Jiko Cooking Place

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by donaldtutter, Nov 7, 2008.

1. donaldtutter

donaldtutter DIS Veteran

Sep 5, 2004
    If anyone has eaten at the Cooking Place counter in Jiko, I would appreciate hearing your thoughts. TIA:)
  2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Disneyfriend

Disneyfriend DIS Veteran

Feb 11, 2001
    We just ate there last week for the first time, and liked it so much we tried to go again the following night!

The restaurant is very pretty - service good - and everything we tasted was either very good or excellent.

Between the two of us, we had corn soup and BBQ chicken flatbread for appetizers, oak-grilled filet with mac-n-cheese for an entree (yum!), and chocolate cheesecake/lavendar ice cream plus pistachio creme brulee for dessert. The tastes were slightly unusual without being too "out there".

I would say that unless you like REALLY plain "meat and potatoes" type American food then you should go for it. It's one of our new favorite restaurants at WDW. :thumbsup2
  4. monami7

monami7 DIS Veteran

Jun 29, 2003
    We just decided to try it in Jan! I am excited to hear about it!!!
  5. kato0627

kato0627 DIS Veteran

Sep 21, 2005
    One of our favorite WDW restaurants. Definitely worth the cost. It is a little inconvient to get to if you are not staying at AK. We usually take the bus and cab it home.
    Have a great time!!!
  6. BillSears

BillSears DIS Veteran

Mar 1, 2003
    It's been a couple of years since I've eaten there but I loved it. It was really cool to watch the chefs make all of the appetizers. I traveled solo on that trip and was able to talk a bit with the chefs. :thumbsup2

I'll be heading back to Jiko in March and I really hope I'll be able to sit at the counter again.