Joanne and Paul's VR - 4th May 2011

Great idea for your colour scheme!! It is going to be so beautiful! And I love love love the cake topper :lovestruc

Hi Tinkerbell 766
If you dont mind, who is the designer of your daughter's dress. I have been searching for a specific color for my bridesmaids for forever, and that color looks like it might be it! Thank you!

Doen't matter which Claire - all the Claires on here are real sweeties!!!
I agonised long and hard over the DP, but in the end this was the plan which seemed to work best for us!!!

:rotfl:This made me laugh!

I agree totally with your decision about SCP. It just wouldn't be the same without the music and the extra cost for that is a little hair raising!

Very good call on Discovery Cove. Infact I may put this to Chris as our wedding gift to each other.

Hi Tinkerbell, Just checking in to see how things ae going with your plans. We returned from vacation/planning session this week.. Everything went perfect, food and cake tasting was outstanding. Francks was beautiful but they were not finished with returning all the stuff yet so it did seem a little empty. DD still has a lot of deciding to do but all the big stuff is booked.

Claire
I think I have (almost) decided against a DP. As much as I would love to have one, I refuse to remove my precious gown to go into Epcot or DHS and so SCP for 'Wishes' would be my only option. That would be fine but I feel 'Wishes' without the music is just not the same and $500.00 for music on top of everything else is, I think, going to be a step too far for us.
I have read about Wendy (WeeDee) and her wonderful wedding and since our reception is at Citricos like her's was, I think we may steal her idea of wandering down to the Marina with our guests (and drinks) and watch from there. The music is piped in to the Marina and whilst it won't be private, it will be free!!
I will probably spend some of the money I save on a mini 'honeymoon' for DH and me at Discovery Cove the day after our VR. I will still be vastly better off doing this than going with the DP, and we will still get to see 'Wishes' complete with music.
Thanks for your nice comments on my plans so far

Are you no longer allowed to wear your dress into the parks for a DP? I thought you could.

I am not a DFTW bride but a S/D (VR) bride. Only DFTW brides are allowed to wear their dresses into the parks for their DPs!!!

am planning a vow renewal, too, and am in awe at how wonderful yours will be! What is a DP?
Kari/Michigan/US

Great idea for your colour scheme!! It is going to be so beautiful! And I love love love the cake topper :lovestruc

Love all of your ideas!!!

Hi Tinkerbell 766
If you dont mind, who is the designer of your daughter's dress. I have been searching for a specific color for my bridesmaids for forever, and that color looks like it might be it! Thank you!

:rotfl:This made me laugh!

I agree totally with your decision about SCP. It just wouldn't be the same without the music and the extra cost for that is a little hair raising!

Very good call on Discovery Cove. Infact I may put this to Chris as our wedding gift to each other.

Hi Tinkerbell, Just checking in to see how things ae going with your plans. We returned from vacation/planning session this week.. Everything went perfect, food and cake tasting was outstanding. Francks was beautiful but they were not finished with returning all the stuff yet so it did seem a little empty. DD still has a lot of deciding to do but all the big stuff is booked.

Hi girls!!
I just returned from a terrible week in a caravan with DS (10) and my Mum. It rained all week and the site the caravan was on was horrible!!
It was so nice to return to some lovely messages from my Disfriends!!

spedtcr - Thank you for your lovely comments!!! Have fun planning your VR - I know I am having a ball. I am sure that your VR will be beautiful. Would love to here all about your plans!! I am sure you have figured it by now but DP stands for dessert party.

Disney 9.9.10 - Thank you. I think the colour scheme fits really well. When I saw that cake topper, I knew it would be perfect for us!!

Deemarch -Thank you so much!!

mickeyshellbelle - The dress is by Dessy and the colour is Spa. I am glad you like it. I think Dessy do other styles in the Spa colour too.

brer rabbit - It's so true all Claires here are lovely!!! I think the decision on the DP is the right one for us!! I am looking forward to (hopefully) doing DC with DH on the day after the VR.

disneemama - Hi!! I am so glad the planning session went well!!! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Joanne, Thanks for all you do to help others on their trips. You are so good about encouraging other Disney brides!

Hi Dolly
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments!!
You are so so kind to do these for me!!
I will be using the logo I designed for the VR (I have to, as I already had the welcome bags printed), but thought it might be fun to have a different one to go on the newsletter I need to send out soon!! If it is okay with you, I will use the first one for this and maybe the swan with the round mickey.
Are you paying for your clipart these days? The first swan one is beautiful!!!

Your VR plans are coming along so nicely, everything looks beautiful. You are very talented, and I love your designs. We had rain everyday we were in Florida for the PS, but it went very well. The GF is so amazing, elegant and huge.

I have started my own little company helping brides with paper printables from monograms and wedding stationary to placecards, favors and everything inbetween. So far, for customers, I have actually designed everything from start to finish. But if I can't design an image, then I would pay for the clipart for commercial use.

For yours (since I did it for free as I think it is important to do things for other DISigners that do so much for people on the Boards) I did find the images online. I actually reworked the first image with the swans to get it where I like it, and did slight changes on the other images. I still LOVE the monogram you designed! I think it is perfect.

I look forward to seeing your newsletter! Even if you don't use one of the things I made.

Your VR plans are coming along so nicely, everything looks beautiful. You are very talented, and I love your designs. We had rain everyday we were in Florida for the PS, but it went very well. The GF is so amazing, elegant and huge.

Dolly - Thanks again. I hop your new venture goes well. You deserve every success!!! I will post the newsletter when I get it done. I am sure I will use at least one of your designs on it and keep mine for the actual VR stationary, labels etc.

disneemama - Thanks for your lovely comments. I don't feel I have nearly as much talent as some of my friends over on the 'Creative DISigns' board but I do love to dabble!!! My break was (unfortuately) on an English coastal resort and it was raining and very windy all week. Just another reminder why I save all my pennies to have my Florida holidays!!!

I am so sorry that your vacation wasn't enjoyable. That is always a bummer when you plan something and the weather doesn't cooperate. I love the designs Dolly made for you!!!

Hi just to let you know ive been following your plans and they look great! I love the logo for the welcome bags and everything your planning on having in them.

I'm going to a caravan in the lake district in a few weeks, at lake land if you know it?

Looking forward to reading more about your plans, Eve x

I am so sorry that your vacation wasn't enjoyable. That is always a bummer when you plan something and the weather doesn't cooperate. I love the designs Dolly made for you!!!

Hi just to let you know ive been following your plans and they look great! I love the logo for the welcome bags and everything your planning on having in them.

I'm going to a caravan in the lake district in a few weeks, at lake land if you know it?

Looking forward to reading more about your plans, Eve x

Here is one more...

pixiegirl - Thank you. The break was awful. It is the only holiday we are having this year due to the vast amount of saving required for next May's VR. Oh well, at least we have that to look forward to!! I am glad you like Dolly's designs - she is such a kind, generous and very talented lady. I am spoilt for choice as to which one to choose for my newsletter!! As I said earlier, I have to use the logo I designed for the actual VR stuff as I already had the welcome bags printed.

evey82 - Thanks for the lovely comments!! Is Lakeland the name of the caravan site? I am not sure I know it. Do you know where it is in the Lake District? I live 2 miles from Lake Ullswater. If it is near me, perhaps we can meet up for a coffee!!!

Dolly - Thanks once again. I love this one too!! I am not sure which to use now!!

You didn't come to Cleethorpes did you Joanne? It's been truly miserable here this week, so bad infact that we absconded for a shopping jolly to my hometown, Manchester this weekend. Unbelievably the weather was better there (and it always rains in Manchester):rotfl2:

You didn't come to Cleethorpes did you Joanne? It's been truly miserable here this week, so bad infact that we absconded for a shopping jolly to my hometown, Manchester this weekend. Unbelievably the weather was better there (and it always rains in Manchester):rotfl2:

Claire sweetie
No I didn't, I went to Selsy in Sussex :sad2:, but I wish I had come to Cleethorpes!!! I least that way I could have met up with you. That would have been such fun!!!

You mentioned if there was anything else that you could make for your welcome bags. I looked through the pictures of the tags you made for the welcome bags and I didn't see a door knob hanger or a wine/water bottle tag. The bottle tags are nice as you can make them in advance and then pop them on top of a wine/water bottle after you buy it once you are there. Then you don't have to worry with a wrapper.

I especially love giving water as most people love to have a little water around in their hotel room especially at night before they go to bed.

Good luck with everything. I know it will be wonderful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter