom, I guess money really doesn't buy happiness, just look at them - they were happier broke."

And you know, I think he's right...

8. Starbrite

Starbrite DIS'ing since 2004........... Didn't like my old n

I agree. Jon reminds me so much of my Ex-H....towards the end, it was honestly like having a 3rd child. We we're very young too, so I heard all the same excuses..."I'm only 32" ya ya ya...there are plenty of responsible parents at that age...heck I'm only 29 and have a 12 year old.

9. Nancy

Nancy Wasting away in Pegulaville

I've been married 24 years and when I talk about my kids they are always referred to as "my girls", it is "my house", "my car", and I even say 'my bedroom" :confused3 Never saw anything wrong with that and neither does my husband.

Because bashing Kate is so much fun I guess. It takes 2 people to make a marriage. Jon is excited about getting a divorce? I think he needs to grow up. I also think when Kate made the comment about how she didn't think Jon thought through the ramifications of his decision that she was totally right. I think (and this is JMO) that he is thinking about freedom and how much fun he will have. After all, he will be able to keep all his toys (which he admits to liking) and get to be with his kids when he can schedule it.

I found it sad too. It was hard watching the clips of the kids when they were young. I was a little teary eyed watching tonight. I also think that Kate was upset, in part beause she failed and also just due to the end of her marriage. No one gets married thinking they will divorce. I just felt watching him that he was just resigned to it and that he is relieved it's over and out in the open....now he ccan move on to his exciting new life.

10. KristiKelly

I'm Going to bed but I have to say that this episode made me very, very sad. I don't think it's ever a happy occassion to see a marriage crumble - esp. live tv with children involved. I do wish Jon would've said that he would like to at least try. So very sad for everyone. I am a child of divorce and even though I can't see my parents together, I hated the bitterness.

11. DreaGirl

DreaGirl DIS Veteran

What a loser.:sad2:

They should do whatever they have to do in order to give their kids a normal life without the cameras. This may be all they have ever known, but it is not normal.

Jon is a loser, I think that is pretty clear even without watching the show. Kate only worries about herself, I, I, I, me, me, me.

I believe that Kate would try as long as Jon did what she wanted to do.

12. DreaGirl

DreaGirl DIS Veteran

I agree.

13. Starbrite

Starbrite DIS'ing since 2004........... Didn't like my old n

If I go to bed....this thread will be gone by morning won't it. I'll be hunting for Part 5

14. mousey

mousey DIS Veteran

Maybe Jon thinks he is going to be snatched up by some big movie producer to star opposite Sandra Bullock or Jennifer Anniston. He claims he might get a job offer???

15. Geoff_M

Geoff_M DIS Veteran, DVC Member, "Cum Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

That's a "straw man argument". No one has given him the green light to start hanging with other women because of Kate's treatment of him. As for him not being able to make good decisions, well, when whatever do choose is going to be second guessed and/or criticized, you start to develop the attitude of not caring and "why bother".

The issue of the house placement tonight was another prime example. Kate's choice may very well have been a better one, but the way that she went about it was totally wrong. Jon had spent time over a couple of months preparing the ground for the playhouses and Kate didn't even bother to go look at the location herself. The very day that the truck arrives, Kate suddenly cares, decides Jon's picked a bad spot, and then undermines him with the installation crew and announces where she wants them. Jon is left to quip "It looks like I've just made a campground!"

16. KristiKelly

Agreed BUT I don't think Jon knows what he wants to do, he wants to float through life. He wants complain about having no identity due to the show but wants to live off the benefits. I think if Jon would've stepped up she would've backed down. He even said tonight that he wasn't the best listener or something. When you've got 8 kids you shouldn't have to worry about your husband. Jon wants to play - period!!!

17. Disneynut5

Disneynut5 Mouseketeer

I for one agree with you 100%! :thumbsup2

18. drag n' fly

drag n' fly Bucket list alert!!...Rode the Lilly Belle and din

What a sad show.:sad2: I truly hope once the dust settles on this dysfunctional mess :upsidedow those kids make out ok:grouphug:

19. DreaGirl

DreaGirl DIS Veteran

You're right. Jon is very lazy. Kate is very overbearing. That is not a good combo.

20. DMRick

DMRick I prefer to be tagless!

So, if the fine is 10 million or a billion dollars and they don't have a billion dollars what do you suggest they do? I don't know how much money they have, that is K & J's money discretionary money, but if they don't have it, just how do they just 'quit' the contract.? What's the point of a legal contract if it's that easy to get out of?
    I'm serious..we can say, do whatever it takes, but how can we say that, without knowing the ramifications?

21. DreaGirl

DreaGirl DIS Veteran

I was just reading another board I frequent and this was posted. I think she makes a very good point.

Ever see a show try to survive when one of the main characters leaves? It's just not the same. Like when they tried to retool Golden Girls without Dorothy.

Much like a sitcom or drama, this show has a delicate balance. Every person is important to the dynamics of why people like the show. A show with just Kate one episode and just Jon the next is a completely different show. A show without the two of them sitting on the couch Kate love tapping and castrating Jon isn't the show people are used to watching.

Retooling the whole format of the show will be the kiss of death for the show, thank God.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.