Jill & Co's Trip Report parts 3,4 & 5

jillrobinson

DIS Veteran
DLRP Trip Report Day 3 Monday

Started the day with the short walk down to Cafe Mickey for our 9.30 Character Breakfast, it was a little warmer today, all the usual buffet food with the addition of sausage, bacon,eggs and potatoes. Again lots of characters present.

We decided that we'd spend a day in the Studios Park and headed straight for the RocknRoller coaster, I was starting to regret having the cooked breakfast now, but I'd promised I'd ride it and couldn't chicken out. It was a walk-on me, DH and both DS's went first. Whilst I can appreciate the detailing in the waiting areas there are times when I'd just like to get on and go seeing the previous cars leave didn't do me any favours, DH who's a bit of a music fan liked the memorablia personally I was just wondering if this was really for me. Anyway can't let the troops down and it was soon our turn I sat next to Liam, this was his first big coaster and he was keen. As we blasted off and boy it goes fast I heard a little voice say "Mum I don't like it" - managing to prize my fingers off my own safety harness I put one hand over his in the hope this would reassure him a bit. To be honest I didn't think it was too bad and I'd probably do it again, but for Liam's sake I was glad when it was over, having watched a video of it I knew it only lasts about a minute. We got off in one piece and went to have a look at the photo, the only one who looked to be really screaming was me! Liam was actually smiling. We bought the photo because he said he was never going on it again. Rob & Jamie went straight back on with Ann & Matt and I took the little ones over to the Chicken Little set to see Abby Mallard.

We did the Studio Tram Tour - last time we did it it was freezing cold, sleeting and it broke down several times, but we thoroughly enjoyed it this time. Then it was time for the Stunt Show, and we did all the usual things Flying Carpets, Art of Animation and Animagique. Jamie wanted to try Cyberspace Mountain and I warned everyone that we had to do the TV production tour first. When we got to the Games room though we found the door was open so we could just have walked in that way. Jamie did his Roller Coaster and DH accompanied him, I don't like Simulators at all. DH said he was slightly concerned that Jamie's coaster rated a 5, having seen the face of the previous "designer" when he came out of the simulator, whose coaster rated at 2. It was great fun watching them ride the simulator on the screens in the room and they both got off and said it wasn't too bad. There are some cool games in here for younger kids, and Liam and Jessie had lots of fun trying them out.

We had decided that we would eat early at the Rainforest Cafe, so we made our way over and had no problem getting a table, it was about 5.30. The menu looked good and the food when it arrived was beautifully presented and smelt lovely. Now where I come from 1 hole in a condiment jar = salt, several holes = pepper, not so in the Rainforest Cafe having liberally covered my Rasta Pasta with salt and Liam's chips with pepper, with the first mouthful I realised my mistake, Liam was by now complaining that I'd put pepper on his chips - to you or I not much but to him his dinner was ruined, luckily Jamie stepped in insisting on swapping his fries because he likes pepper and I thought we were sorted albeit I was having trouble eating my salty pasta. After a few minutes I noticed Liam still wasn't eating and then he said those fateful words "Mum I feel sick" which translates as "Mum I'm about to throw up right now", a quick look around and I realise we're at the opposite end of the restaurant to the Toilets, there are people eating at all the tables around us so I decide we're going to have to run for it and we almost made it, but not quite before Liam's tummy got the better of him. Luckily the family at the nearby table were English with 2 young children and the mum was wonderful rushing to get me serviettes and calling a waitress, but I was mortified and could've sunk through the floor. After a quick clean up in the loo - Liam wanted to go back to the hotel, bless him, he was as embaressed about it as I was, we decided to all go back to the hotel and made a hasty exit. If by any chance any of you were in the restaurant we apologise profusely. Beautiful setting though and we did manage to catch one tropical storm.
Back at the hotel he was ill once more and then fell asleep, it was still early, so Jamie and I went for a wander through the village where he spent some of his birthday money and we bought a natty pair of Goofy PJ's for Liam. I had promised myself a copy of "From Sketch to Reality" and was surprised to see it at 100 euros in english or 60 euros in french, this seemed a trifle unfair so I questioned the shop assistant on it, who explained the english version was a special edition, I toyed with the idea of buying the french one and learning the language, even more so when I saw they had a copy with a torn fylcover for 25 euros but decided against it and I couldn't warrant spending £75 on a book, could I ? I resigned myself to keeping a watchful eye on Ebay. We caught the shuttle back to the hotel and had a wander around the front of the hotel, then decided to call it a day.

Trip Report Day 4 Tuesday

Had our GMF breakfast at Bella Notte, the first time we've been in this restaurant and it's very pretty, Liam refused to eat anything and I wasn't sure whether he was still feeling a bit dodgy or was afraid of a repeat of last night. We came out and straight onto IASW and then onto the Storybook ride which we hadn't done before but we all loved it, those miniature scenes are so detailed and we enjoyed guessing what fairytale they were, although none of us had heard of Night on Bald Mountain. We did the Teacups and Dumbo, then onto POTC and a wander around Skull Rock and the caves and we found the pirates treasure for the first time. Then it was over to Frontierland for our favourites BTM and PM and we listened to the heartbeating grave. We had lunch booked at Auberge de Cendrillon so wandered back over to Fantasyland and went for a look around the castle, I do love the stained glass windows and I pointed out the changing window (another of the little details I'd found out about from this forum).
Of all the restaurants we ate in I have to say Auberge de Cendrillon was my least favourite, I'd booked it particularly for Jessie but apart from the paintings on the wall I found the whole atmosphere to be rather starchy and adult orientated, added to which our hostess was miserable, perhaps she was having a bad day, but I think at Disney you notice it more than you would anywhere else.
The starters were lovely I tried a little bit of everything and it was delicious, for main course I'd ordered salmon, everyone else went for steak (at an additional cost to the set menu price) and I wished afterwards I had too. The salmon was very nice but it was served on a bed of rice ( I hate rice) and the vegetable accompaniement consisted of 1 cooked tomato and 6 green beans, I was glad I'd eaten so much of the starter.
Dessert selection as always was fantastic and had what looked like an English Birthday cake with pink icing, and jelly hearts decoration with Cinderella and her prince in the centre, Victoria sponge inside, Jessie, Liam and I had 2 pieces each.
The meal was the cheapest we had in the park, but myself I think it would be much nicer if they changed it to a character meal with the princesses/princes I'd be happy to pay extra for that.

The others wanted to go over to Discoveryland, which we hadn't visited yet and ride Star Tours, another one I don't like so Jessie and I found a seat opposite the Winnie the Pooh stage to watch the parade. Luckily there was still plenty of space in the front row for Jessie and a French couple budged up so that I could sit on the end of the 3rd row to keep an eye on her. Whilst waiting for the parade the CM's are very strict and will not allow adults in the first 2 rows, this tends to mean they stay fairly empty as most parents want to keep their children close by. But just before the parade starts the CM's remove the Reserved signs - be ready to move because it's a free for all. There was a large space by Jessie so I sat by her, she once again loved it and her and the little girl next to her were up and dancing stopping only to wave at the Princesses.

We walked back to Discoveryland to find that the others had done most of the rides and Rob and Matt were on Space Mountain M2 - now I didn't do the first SM and had made up my mind to do this one, until they got off and Matt said "That's a proper roller coaster", what you mean RnR wasn't ? I'm afraid to say I couldn't pluck up enough courage to ride SM after that.

We made out way back to the village for Buffalo Bill at 6.30 - we were blue team this time and our clown was a star. We didn't really eat much of the meal, I think we were all still full from lunch but the show as always was great fun although we didn't win.
Afterwards we did some shopping and then called in at the Fisherman's Wharf for cocktails before turning in.

DLRP Trip Report Day 5 Wednesday

Cafe Mickey again this morning for our Character breakfast, DH had obviously caught Liam's bug and stayed at the hotel. We had planned to go to Sealife today, but with DH back at the hotel I didn't fancy finding the way there and back on my own and the others wanted to spend some more time in the park. Jamie was a bit disappointed, but I said we'd visit Sealife in the UK in the summer so he perked up and we went and had a look in Planet Hollywood, we hadn't been able to fit a meal in here but the boys wanted to see the Terminator suit. Me and the boys wandered over to Discoveryland for a ride on Autopia, another new one for us, not tremendously exciting but good fun. The park was reasonably quiet and we spent a few hours going from land to land doing rides here and there. By lunchtime DH was feeling a bit better and he met up with us for the Lion King Show.
Then over to Adventureland where Ann had spotted the Alice in Wonderland dress for 25euros it was 40euros everywhere else in the park. We decided to ride Indiana Jones and I couldn't believe how tame it was, last time Jamie and I rode, it was running backwards and it ranks as one of the worse rides I've ever been on, forwards however, it's quite enjoyable even the loop didn't bother me.
We watched the parade again at Central Plaza this time and then made our way to Annette's for a very late lunch, early dinner, Rob couldn't face anything so there was just the 6 of us.
The meal was good as usual and we got a special visitor when The KING himself walked through the door, resplendent in a pink and gold lame suit, despite several requests he didn't oblige the diners with a song, but stopped off at all the tables for a chat. In honour of his presence we decided to go for broke and have "The Elvis" dessert, in fact we decided to have 2 to share, needless to say we couldn't finish either of them.
Eurodisney2006210.jpg

Feeling rather full we went back to the NPB, I wanted to make a start on the packing and promised the children a swim in the pool. I realised rather soon after starting to fill the suitcases that with all the goodies the children had bought with their Birthday money we were going to need another bag, so I went down to the hotel shop & bought some souveniers and gifts and a large holdall.
When I got back to the room the boys were both asleep, so I decided to forget the swimming and finish packing. Jamie woke briefly feeling ill and then an hour or so later I felt my tummy start to churn. Definately some sort of bug as Ann & Matthew were also feeling poorly.
We all had an early night and I hoped we'd be feeling better by the morning.

jillrobinson said:
, but myself I think it would be much nicer if they changed it to a character meal with the princesses/princes I'd be happy to pay extra for that.
That is a wonderful idea. :thumbsup2

I really enjoyed reading that Jill. So sorry about Liam being ill, then the rest of you.:sad2:
Looking forward to reading about your last day. :goodvibes

Wow - that Elvis dessert!!!! :earseek: :teeth:

What a shame you all going down with a bug. :grouphug: I can certainly sympathise with children being sick in DLP! :worried:

What a shame about the tummy-bugs:( I read on another board that a whole family came back with tummy-bugs so definitely something running it's course through the park. I hope it didn't ruin the holiday for you.

We were at Buffalo Bills on Tuesday - though I have to say that the GREENS are best. Actually the blues and greens seemed to be the biggest and loudest cheerers - the yellows and reds were a right bunch of wet blankets and didn't shout nearly loud enough :rotfl:

We didn't realise the Storybook ride was open - would definitely have given it a go if we knew. And Autopia was popular with mine too:)

Quack said:
We were at Buffalo Bills on Tuesday - though I have to say that the GREENS are best. Actually the blues and greens seemed to be the biggest and loudest cheerers - the yellows and reds were a right bunch of wet blankets and didn't shout nearly loud enough :rotfl:

Were you at the 6.30 show ?
You might have won but our clown was definately the wackiest :crazy:
loved the bit where he crept over to the Green side and then ran along the lines knocking everybody's hats off :rotfl2:

I read about the illness on another forum too, probably was something going through the park, it wasn't too bad in fact - it came on really quickly, but once you'd been sick, sorry, although your tummy didn't feel quite right there weren't any other symptoms and it didn't affect our days too much. In actual fact I had my suspicions that DH was only so ill as he'd
had his beer refilled so many times at the BB show ;)

I felt so sorry for Liam, but like most parents we have been there before.. aren't kids great at bouncing back :)

Smashing report. That desert :thumbsup2

LOL your clown was pretty wacky!!! Yes we were at the 6.30 show too:) It was so much fun and DH and I were SO loud LOL. Only downside was the food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter