Jiko vs Citricos for Foodies???

WDWFANCBIIIME

DIS Veteran
Just what the title says Jiko vs Citricos for two young adults who are very much foodies???

Atmosphere

Food

Service

Overall???

We will order at least 4 or 5 courses too and plan on having a couple hour meal:thumbsup2

I have been to both but would love some other opinions :)

Atmosphere: Jiko

Food: Citricos

Service: both good, but probably Jiko

Overall: if you can only pick one, it should be Citricos. I have a feeling you'll get more votes for Jiko, but I also think most of the people who vote for Jiko have never been to Citricos. Citricos is the better fine dining experience.

although I have never done citricos, I can promise you that Jiko is awesome in every sense of the word

if you get the wine cellar room( not sure of the official name of it) it is a little smaller and mostly closed off from the general noise and bustle of the rest of the restaurant while still allowing you to see out into it.

the wine list alone is worth the trip.....

although for the penultimate meal..

Victoria and Alberts, hands down

Been to each of these 6 times. I think the appetizers are better at Jiko but the entrees are better at Citricos. Overall service and dining experience is better at Citricos. If you want to do wine, go to Jiko.

I'm not a big dessert eater but out of the ones I have tried, Citricos were better.

We have eaten at both several times - both are wonderful! I think that the entrees are better at Citricos. Having to make a choice I would go to Citricos.

Citricos. Better food. And I rather like the "open kitchen" they have.

If you wander up the chefs will be happy to show you what's cooking and also recommend something.

Citricos. Better food. And I rather like the "open kitchen" they have.

If you wander up the chefs will be happy to show you what's cooking and also recommend something.

Interesting. Doesn't Jiko have an "open kitchen" as well? The Cooking Place?

Jiko is my favorite. I've only been to Citricos once, though. I think my expectations for it may have been too high after all I had read about it from users here whose opinions I respect and whose tastes are similar to mine.

I will say that I think a big part of my preferring Jiko to Citricos is how we dine. We would much rather have cocktails and share several appetizers than tuck in to an entree-sized portion. Jiko's appetizers are really outstanding.

If you can only pick one I could go with Jiko because I have never been anyplace else like it. While Citricos is good, it is not unique.

although for the penultimate meal..

Victoria and Alberts, hands down

I do not think that word means what you think it means. :rotfl:

Sorry, when I read that, Inigo Montoya immediately sprang into my head.

OP, if you want to go to one of these places and have a full 3 or 4 course meal, then I think that Citricos would come out on top. But I agree that if you are more inclined to drinks and appetizers, Jiko would probably have the edge. We love both of them, but tend to prefer Citricos.

My H and I have eaten at both but continue to return to Jiko every trip because it is one of a kind. We've never had a bad meal there, service is always spot on, and the menu choices straddle the line of exotic but still being familiar.

I can't recommend Jiko enough.

Just what the title says Jiko vs Citricos for two young adults who are very much foodies???

Atmosphere

Food

Service

Overall???

We will order at least 4 or 5 courses too and plan on having a couple hour meal:thumbsup2

I have been to both but would love some other opinions :)

I like both, but I think Citricos is the better all around restaurant. Citricos is not well known so I get the impression that they are like that old commercial about Avis being #2 and trying harder. They seem legitimately interested in providing a great meal experience to their guests.

I much prefer Jiko to Citricos in all aspects. Jiko has excellent food, with a wide variety of choices. The appetizers are very good; some have an interesting twist. I especially like the Inguday Tibs in Brik. For the entrees, the filet mignon is very good. For dessert, the One Last Cup is cute and tasty. I also have to say that the Kenyan Coffee Creme Brulee is very good (and I don't like creme brulee normally). The service has been very good. For the atmosphere, I like the look the restaurant (kind of the darker side, with pretty wall murals) and it tends to be on the quieter side. There is a chef's showplace, where the flatbreads and other oven fired items are cooked. The main kitchen is out of sight. After dinner, you can walk around AKL and enjoy the resort.

I've only been to Citricos once and it was not a very good experience. I always say that I'd like to go back one more time, but it's hard to risk having another dinner there when there are so many other places that I know are good. The food at Citricos was pretty good (when it finally arrived and after it was sent back for being cold). The open kitchen is fun to watch, but not fun to sit anywhere near. Very noisy; you can hear the chefs calling out orders, the pots clanking, etc. The server was pretty good and seemed to know the menu pretty well.

We love both restaurants, but if we had to choose one it would be Citricos based on their food. Service is excellent in both restaurants. If you go to Jiko ask if you can sit at one of Ron's tables. At Citricos they took a two man team serving approach similar to the cruise ships. We enjoyed our two servers, but I don't remember their names. We give Jiko the edge on atmosphere. AKL is a treat to visit, but we stay there quite often and can see it at other times. Whatever you decide you should have a wonderful dining experience. Have fun!

Jiko, hands down. The atmosphere is fantastic, the service top-notch and the food incredible. It was the best meal of our trip last year, and the one we still talk about most frequently. If I had a complaint at all, the tables are a bit close, and if you have especially loud neighbors, it can be hard to ignore them.

Citricos was good, but it wasn't outstanding or particularly memorable; really it wasn't anything I couldn't have gotten at any decent restaurant anywhere in the country, and the atmosphere was lacking. The only atmospheric plus imo was being able to partially see the fireworks from our table, if we craned our necks.

Bottom line, I can't wait to go back to WDW so we can dine at Jiko again, while we probably won't ever bother with Citricos again.

We've never been to Jiko but we went to Citricos for my birthday in June. We thought it was amazing. I have 12+ food allergies and the chef was wonderful and the steak was melt in your mouth great. Our server was very attentive and overall just a wonderful meal.

I ate at both places in January and I'd visit Jiko again in a heartbeat. I'd have to be convinced to give Citricos another shot. It was good but not great and didn't make any particular impression.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter