jlp651's Journal-Battling EMS Butt-posts welcome

jlp651

<font color=CC66CC>Don't you know its annual "Your
OK here I go again...I've done this before-now to just get back into the right mind set.
I recently went to to doctors and weighed in 15-20lbs heavier then when I first saw them 2 years ago...The question is-where/how did I put that weight on? I sit for 12 hours a day for 4 days at work...I lack motivation when the sun is not shining. I have a bad case of EMS Butt...What is that. I work in the emergency medical services field...we sit for long hours and well..our butts is where all of our weight sits...time to work that off!
My Plan:
Hi Protien
Low Carbs
More fruits and veggies
Work Out 30-60 minutes (follow Self Challenge work out)
Keep in touch with new online work out buddy
Take care of ME!
Monthly Massages
Enjoy each day
Get fresh flowers weekly at the farmers market
Smile more
Keep jumk food (ie cookies, candy etc) to a minimum
Listen to my body (its amazing what you have to say sometimes)
And come here and jot down thoughts, moods, food, and work out for the day

Today:
Breakfast
Cheeerios w/ 2% Milk (sorry I cant go any lower than that!)
3 Strips Bacon

Work Out
5 minutes stretching
25 minutes elliptical

Lunch
1 1/4 cup pasta
1 boneless chicken breast
3/4 cut lite Ragu sauce (not bad-a little thin)

H20
NOT ENOUGH today!
16 oz @ gym
drinking it in small doses since I got home

I don't know what dinner will be yet...probably fresh fruit and a glass of milk.

That's my plan...replies welcome!

Hi welcome to journaling! I like your plan. It sounds balanced and sensible. I especially like that you are incorporating exerise with your healthy eating plan.

I wish you all the best as you try to take off the extra weight. This is a great place to keep yourself accountable and get feedback and encouragement from the people here at WISH. Take care! :)

hi and welcome to wish journaling :wave:

your plan sounds really great, just stick to it, and i'm sure you'll reach your goals :bounce:

I worked today...you will probably see day 1, 2, 3, & 4 on the tops of those days...

Breakfast:
Cinnimon Swirled Bread 1 slice
Hashbrown 1 patty

Snack:
Bannana

Lunch:
12 Wendy's chicken nuggets

Snack:
Grapes 1 cup

5pm muchie:
1 boneless chicken breast with fat free gravy

Now I am sitting at home kind of hungry...I'm thinking chocolate milk and maybe a corn muffin...I know the whole carb thing...but it isnt an easy switch...baby steps...

No excercise today...I worked out 2 days in a row-take 1 off...

Thats it for now-thanks for the encouragement...

PS and I have drunk enough water to sink a small ship!

ok well...lets see I forgot to write yesterday (oops) an di had pizza for dinner! it was good but I only had one slice and then those darn dippin dots from dominos are yummy...*pout* oh well.

Today
Breakfast:
1 english muffin with peanut butter

Lunch:
Marinated beef
fruit juice

Snacks
Grapes
Banana
Carrot sticks

Dinner:
Seaseme beef *yum*
rice (hi in carbs but filling will only eat a little)

Probably some chocolate milk

Didnt do so hot in the water department either the past 2 days...oh well...

Now I have 4 days off...at least I'll get to work out...on the days that I work-12 hour shifts-I am whooped by the time I get home...I try to do something. I've made a rule not to get on the computer until dishes and a work out are done...but that isnt always easy...havent really succeeded this week...but I'm working on it...baby steps...

things are either on again or off again...

breakfast
mcdee's 1/2 sausage 1 hash brown
h2o

lunch
left over steak

dinner
santa fe chicken...recipe from the net-seems pretty healthy...

but since I'm not at work-no snacks...not really in the mood.

25 minutes on the elliptical

This is harder than I thought it would be...

Hi jlp!:wave2: Welcome aboard!
You're right - this isn't easy! But hang in there, it does get a little bit easier as you get used to it. Or at least that is what I have found. Once I'm On Plan, it is pretty easy to stay there. Once I get off plan, I have a very hard time getting back. It is all a mental thing for me.
Your plans look reasonable and if you stick to it, I am sure you will find success. Keep journaling here, the support I receive here has made all the difference in the world for me!:teeth:
Definitely increase your water - that is SO important for your weight loss! That and exercise!!::yes::
Hope you had a great day today!:sunny:
TTFN-
Sharon

I spent most of the weekend rapelling...well kind of...I'm suddenly afraid of heights...anyway

I've been living on PB&J and chips and water for lunches
Bagels for B'fast
and some kind of meat (chicken, steak, what ever) for Dinner

today I was at work
breakfast
bagel
lunch
chicken
snacks
1 bag of chips
2 pretzels
and 1/2 an orange

yikes! hopefully I'll get myself back on track...this sucks

but my pants are starting to fit better-all the more reason to stick with it.

your pants are fitting better, that's great! i know this is hard, but just try to do the best you can :bounce:

have a great day :sunny:

with the work style that I have...sometimes it isnt easy to get into gear...

Breakfast
2 hash browns

Lunch
1 boston market frozen dinner...YUCK! way too much sodium...I can still taste it

Snacks
18 cheddar puff thing-ies in 2 servings
fruit cup
banana

Dinner
about 3-4 bites of steak
4 cheese sticks

could it get any worse?

Hopefully better luck tomorrow!

I think you're doing just fine! You're just starting out and you can't possibly expect to change everything all at once. Baby steps and small goals will get you where you need to go.

I think you should pick one area to concentrate on. Water is always an easy place to start. Figure out how much water you want to drink in a day and then plan how you'll do it. My goal is 60 oz of water and I have a 12 oz mug, so that means I have to drink 5 mugs - I try to get at least 2 in before lunch, 2 in the afternoon and 1 in the evening.

After you've got the water thing going well, then pick something else, like exercising 4x a week or eating a healthy breakfast every day.

Step by step you'll build healthy habits that will become part of your life. You won't even have to think about them anymore.

You're on the right track! You're creating a healthier you!! :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

breakfast
2 pieces of cinnimon swirl toast

lunch
english muffin pizza

snack
a little steak (less than 3 oz)
bannana
animal crackers

dinner....I think we are going out...probably chicken

I drink lots of water to begin with...so that isnt a problem...actually water is all I drink...water and milk anyway...

I guess I need a new goal...

since you already get in plenty of water (and good for you! lots of people have trouble with that one!), i'd go with doreen's suggestion of trying to get in a certain amount of exercise. she suggested 4 days a week, which is a great goal! you could try to concentrate on that for a while, then once you get used to it, like she said, then change another thing. it's true, baby steps make it much easier than trying to change everything at once. good luck! :bounce:

Hey JLP welcome to the board!

A bit of useless knowledge for you...You mentioned dippin dots earlier, they were actually invented and the corporate headquarters are in my hometown of Paducah, KY.

Since I am sure that you were way impressed with that I will just close and check you out later!

Later,

Dax
aka The only man on the WISH BOARDS!

ok I had to go to a training this week and what a bomb! I hate feeling like I have to eat 3 meals aday and dont even get to pick out what I'm eating...but the food was good though...still...I feel like a pudge ball...

ok as of tomorrow back on track...I'll start working out again starting Friday...I'm bumming...I feel like a cow!

MOOOOO!!!

Sorry you're feeling.....um......(searching for a tactful word here)....like there's more of you than you'd like. When I'm at the mercy of someone else's food choices it can be TOUGH!!

Just do the best you can and hang in there! :sunny:

well...i didnt do too well today...I think I'm coming down with something...I ate a can of soup and 1/2 a bagel...nothing tastes good. lots of water...1 cup of tea...thats it...
I want dinner though...but I dont know what.
more later when I feel better.
Thanks for the support.

So sorry you're not feeling well, but it may explain why you're feeling, in your words "like a cow." When your body is sick, it tends to hold extra water. When you're feeling better, all that water will leave and you'll be feeling thinner, I bet!

Until then, please take good care of yourself! Drink liquids, eat whatever will help you feel better and try to get some extra rest.

I hope you're feeling better soon! :sunny:

I hope you are feeling better soon!:(
Some great ideas for you here. Pick one area and work on improving that. The exercise is good. Maybe you could pair that with improving breakfast or lunch daily. I have found since starting this weigh of life, I am much more organized. I need to make kids snacks/lunches in the evenings so that I will have time to eat my 1/2 grapefruit in the mornings. (Mornings in my house are quite the sight!:rolleyes: ) Then I usually have a couple of min to grab a frozen leanpocket or yogurt or banana to bring with me to work so that I have healthy options. Step by step, you will get used to this and it does get easier. Heck, I've gone 7 straight days without cheating now and before, that was just unheard of for me!!!:tongue:
Good luck on your journey! Please don't give up! Just keep coming back here for support and encouragement!:teeth:
TTFN-
Sharon :sunny:

Thanks for the info...
I guess I am sick...spent all Easter Sunday in Urgent Care with an earache...dont know where I got it but I did...So, I'm drinking fluids, eating what ever seems to "sound good" (when actually NOTHING sounds decent or appetizing!) My water count is down b/c I've been drinking juice and eating popcicles...it just burns me that I cant get motivated to excercise...but that is b/c my body needs the rest -so I will deal with it for now.

OK the few daily journals that I have put up
What can I improve on...can I improve on breakfast? What can I add? How can I stick to excercise? How can I get the most from my work-out?

Keep me motivated!!! This works! I need to journal more regularly...BUT I DRINK LOTS OF WATER!!!!

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter