Jodi Arias Trial Part 7 GUILTY 1ST DEGREE!!!

How long will the jury deliberate in the GUILT phase? VOTES ARE PUBLIC.

• Up to 4 hours

• 4 - 8 hours

• 8 - 12 hours

• 12 - 16 hours

• 16 - 20 hours

• 20 - 24 hours

• 24 - 36 hours

• 36 - 40 hours

• Over 40 hours

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[/QUOTE=izzy;48281818]I think JM despises ALV almost as much as JA. I was surprised at how many times he called ALV a liar. I have to think that the super secret hearing the other week had to do with perjury on ALV's part.

And when JM does his final closing, I hope he ends it with the interview where JA was smiling at the camera saying:

"No jury is going to convict me ... because I'm innocent and you can mark my words on that one -- no jury will convict me."[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the exact same thing :thumbsup2 ...

Great job JM, I only wish he finished a little earlier to force Attorney Nurmi to start his closing just to give the jury a little something to help them sleep tonight.
I don't think so. Let them go home and lay awake tonight and think about Travis...the victim...and how Jodi slaughtered him, and not the trash and lies the DT is going to throw at them.
If this jury comes back with anything less than First Degree Murder - Premeditation, I will have lost all faith in humanity ...
You and me both.

Hold onto your hats, Dr. Goofy (burpy) will be in Juan's sights after the break no doubt.:goofy:

I didn't think JM would touch Dr Burpy. Dr Burpy seemed much more qualified and honest with his responses and he wasn't as defiant in answering JM questions. Burpy was respectable...but he was entertaining ("I was doing so well")

I don't think so. Let them go home and lay awake tonight and think about Travis...the victim...and how Jodi slaughtered him, and not the trash and lies the DT is going to throw at them.You and me both.

I actually think/hope JM will really bring together the "full of life" side of Travis in his final close tomorrow and they can think about the contrast of his personality and the gruesome way he died because of her over the weekend!

Great closing! :thumbsup2

UR, I know you've indicated in the past that the prosecution hadn't proved premeditation yet to you. Did JM's closing today give you what you were looking for with regard to premeditation?

Those two slimy POS's? It's going to be rough tomorrow.

I'm going to be babysitting DGD, and during the time I'm there, DD needs to come home and change, so she wants me to bring DGD somewhere so that she's not upset that mommy comes home and then leaves again. TOMORROW?? Sheesh! The timing! :rolleyes:

About JM's closing. People (maybe here, but HLN) have criticized JM for his yelling in the courtroom (altho, people in the courtroom said it doesn't sound that bad IN the courtroom...it's louder on TV), but I think when he spoke more softely today, about what Travis went through, the contrast between that and how he usually speaks made it even more riveting.

My heart is still in my throat. :(
I agree. The softer tone made it all the more reverent.
I am still tearful.

That was a masterful closing, just epic. Juan Martinez will go down in history as one of the greatest lawyers ever, and he deserves too. :thumbsup2
Agreed!! :cheer2:

I've been thinking about this a lot today in regards to the death penalty. I am a supporter of the death penalty. BUT if I was on a jury and having to decide that fate for someone I don't know if I could sentence someone to death.

I know that I could seperate the sentencing part of the trial from the deciding a verdict part..but if it came down to it, could I do it?

How do you all feel about that? It doesn't mean I have sympathy for the person who committed the crime..but how would you feel about deciding if someone should die? I'd like to think that if I had no doubt that they were guilty that I could put that aside and do it..but sitting here in my living room I can only imagine how hard it would be to do so.

I only hope these jurors can put the 2 parts aside and that they can decide the case without thinking about the sentencing after the verdict. I'm pretty sure that is what happened with CA...they were convinced that if they found her guilty it would mean death and none of them wanted to see her get the death penalty..they didn't get it is 2 distinct parts to the end of a trial.

UR, I know you've indicated in the past that the prosecution hadn't proved premeditation yet to you. Did JM's closing today give you what you were looking for with regard to premeditation?

Oh yeah, I think he wrapped it up damn tight. I'm glad he dropped the sarcasm, it really doesn't suit the seriousness of the case.

I've been thinking about this a lot today in regards to the death penalty. I am a supporter of the death penalty. BUT if I was on a jury and having to decide that fate for someone I don't know if I could sentence someone to death.

I know that I could seperate the sentencing part of the trial from the deciding a verdict part..but if it came down to it, could I do it?

How do you all feel about that? It doesn't mean I have sympathy for the person who committed the crime..but how would you feel about deciding if someone should die? I'd like to think that if I had no doubt that they were guilty that I could put that aside and do it..but sitting here in my living room I can only imagine how hard it would be to do so.

I only hope these jurors can put the 2 parts aside and that they can decide the case without thinking about the sentencing after the verdict. I'm pretty sure that is what happened with CA...they were convinced that if they found her guilty it would mean death and none of them wanted to see her get the death penalty..they didn't get it is 2 distinct parts to the end of a trial.

Even if they find her guilty, they still have the option of sentencing her to life and the judge will decide if that's LWOP or 25 years to Life.

The unknown one was sustained, Vinnie Politan explained that it was the part of the closing where JM was saying for the jury to imagine her doing something regarding the crime...." and VP said you are not allowed to ask them to place themselves in the shoes of the defendant and that when they returned from the side bar JM will need to rephrase which he did. (I am 90% sure.. sort of in a fog but not a full fog)

Thank you for the info! I was keeping half an eye on the talking heads while trying to get dinner finished.

So the total objections for the DT stands at:

10 objections (2 sustained, 8 overruled)

Masterful closing by JM. He painted a clear picture for the jury.

They mentioned on HLN the other night that Donald Trump was tweeting about the trial. I hope that in some way he can help out the Alexander family.Ever since JM said that the spatter on the mirror was from his standing there and getting smacked in the back of his head with the knife, I've been holding back the tears...huge lump in my throat. :( :( :( And it's only gotten worse. Horrible visual, him trying to get away from her.This is a big day for her. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I agree. I cried today during that portion of the closing. The brutality of this murder is beyond my coprehension. She is beyond vile, and I cannot put into words how I feel about Arias. To commit such a horrific and violent act against another human being, I just cannot fathom. And to think he was standing in front of a mirror as this was happening to him. The horror in the last moments of his life.

Nurmi smiled at the word "naked" when JM said that Jodi could have run outside...that Travis wasn't going to run outside after her naked. Nurmi is so slimy.

Nurmi comes off as the guy who hangs out at the 25 cent peep shows. He gives me the creeps.

While it would be a difficult decision to make, in this situation, I would be able to sentence arias to death.

This is the hardest part to get a jury to convict and give death, it is much easier to give life then death. That is why you have to go as hard a strong and JM did in this case, you have to make the jury feel that it would be more tragic and wrong of a jury to not give a murderer death then to give them death.

I would be able to in this case though, other cases might be different, but IMO in this case she MORE then deserves it.

Dr. Burp in action. This is the footage of " I was doing so well" Advance to time of 15:20
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpafw8FDsB8

Sorry if this has already been posted. I have watched closing arguments all day and have just quickly scanned this forum. I saw the 35 second blip of Dr Burp spilling but this is actual footage

Ruh Roh ... JVM just said that she heard that Nurmi was saying the he was feeling under the weather today (he has a cold or something) :sick: :rolleyes: ... Is the DT planning on pulling another sick day tomorrow? :faint: ... Will the Judge honestly actually fall for that excuse again? :scared: ... I guess we'll find out tomorrow :sad2: ...

I am in favor of the death penalty. I can tell you anyone who votes for it does not have a thing to worry about. Neither does the person who is doing the execution. They are totally covered. If I was on a jury and knew with out a doubt it was the right decision to make I would not feel any guilt for it. I would say that there may be a 1 percent chance in life you have put away the wrong person. This case has so much stacked up against Jodi. She is an adult and she knows right from wrong. There is no fog, no crime of heat of passion. There was a rage and anger because a man refused her and dumped her for once. That is not how she did things. She always dumped them and moved on for someone else. There is enough evidence of that in of it's self. Jodi has had problems all her life. And Jodi does not know how to take any responsibility for herself. She wants to blame everyone else. I think that Jodi's parents always stepped lightly around her and never really gave out full punishments. So Jodi basically ran the house. Right now I also know Jodi's mom is realizing that this is out of her hands and she can't do anything for Jodi.

I have peace that the jury is going to do the right thing. It is out of my hands and I can't do anything about it.

Oh yeah, I think he wrapped it up damn tight. I'm glad he dropped the sarcasm, it really doesn't suit the seriousness of the case.

Even if they find her guilty, they still have the option of sentencing her to life and the judge will decide if that's LWOP or 25 years to Life.

This what I am hoping..that they just worry about the verdict and no focusing on what the outcome would be from that verdict. I don't think they did that with Casey Anthony.

Thanks for the responses to my question to those that answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter