Jon and Kate non bash post

I hope this thread does well because I enjoy discussing JK8 and while I'm not a lover of either of them <snip>

Life is full of negativity and after I finished work tonight I saw that the other thread was going to wear me down in that department. While I enjoy seeing both sides and different sides of this, I do not enjoy the downright nasty posts that seem to come out of the blue.

ditto. while I realize that I contribute an alternative view to the discussion .. it's never been my intent to be nasty. and if anyone left the other thread because of me, I do apologize.

at any rate, I don't think I belong here since I'm not a fan. the other thread is becoming hard to keep up with .. so I'm not sure where that leaves me. :upsidedow

I do hope this thread is a success.

ditto. while I realize that I contribute an alternative view to the discussion .. it's never been my intent to be nasty. and if anyone left the other thread because of me, I do apologize.

at any rate, I don't think I belong here since I'm not a fan. the other thread is becoming hard to keep up with .. so I'm not sure where that leaves me. :upsidedow

Marge, just like I'm on both threads, I think you could do well on both threads. I don't think anyone left the other board because of you at all. I'm really not just a Kate fan, although I know I sound like that..but I do enjoy talking more about the show and not the stuff, that to me doesn't matter, like her hair, and body, etc. I just don't see her as the witch many others do, in it just for the money. I think she loves her kids and see's this as a way to give them more than she could otherwise.. I also think that she is trying to do the best she can for her kids, so with that said, that makes this board more fun for me. I can just enjoy it (without enjoying what the G family is going through, if you get what I mean. The other board is more for the other part of the show..the intenseness I guess.

Doris

not if you keep calling me Marge, I won't :lmao:
LOL..I can't believe I did again LOL. Have you thought of changing your name to make life easier for me? After all, I do have kids your age, so I'm pretty old.

Nope, not even sure I have totally left the other thread :rotfl: It wasn't post like yours that got me. Yours seemed thought out and provided an alternate view of the situation/show/personalities. While I know where you stand, I do not see that stance as nasty. It was the posts that seemed like drive-bys that got to me. It was like "I hate everything about her because I hate her". :sad2: No, give me something to think about not just some snarky, hate-filled, rude comment. :laughing:

I'd like to see you post here because while I am probably more of a fan than you are, I am not really a fan. There are things about myself that I see in Kate, I get her sense of humor (think Emeril) and I'm a bit controling, OCD and, of course, was drawn to her in the first place because I could relate to the infamous ice cream incident at WDW. :lmao:

LOL..I can't believe I did again LOL. Have you thought of changing your name to make life easier for me? After all, I do have kids your age, so I'm pretty old.

I've thought about changing my name many times over the years (especially when Palmolive commercials were on TV) ... now seems as good of a time as any :lmao:

There are things about myself that I see in Kate, I get her sense of humor (think Emeril) and I'm a bit controling, OCD and, of course, was drawn to her in the first place because I could relate to the infamous ice cream incident at WDW. :lmao:
Maybe that's why I seem drawn to her, and I knew I liked you LOL.

Marge, just like I'm on both threads, I think you could do well on both threads. I don't think anyone left the other board because of you at all. I'm really not just a Kate fan, although I know I sound like that..but I do enjoy talking more about the show and not the stuff, that to me doesn't matter, like her hair, and body, etc. I just don't see her as the witch many others do, in it just for the money. I think she loves her kids and see's this as a way to give them more than she could otherwise.. I also think that she is trying to do the best she can for her kids, so with that said, that makes this board more fun for me. I can just enjoy it (without enjoying what the G family is going through, if you get what I mean. The other board is more for the other part of the show..the intenseness I guess.

Doris

ITA! I think Kate is doing what she thinks is best for her kids, and loves them, just as I love mine. Who knows if doing the show ect., in the end is going to be what was best for them, but I don't think he intentions have ever been, I just care about me. I've always felt like she is their mom first, before anything else, and does what she thinks is best for them.

I also agree, that I highly doubt anyone would have left the other thread because of any comments from Madge. -You're a great source of info. and while I may not agree with your opinion all of the time;) I value the opinion, and like I said before, it's never come across to me as bashing.

As far as Monday nights episode. It does make sense that TLC would just kinda be making it into a much bigger deal (announcement wise) then what's actually going to happen, but then again, I never thought they would have addressed the issues they did on the 1st episode of season 5. I'm sticking with it's either going to be they're seperating, or ending the show for a while. Maybe they've already taped all the episodes needed for season 5??? and while we'll continue to see the episodes, they'll be "done" with it?? -I don't know, I think that's what I'm hoping for, but them announcing that they're seperating would make sense. I just don't think they'd jump to an announcement about them getting a divorce, without the seperating (publically) and trying to work something out first. Time will tell.

They are contractually obligated to do 40 episodes this season. That is way too many. Especially since they have been doing two seasons per year.
I agree. And I can't imagine that they've done enough filming to create that many episodes, although I bet they have quite a bit. It seems like many of the recent paparazzi pictures show a film crew in the background. And I'm sure the trip to NC will be at least 2 shows.

ITA! I think Kate is doing what she thinks is best for her kids, and loves them, just as I love mine. Who knows if doing the show ect., in the end is going to be what was best for them, but I don't think he intentions have ever been, I just care about me. I've always felt like she is their mom first, before anything else, and does what she thinks is best for them. .
I agree.
Hey, we are going to be in Disney at the same time. Perhaps we can get Kate and the kids to join us LOL!

I agree.
Hey, we are going to be in Disney at the same time. Perhaps we can get Kate and the kids to join us LOL!

I know y'all weren't talking to me but when I read this, because I am always up for a Disney trip, I thought, "Show me the ice cream!!!!" :lmao:

I've always enjoyed the show, and loved the kids. However, this season makes me uncomfortable and sad, so I've only watched the first two episodes.

I will say that I hate what the general public does to "celebrities". I think that movie/TV stars are entitled to some privacy. I've never understood the opinion that "they ask for it" when they decide to become stars. Why do we "need" to see them 24/7, and at their worst--drunk, taking out the garbage, etc. Why can't we let them do their job (make movies, make public appearances),, and then allow them privacy?

Since everyone's statement is the same, this has to be a release from TLC. At first I thought a divorce announcement. Now I"m thinking..peace, maybe from counseling? I'm expecting anything, from divorce, to ending the show, to getting help.

what I can't seem to put my finger on is what on earth they have to say about this whole situation that will take the length of time for an hour-long show.

Thank you for starting this thread...I couldn't stand being in the other thread trying to weed through all the garbage to find info. My family had been watching this show for a long time and have become quite fond of the family.

I sincerely hope they are putting the children's lives first and are ending the show to get things back on track, however I fear that J & K are divorcing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter