JetBlue Question

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by kcsuk, Sep 20, 2009.

1. kcsuk

kcsuk Earning My Ears

We are from the midwest and JetBlue is not a carrier here. We are heading to Cancun for a buisness conference at the end of January. We can take Southwest airlines to Orlando and stay a few days at WDW (my idea) and take JetBlue to Cancun and then take it back to Orlando, and stay another night or two at WDW.Is JetBlue reliable? They have a direct flight from MCO to Cancun and back. Do they cancel flights easliy or make many changes? SW is so reliable. I would appreciate ant comments on the airline. Thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. kaytieeldr

kaytieeldr Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - b

JetBlue is extremely reliable. No airline cancels or changes flights just because they feel like it. Every plane that lands somewhere then needs to transport new passengers to some location. Cancelling a flight sends ripples of difficulty throughout the entire airline.

When I have encountered 'issues' with JetBlue, they've been readily resolved (except that they won't give me True Blue miles for my luggage that travelled about 50% farther than I did one trip ;)).

4. bumbershoot

bumbershoot DIS Veteran

The service is good.

For us, the two flights we took (one roundtrip)...a couple of the employees weren't so great, but we did get there on time and safely.

How unreasonable of them! Did they at least offer to give your luggage the miles? :3dglasses;)

5. kaytieeldr

kaytieeldr Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - b

Doh! I should have posted on the DIS first, before I attempted any compensation! It's too late now - this was December 2007 - but I'll have to remember in case they ever misdirect my luggage again ;)

6. MrsBlovesDisney

MrsBlovesDisney DIS Veteran

We have flown on JetBlue at least 6 or 7 times in the past. Knock on wood we have yet to experience any major problems! The worst thing that ever happened was when we arrived much sooner than planned and had to sit on the tarmac and wait for a jetway to open up (I didn't consider that a problem, yet they gave each of us a voucher for $25.00 for the inconvenience)! :thumbsup2

We have always had excellent flight attendants (many quite funny in fact). We book as soon as dates are published and rarely experience flight time changes!

We LOVE JetBlue!!:)

7. pooh2001

pooh2001 been there, done that, TRYING to go back

Our JetBkue flights are out as well - but I saw the prices and freek out :headache:

Our flight down to MCO from NY (Wednesday) is $229 per person and our flight back on Saturday is $429 per person = $658 round trip :scared1:

Even if we fly a weekday to weekday - it will be $458 round trip:mad:

DH may say NO-GO for our next WDW vacation.

AirTran does not fly out of SWF anymore.
    We do not want to travel to NYC for a flight.
    Our other option would be ALB - maybe SouthWest, but we hate their A-B-C seating rules.

Should we pay the JetBlue outrageous prices ?????

8. bumbershoot

bumbershoot DIS Veteran

I saw your other post, but you wrote it again, so I'll reply....what is it that you *hate* about SW's boarding? It is SO simple. If their rates are that much lower than JB's, just do SW.

Kaytie Kaytie Kaytie...always check here before figuring that your luggage cannot get FF miles. ;)