Johanna and Dustin's SBP adventure! 6/23/08 No more swag at SBP

Hi and Welcome!!!!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the first dress. Love it. I also love the second BM dress (I'm obsessed with Jim Hjelm) and as a PP said, that's a dress you could wear again.
I will also be wearing pink shoes, unfortunately DF is FIVE inches shorter than me, so I will be wearing flats.
My sister Caryn (Caryndisneydiva) wore fabulous pink shoes to her reception, she got them at David's Bridal.... I think they were the Marissa shoes.
Everything looks great!!!

Lindsay, I love the first dress too! I can't wait to go try it on! I read your sisters reports, but I should go back and take a look at her shoes! I love pink! Are you counting down the 2 weeks until you can call for your date? So exciting!

So, I've decided that after three kids I've done my share of weight gain, so I've called Jenny Craig and I'm ding their pre-packaged food. I want to look killer for my wedding, not mom killer, but killer! :goodvibes

My MOH and I are still debating dresses. We're hooked on JCrew and Ann Taylor who both have celebration dresses. They are gorgeous. I'm still up in the air on colors, so no progress there. My mom and I are going dress shopping on Thursday... so hopefully I find something I like. I saw how Caryn had her bridesmaids shawls tied and I looooooooved how it looked. So, if I don't have my arms in shape the way I want them at least I have a great backup plan.

Still waiting on a planner, but Gina said it would be soon. I called her for a question... no haglling for a planner... I swear!

I'll post more when I go dress shopping... in the meantime I've been enjoying everyone's planning journals! :surfweb:

Good Luck with Jenny Craig....My DF and I joined Weight Watchers this week so we can get Hott too!;)

So, I've decided that after three kids I've done my share of weight gain, so I've called Jenny Craig and I'm ding their pre-packaged food. I want to look killer for my wedding, not mom killer, but killer! :goodvibes

My MOH and I are still debating dresses. We're hooked on JCrew and Ann Taylor who both have celebration dresses. They are gorgeous. I'm still up in the air on colors, so no progress there. My mom and I are going dress shopping on Thursday... so hopefully I find something I like. I saw how Caryn had her bridesmaids shawls tied and I looooooooved how it looked. So, if I don't have my arms in shape the way I want them at least I have a great backup plan.

Still waiting on a planner, but Gina said it would be soon. I called her for a question... no haglling for a planner... I swear!

Oh, and I'm very excited that Disney is going to have different cakes to offer Escape Brides now! :cheer2: YAY!

I'll post more when I go dress shopping... in the meantime I've been enjoying everyone's planning journals! :surfweb:

So this is my first post on this board...I am a HUGE lurker! Someday I kinda hope to be a Disney bride...long story. For now I enjoy reading all about yours!

Congratulations! Everything looks beautiful, I love the first dress you posted!

I wanted to let you know that we have Jenny Craig thread on the WISH board you should come join! I am a Centre Director for Jenny Craig and the girls over there are great!!

Could you direct me to the wish thread... I'd love to be able to join. I am a bit nervous to start, so it's nice to hear from someone that knows what it is all about.

Johanna

A lot has happened this week. As I said I went on Jenny Craig, which was exciting. The food is really good and it's an easy program to stick to, so I don't foresee any hiccups, but you never know, which is why I found my wedding dress today!!!!!!!! :cool1:

Here in Miami we have a really cool shopping district for wedding gowns called Miracle Mile... it's shop after shop after shop. So, my mom and I went there today to look for styles that I might like. A lot of the shops didn't carry my size, which was okay because I knew their samples wouldn't be there I was just browsing for ideas, right? Noooooo... I wanted to go to David's Bridal on Miracle Mile because I knew how nice people had said it was and they would carry my size and have alot of selection... so off we went. My dress was the third I tried on at David's. It was crazy how fast I found it. I just knew as soon as I got into it. It makes me look skinny now.... I can only imagine how it will look when I get skinnier and have it altered. I'm so damn excited!!!!!!!! :banana:

So, I bought everything but shoes there. My undergarmets and crinolin (sp?) and veil... I didn't think I was going to have a veil, but it really completed the look. Since my mom and I weren't expecting to buy anything we didn't even bring a camera... so, no pics of me. But the dress comes June 12, so I will try on and take pics to post. If anyone wants to see the dress it's style #9E8787 at Davidsbridal.com. It's not letting me post a great picture of the dress, so it's on the website if you're interested. I'm getting it in Ivory and champagne for the contrast draping. My veil is ivory with champagne coloring on the edges. If you saw the flower on the dress, I'm probably going to change it to another flower that I like a bit better, but I like the flower it comes with, so not sure yet! :confused3

And that is how I came to find MY DRESS!!!!!!!! YAY. Also, something exciting I got my wedding coordinator. She is wonderful! I guess that's all for now! I will check in and report soon... next up shoes and invitations.... wish me luck! Oh, and my bridesmaid dresses!

That dress is going to be beautiful on you!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey dawn,

I too have the 18 max for guests... it's a good number I think, for me. It's small enough for as less stress as possible and also friends and extended family don't get their feelings hurt because they understand how small it is. We're still debating an at home reception when we return.

My son might be the ring bearer, but he's a bit rambuncious (sp?) so it's up in there to see if by the wedding roles around he's calmed down. lol. Our twin daughter and son will be two, so they might just sit with my parents... unless we decide to do something that includes all three of them in the wedding. I don't know what it could be, but I have time to figure it out... hopefully.

Johanna

Your PJ sounds great so far! Can't wait to see more. I saw your max number of guests as 18. I was supposed to have an escape wedding with my 18 guests. When I told everyone I was going to Disney to get married my guest list jumped from 18 to 32....lol. From Escape to Wishes but I am happy they are all going. Don't tell anyone where you are getting married!! If the people you know are disney freaks like my family and friends you are in trouble!! :rotfl:

disneybridetoni, It was so hard deciding on an Escape not Wishes ceremony. I wanted everyone to be included, but I knew it wasn't for me. 32 is a great number though. Small enough, but big enough to have alot of fun!

disneybridetoni, It was so hard deciding on an Escape not Wishes ceremony. I wanted everyone to be included, but I knew it wasn't for me. 32 is a great number though. Small enough, but big enough to have alot of fun!

Yeah that is what we thought too. We still could have more but you have to draw the line somewhere!! ;)

I think the Escape weddings are so romantic and intimate. That is why I wanted one.

I've decided to go against the color aqua as a part of my colors. I love the color, but it's more summery and beachy. I'm on a lake in winter... so it's not for me! I've decided to go with champagne and pink as my colors. I have a champagne accent on my wedding dress, so my bridesmaid is getting her dress in the same color or pink. We're going to have similar bouquets of pink roses. btw, did anyone do newsletters for Escape Weddings? Did you feel it was necessary for that small a group of people? Thanks...

In other news... I lost 7.2 pounds after my first weigh-in with Jenny Craig! Super excited!!!!!!!!!!

Till next time... :surfweb:

I just got off the phone with my coordinator. She is so awesome! I didn't know whether or not they did the Save the Dates or not, so I asked and she said it was only for Wishes that they send them out... oh well. Now, I'm stuck because I think I might want to make my own.... any ideas?

Great job on the 7 pounds gone! Just think about how much a five pound bag of potatoes weighs...I love 7 pounds this week too and I knept thinking of losing more then a bag of potatoes...LOL:goodvibes

That's a great way of looking at it.... at the end of all my weight loss I should gather 10 bags of 5 pound potatoe bags and try to carry that around!

:thumbsup2 That weight loss is awesome!!!!! Keep it up :)

I did STD from magnetstreet.com. I loove the magnet ideas so much and since I am incredibly uncreative I couldn't figure out a way to do them myself. I am missing whatever gene caryndisneydiva has!:rotfl2: I WISH I could be half as creative as that!

I'll try to take a pic of the STD I chose and send it to you. The only issue is the lowest quantity I could order was 50 but I really liked them!

Can't wait to hear more!:surfweb:
dawn

dawn, thanks! I'm totally missing the creative gene too. My mom is not though, so maybe we can come up with something and she can put it together. We'll see. I went to magnetstreet.com and looked around, so I'd love to see a pic of what you picked!

I'm going to update my PJ even though it's not too exciting, but i wanted to let the people that read this know that I'm now very nervous about posting anything on here. Ever since a few days ago when people have become concerned with private info... it has been bugging the hell out of me. I know that there are weirdos out there, but why would they pick a wedding forum to lurk at? :confused3 I mean, it's just a bunch of friends sharing stories... Anyway, I just don't know if I'm giong to keep posting because it's making me nervous now... oh well. I guess we'll just play it by ear.

I've made my first newsletter and picked up Disney Park brochures from AAA. I'll include one with each newsletter. I'm also picking up stamps tomorrow and hoping they have disney themed ones.

I'm still looking into Welcome Bags and favors. I want them to be unique and something they will enjoy, not something they will throw out.... any ideas? I'm also waiting to see what the deal with cake upgrades for Escape weddings are or are they offering more choices by the time of my wedding.

I still need shoes for my dress, get the men to find and buy their light colored suits they will be wearing, get my MOH to try on her dress and order it. I need to pick invites and order them, plus in about month I need to make Dining reservations... for an Escape Wedding I thought I'd having nothing to do. :rotfl:

Till next time... :surfweb:

Jo

Hey lady- I think as long as you keep out details (last names etc) this is fine. Some people are crazy but if they don't have those details, you will be fine :thumbsup2

I remember seeing a news show on myspace and facebook and how employers and potential employers were looking at those to get an idea about the character of the person. As long as you don't come one here and start posting nudie drunken pics of yourself I think you will be fine. I know it will be tough to resist since you are kicking *** with the weight loss !!::banana:

I don't think I am doing welcome bags. My people are getting an expensive a** dinner so I can't afford to do bags and favors. I think for a favor we are going to do a Disney ornament per couple. We aren't going to have them personalized- we think people will just remember where they got them. I mean we are only inviting closest family so they better well remember! :rotfl2:

Once I hear any cake news I will let you know. My WP is still waiting for the final info. I am sooo excited to see what the options are.

You better not delete your PJ!!! You are my twin on here! Just be cautious like Linday222 said and not announce to the world when you will be out of town as a free invite to robbers.

Keep the updates coming!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter