Jiko:The Cooking Place - Vote Here

Jiko:The Cooking Place - Rated

• Excellent - Would Recommend it to others.

• Good - I would consider going back again.

• Average - Not anything to tell the neighgbors about.

• Poor - I wouldn't take my dog to eat there.

Results are only viewable after voting.

rer1972

DIS Veteran
I have trouble sorting through all the reviews and opinions on restaurants at WDW. I thought everyone could vote for individual restaurants, and post reasons why they did or didn't like it. We'll see how this works.:thumbsup2

Date: November 2004
Meal: Excellent - (I didn't like the tamales so the waiter offered to get me something else.) Maize & Sweet Potato "Tamales", Kalamata Olive Flat Bread, Oak Grilled Filet Mignon, Flourless Chocolate-Mocha Cake Stack, Diet Coke
Service: Excellent - Waiter was really good. He explained all our food to us, and offered a replacement when I didn't enjoy it.
Outcome: Excellent - I really enjoyed the atmosphere (nice views and decorations), the food was different and very good, and the service was also great.

Its always been amazing, every time we have gone, food, service and wine. That being said, I know the Chef is leaving soon, so I am not sure how they will affect the quality....

Jiko is our favorite place to dine along with California Grill. We have dined here every year since 2001 and loved it every time.

Jiko is our favorite place to dine along with California Grill. We have dined here every year since 2001 and loved it every time.

Ditto. We rank Jiko's as #1 and California Grill as a very very close #2.

The filet mignon is excellent- always done perfectly. I love the coffee bbq chicken flatbread and look forward to that dish on every trip. Pistachio creme brulee is to die for.

It's currently my favorite. The food is diving & so is the wine. I could eat there every night of our trip if my family would indulge me.

Party of 6, myself & my sister in our early 50's, 4 of our kids 16-24, the Tuesday before Thanksgiving 2006. The 3 boys had the beef, short ribs, mac n cheese, potatoes(in various combinations) and loved their food. I had the scallops & they were horrible, just like rubber, my sister had some fish which ws just okay & my daughter who is a vegetarian & the whole reason we went to Jiko had several of the vegetarian selections and hated them all, said they were very boring with little flavor. Our biggest problem was the service. We were seated promptly. Our waiter seemed to care the most about getting us to purchase wine with dinner. The appetizers & main courses came out in good time, but after that the waiter literally disappeared for over an hour. Have no idea if he cared if we liked any of our food at all. We finally flagged down some other waiter & asked for desserts to go because we had already been there over 3 hours!!! We had plans for the evening which we had to cancel.

The food was excelent ,wine list extensive all in all it was a do over for next trip.Did I hear that the chf was leaving for TGI fridays ,i know the resteraunt needs help but what a lose for Jiko :scared1:

It is one of my favorites. :thumbsup2

We like sitting at the cooking place (food bar) and watching the chefs make the appetizers.

Just made reservations for Jiko for during our visit in October. That night my older son, who is 4 is going to Simba's Clubhouse, and the 1 1/2 year old will be dining with us. Is this a no no at this restaurant?:scared:

Ate there the night before departing on our 2005 cruise. From our TR:

Luckily, we had early reservations at Jiko that night. The place was packed. Long stretches of time elapsed between visits from our overworked and distracted server. Sean dined on filet, while Christine had braised lamb shank.

The service was poor. Our server had a table of 16 or so, our table, and another table of 2. The needs of the 16 outweighed the needs of the 2x2. Perhaps assistance should've been provided to him. My steak was one of the worst filets I've eaten when out. Laced throughout with an above-average quantity of unedible/tough parts.

So, in our unscientific sample:
n (number of visits) =1, p>0.05 (greater than 5% chance that the result is due to chance). As a result, I see us trying it again someday. But we'll try Boma first before going back to Jiko.

PaDC

ps-missing you Ronnie, from our cruise thread. We'll leave a light on, so you can find your way home.

Just made reservations for Jiko for during our visit in October. That night my older son, who is 4 is going to Simba's Clubhouse, and the 1 1/2 year old will be dining with us. Is this a no no at this restaurant?:scared:
You will be fine. We took both of daughters there without issue..the youngest was only 2yo her first time at Jiko.

Visited as a couple while there was hardly anyone there.

We shared the Taste of Africa appetizer.... the 3 spreads with different types of breads for dipping. Completely delectable.

I ordered the Cucumber, Red Onion, and Tomato salad and he had the Green Asparagus Soup... both amazingly simple, yet delicious.

As entrees, I had the excellent Tanglewood Chicken and he ordered the Lake Victoria Perch, which I believe is no longer on the menu. We were both very pleased with our meals to say the least! For dessert, we shared the flourless chocolate mocha cake stack.

I am a total foodie and love to eat and review restaurants/ foods, and my experience at Jiko rates in the top 5 dining experiences of all time!

Jiko is my favorite restaurant on WDW property, although the CG is a close second. I love the atmosphere and the service. The food is unique and the wine list is great. I love their appetizers, any of their fish dishes (they tend to be prepared perfectly), the filet with macaroni and cheese, and the pistachio creme brulee. My family has an ADR here in October, and I can't wait!

We enjoy Jiko, but we don't LOVE it. I think it is a little overhyped for us. The filet with the mac & cheese was tasty, but we actually prefer the filets at CA Grill and Le Cellier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!