Joe and Jennifer's DCL Vow Renewal PJ/TR~ CEREMONY FINALLY!!!

29apr00

Momma to a Princess and a little Prince!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I'm back from my quick little 4 day trip to WDW and i can now officially start on my PJ for our DFTVR in December 2009!! YA-HOOIE!!! :cool1:

Yeah, we're pretty far out right now so there isn't much I have done/can do right now. :guilty: But I can dream!! :lmao:

Let's see, shall i start with what I have so far, or background on DH and I???

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I'm back from my quick little 4 day trip to WDW and i can now officially start on my PJ for our DFTVR in December 2009!! YA-HOOIE!!! :cool1:

Yeah, we're pretty far out right now so there isn't much I have done/can do right now. :guilty: But I can dream!! :lmao:

Waiting for all the details!!!!:goodvibes

Ok, so a few details. This is going to be for our 10th anniversary, which is actually 4/29 (we just celebrated 8 yrs last week at Disney! :lovestruc ) but we are going in Dec because it's a lot cheaper! ;)

Land : 12/5-12/10 hopefully at WL with rented DVC points
Sea : 12/10-12/13 on Wonder
VR : 12/12 on beach at Castaway Cay
Attendants: DD (will be 6 then) and DS (will be 3 then)

So far, we have no idea who will be coming with us. My bf/MOH said that she would come, and my parents will most likely come also. DH's parents probably will not be able to afford it, and his mother won't get on a plane anyway. :rolleyes: My brother may come, but he'll have 3 kids under 4 at the time. My sister wants to come, but she has 4 kids who will all be in school, plus it will be an expensive trip for her also. I doubt that DH's sister's and family's will make the trip. I do have 2 sets of grandparents in FL who may come, but my grandmother suffer's from Alzheimers, so that may be out for them too. It could end up just being the 4 of us, which is fine, we understood that not everyone could come with us when we decided to do it.

I've got a newsletter made and ready to send out, i'll post that tonight when i get home.

I've spent a little bit of time looking at dresses, (ok a LOT of time ;) ) but haven't been to a shop yet. I have no problems buying the dress on ebay or some place online, but i'd like to atleast try a few on first before I make a decision.

Here are a few that I really like.

not to sure about this one anymore, i don't think the top will look good on me, as i have no top. :sad2:
58ebc5de-3fe5-4f2e-9772-a55f696c0963.normal.jpg

It's basically between these 2
0c50bfb1-0b21-4360-b5a5-92b1f6f774c1.normal.jpg
3a98f691-479f-456f-a197-fc7c7ee1d605.normal.jpg

I'm acutally more worried about what to have DH wear. He's not a dressy up kind of guy, and would rather be in a t-shirt and shorts. :headache: So i'm trying to find a nice COOL outfit for the beach ceremony. I'd love to find a nice light cotton/linen island shirt, and maybe some loose khaki pants. And i'm not even going to bother looking for clothes for the kids now. DD is 4, yet the size of a 2 yr old, so who knows what size she'll be wearing in a year and a half.

Beautiful dresses Jennifer! I know what you mean about hubby. If I do get a gown (now I am saying 'if', not 'when') I will need to find something for hubby to wear. It was fine when I had the dress and matching shirt, but don't know what that would look like if I wear a gown.

I had all of those gowns on my list of try ons!! Go to bestbridalprices.com because I think I saw most of them on there. Except that first one. Then you can see the prices there try on at a store and go with the best deal! Hmm... I'm trying to remember if Alfred Angelo had dresses on that website now... I think so.

I love that first dress! :thumbsup2
Excited to hear your plans since our DCL wedding's on the April 30th sailing next year!

I love the first one too....They can add padding on top. I have no top and plan on adding a b or c cups worth of padding. LOL

Great start will be reading...good luck with all your plans! Sounds great!:goodvibes

I love the dresses you are looking at, perfect for a beach ceremony. I look forward to seeing which you choose - and what you manage to get your DH to wear :)

:thumbsup2 So we have 3 bridal shops here in town. 1 David's bridal, and 2 smaller local chains. Of the 2 smaller ones, only 1 is an authorized Alfred Angelo distributor, and didn't have the dress i really liked.

3a98f691-479f-456f-a197-fc7c7ee1d605.normal.jpg

But they did have the other one, and i was really pleased with how well it looked on me! I was afraid it would be too "lacy" for a beach wedding, but it actually looks very beautiful and really sparkly! :lmao:
0c50bfb1-0b21-4360-b5a5-92b1f6f774c1.normal.jpg

the train is just a little bit longer than i would like, but it's fixable.

I also tried on the other one you all liked, and it actually looked really good too. It does come with straps, so that helps.

Then she brought out this other one!! :lovestruc :lovestruc Oh it was perfect! A beautiful champagne color, tight sheath, lace and seaquins, so beautiful. I'm going to have to seach and see if I can find a pic of the dress to show you. Of course that dress was $875 so it's definately out of the question, but beautiful nonetheless. ;)

So then i do a quick trip over to the other store, and find out they don't even carry AA. :mad: She shows me their informal section, but it was still a little bit too formal for my taste. Then we go into the sale room, and I find 1 dress, not something i'd looked at before, but it was pretty. It was another sheath, had a little bit of lace and sparkle on the chest, but not overpowering. And the actual dress was plain, with an apron back that opened to a bit of lace on the train with another seaquin and pearl design. very pretty, and on sale for $199!! :thumbsup2 I really didn't expect to like a "plain" dress like that, but it looked really good.

I really doubt i'll find anything at DB tomorrow. I have 3 saved to my favorites there, but they really aren't my style. But we'll see. I really really really want to try on that other AA one, so i may have to do a bit of traveling to find a store somewhere by that has it.

I like some the the cheaper ones better then the super expensive one! My vote is still for No. 1! LOL

OMG!! I think i found the dress!! I totally did not expect to see anything i liked tonight at David's Bridal. But i think this is the one!! It is soooo light! It feels just like a silky nightgown, and I just love the train, it's the perfect size!!

f07_VW9340.jpg

That dress is absolutly beautiful! I'm so glad you found something! Isn't it funny? I found my dress the same way too- not expecting anything and just trying on for fun. Congratulations!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter