Jim Hill talks up 'Home on the Range'

airlarry!

Did you know some ferns date back to Prehistoric t
Jim Hill's site has a first look at Disney's FA release for next summer, 'Home on the Range.'

www.jimhillmedia.com

Supposedly, it is a musical, with Cuba Gooding, Jr and Roseanne in the title roles. Alan Menken provides some of the songs.

Either that, or Jim's website accidently tuned into 1993.

Jim seems stoked (not that that means much in and of itself)................but what buzz, if any, has AV heard about Range?

As for me, I'll withhold judgement until I see some previews. Roseanne the cow isn't something that appeals to me in animation any more than it has in real life to this point. I know, I know - that was an insensitive and mean comment....................but Roseanne and her personality, demeanor, and antics have never appealed to me. Perhaps I should have done as many think Al Franken should have, and left the size satire out ;). Anywho, we all know that the success of an animated feature is largely dependant upon the appeal of it's characters and I wonder if a lead character people identify with Roseanne and get it done. I hope it does. Cuba Gooding, Jr is a funny guy and having Menken on board for the music is a plus.

I don't know DK, Roseanne playing a cow ? Isn't there a movie term for this ? Art imitating life...something like that.

OK, this thread reminds me of a question that I keep meaning to ask. I've noticed that a number of folks around here don't think much of what he { Jim Hill}, says. Doesn't a lot of what he claims is going to happen eventually happen?. I haven't been following him for a real long time, but, when I go over his archives, things he says, although thay may take a while, do eventually happen. Am I wrong, and would anyone care to elaborate? Thanks!

The movie -

Check out http://www.animated-movies.net/HomeOnTheRange.html for about as much coverage as I've found on this on-again, off-again movie. This production has been killed more times than a actor at the 'Indiana Jones Stunt Show' and has basically lived on because it's simply too expensive now just to write off.

Just remember a simple rule: Lilo and Nemo were made far away from Burbank - Atlantis and Treasure were made close to Burbank.

Sweatin' Bullets was made across the street from Eisner's office.

Also remember that Disney's relationship with Rosanne was destroyed this summer over her quickly canned "reality show" and the never aired 'Home Godess' fiasco that was to have been a major part of ABC and ABC Family. One wonders how willing she'll be to push this film (that is if that haven't redone her voice as well).

Jim Hill -

Disney is a massive corporation with lots of people that see on a fraction of what's going on. A corporation changes its mind all the time (within minutes usually - witness 'Soaring Over Budget Cuts' coming soon to Epcot). What was true when some told Jim Hill about could have already been cancelled or changed a thousand times before it ever appears.

Typically the "everything he says is wrong" line is used to dismiss what people don't what to hear.

That being said, I have noticed that since Mr. Hill has begun trying to make money off his website he's looking more and more at only the bright side of life and downplaying everything else. His article about Home is an example.

The writer of the e-mail that is the basis of the article just happened to be waiting to pick up their childern when a women just happened to stop by their car and just happened to offer the tipster free tickets to a special screening. And magically, it's the very same movie the tipster happened to (a direct quote) "First, let me say I have been following the stories about "Home on the Range" for the past two years and I heard all the discussions concerning the voice talents and story line changes. "

This person happened to randomly get a golden ticket to a movie that no one else had really heard of yet that they had been following for two years?!

The tipster must have been very kind to the Movie Fairies.

What recent Disney movie didn't have story problems? One would think that they'd be much better off purchasing completed scripts than to try to pull something out of their own animated feature construction kit (tm), rework it three or four times, and then cover the story weaknesses up with an army of sidekicks whose farting, burping, and "what I am saying was kewl to a 12-year old back when we recorded this" are starting to get quite old. From the trailers, it seems as if Brother Bear certainly fits the above description.

Those may be strong words, but it really does seem that the animation department (whatever is left of it) is flying blind right now for some strange reason, although (unless I am mistaken) many of the major names that were responsible for the hits of the early 90s are still there.

So where is the outrage that I saw when someone called Rush fat? I guess that it will have to come from me this time. By the way, Roseanne has lost a lot of weight from what I understand.

As for Roseanne playing the part, I saw plenty of people expressing doubt about Ellen DeGeneres playing a part in Nemo. I won't assume that this has anything to do with female performers though because some people said that they doubted that Johnny Depp could carry a pirate movie too.

My point is that you never really know particularly when it comes to voices, do you?

witness 'Soaring Over Budget Cuts' coming soon to Epcot
I almost overlooked this line. AV?

So where is the outrage that I saw when someone called Rush fat?
Now simmer down there PG ;). Heck, I pretty much only made the satirical comment I did because of that other thread :). I will say that Roseanne, IMHO, is open to such satire because she herself has used her weight to bolster her notariety - even using it in her own humor at times.
I saw plenty of people expressing doubt about Ellen DeGeneres playing a part in Nemo.
Hey, I was one of those people and I'm glad to say that I was pleasantly surprised. I thought Dory was the funniest character in the movie and her voiced lent itself to the way they wrote the character. I hope the same hapens with Roseanne, but it doesn't change the fact that most her her humor and comic "talent" have never appealed to me.
I almost overlooked this line. AV?
I, too, saw AV's line. However (no offense to you AV) IMHO AV's not-so-cryptic-anymore one line planted prognostications have lost a bit of their lusture as of late. If there are no Soarin' announcements tomorrow or Thursday during the media blitz I'll believe that Soarin' has been grounded, but until then..............

Hey Mr Kidds, all is fair when it comes to chubby celebrities. :)

I can very well understand doubting Roseanne's ability to provide a good speaking part for a Disney character. But someone had to jump in on the weight issue. I really liked the old Roseanne show because her rather tacky attitude fit her character so well. However, I wonder what kind of character would suit her in an animated film?

As for any Soarin' cutbacks, maybe the show will now be presented in the Sounds Dangerous sound booths. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter