Jiko vs Citricos for Foodies???

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by WDWFANCBIIIME, Jul 18, 2013.

1. MSLRAC

MSLRAC DIS Veteran

Agreed! We really like both and usually book both during our trips but if I had to pick between the two, I'd go with Jiko because it is so unique and we can't get anything remotely close to it at home.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. EspositoScoresOTR

EspositoScoresOTR Mouseketeer

Haha, awesome use of Princess Bride quotes right there.

4. Tinkfan10

Tinkfan10 Mouseketeer

I love blogs to see how different everyone's experiences are. I wish our experience at Jiko was like what others had but it was the worst meal of our trip. My husband and I are foodie type people and we expected to be blown away, not only was the service horrible but I have had better food at restaurants back home. The OP had said the plan is for multiple courses 4-5 and that is 100% Citricos. I agree that French dining is not isolated to Disney but for the foodie and fine dining experience I would stay away from Jiko. That being said I think it should be noted that for the foodie and to get the flare of the Animal Kingdom lodge a meal at Boma should be added. It is a buffet and laid back but WOW, so unique and amazing in the food and flavor. Just remember the number one rule of the Dis, what one person loves another won't and for every bad experience or review there are double making up for it with great reviews. It is all in the personal expectations and tastes of the diner. :thumbsup2

5. the who #3

the who #3 DIS Veteran

i say jiko's. i love everything about it.:thumbsup2

i have had several bad experiences at citrico's, but my first meal there was fantastic. others tell me they have always had great meals there.

6. princesslilobess

princesslilobess Earning My Ears

I've eaten at Jiko multiple times, and only once at Citricos. I enjoyed the food at both, but I give the edge to Jiko for its atmosphere, and their food for my husbands and my tastes. If there is any way to try both I would do it, but if not I don't think you would be disappointed either way.

7. starousse

starousse DIS Veteran

I'd say Jiko.