Jessi & Mike's PJ: 12/12/08 SBP ~OUR INVITATIONS **PICS** 11/12/08 Pg 8~

Jessi -- The dress is gorgeous on you!! Congratulations on finding something so perfect! :cloud9: I'd definitely suggest the hollywood fashion tape -- just a tiny piece of it at the top of the material on your shoulders will keep you from having to fix it all day. :thumbsup2

Jessi you look beautiful and so happy to be in that dress!! I like the tiara too!

I'm going to stop being a lurker. You're dress looks amazing on you. I hope the rest of your wedding is just as beautiful.

Beautiful Dress!! And I really like the tiara too!!

Your MOH dress is adorable too! Very tropical looking.

Okay, here's the problem. I like comfy shoes. :laughing: But, I know that stylish isn't always comfortable. When I was in High School and *ahem* much thinner, I used to wear platform, chunky heels with cute little skirts. I still have some of my shoes and wonder how I danced the night away! :rolleyes1

Here's a pic of me when I was either 17 or 18. I'm on the right in blue. Check out my shoes!! :rotfl:

IMAGE011.jpg

I have sciatica, more specifically, Piriformis syndrome, a high instep and flat feet so I don't wear heels anymore. I tend to wear comfy oxford-type of shoes to work and on the weekends - sneakers, flip-flops or my newly discovered love - Crocs! :lovestruc

Anyway, point is - I wanted to get a low heel for the reasons I mentioned above and because I don't want to be much taller than DF. I contemplated wearing flip-flops but I wanted to feel just a little more glamorous. So, I purchased these two shoes from ShoeBuy.com:

Shoe #1
ColorfulCreations-Prima.jpg

Shoe #2
ColorfulCreations-Sweet.jpg

Everyone likes the Shoe #1 (2" heel), but I feel like my toes are crammed into that narrow toe. Shoe #2 (1 1/2" heel) is more comfortable, but everyone says it's an old lady shoe or ugly. :guilty: I know inevitably, it's my choice, coupled with no one is going to really see them under the dress, but I just feel torn. I haven't worn heels in so long that I'm afraid.

So, then I bought these for around the house in blue - and I was like, maybe I should just wear these in white instead!! :upsidedow

Dearfoams-White.jpg

They're Dearfoam slippers and the most comfortable pair I bought yet! They have memory foam in them and they're more cushy than the last Dearfoam slippers I purchased from Kohl's. :woohoo: They're soooooooooo soft and plush! Love 'em! Check them out if you're in the market for new slippers!

Anyway, what do you ladies think? I know my comfort comes first, but do you have any alternative suggestions? I bet wearing slippers would be kind of tacky, unless they were like ballet slippers or something.

Thanks for listening to me whine a bit here. :lmao:

When I saw both of the shoes - the first thing I thought was that your toes would be squished in Shoe #1 - and then I read what you wrote! I would definitely go with Shoe #2! You could get some little glittery crystals and BLING them up a bit to make them more "princessy" - but like you said - they aren't going to be seen - and you will be comfy! For a long day that's what matters most!

ETA: I forgot to post how much I LOVE your dress! You look fantastic - Excellent Choice!

When I saw both of the shoes - the first thing I thought was that your toes would be squished in Shoe #1 - and then I read what you wrote! I would definitely go with Shoe #2! You could get some little glittery crystals and BLING them up a bit to make them more "princessy" - but like you said - they aren't going to be seen - and you will be comfy! For a long day that's what matters most!

ETA: I forgot to post how much I LOVE your dress! You look fantastic - Excellent Choice!

Thank you SO much!! :hug:

I thought they'd never be done! :rolleyes1 I hired someone to do them for me and they were done much later than we had discussed. But, really - they were moreso for me anyway. :laughing: There's only 14 of us total and everybody already has the date saved so to speak. :thumbsup2

I just thought the idea of magnets was so cute and it'd make a nice memory to have on our fridge. They came out even more beautiful than I imagined!! :lovestruc Look at all the hidden Mickey's she designed for me!!

STDs01.jpg

It's kinda hard to see, but it's double-layered metallic cardstock in our wedding colors. :lovestruc The calendar thingie is the magnet part. I just couldn't believe how great they look! I'll try to take a better picture later so I can show the shimmer paper because the flash ruined the picture. :headache: I'm just soooooooooooooo excited now!!!!! :woohoo:

Other than that, I haven't been doing much in the way of planning! I kinda feel like this is almost too easy! :cool2: I doubt I'll be saying that a few months from now when there's favor drama among other things!! LOL! :lmao:

Edit to add that I wasn't too crazy about how "Most" is on the second line instead of the third, it looks funny. But, when she sent me the preview image with "Most" on the third line with "Magical Place on Earth" it didn't line up right, so. I had to take the lesser of two evils, I suppose. I dunno, do you think it looks funny? I won't be hurt if you guys think so.

Where did you get these? They are awesome!!!

I'm SO happy with how our invitations turned out. Jen is amazingly talented and I'm so glad I hired her to do our invitations. I don't have a creative bone in my body. :lmao:

Here they are! I hope you like them as much as we did. I blacked out parts with our names and addresses. The outside Mickey seal actually had our guest's names printed on them. :goodvibes ..and look at the Mickey crystals!!! I adore them!!!!

DSC02266.jpg

DSC02267.jpg

DSC02268.jpg

DSC02269.jpg

It's hard to see from the pictures - but the cardstock is the same as our Save the Dates that she designed. The white is a beautiful metallic cardstock that really just pops. I absolutely love the Mickey crystals she did, too! :woohoo: They were just more perfect than I could ever imagine!

She printed the envelopes for me as well and I added Disney stamps to the outside. :lovestruc

Congrats!! Your wedding is the day before mine!! (Mine isn't at Disney though- but my honeymoon is).

Everything looks lovely!:goodvibes

YAY! So I just found your PJ and am soooo happy I did! It's almost your wedding! I'm sure you're busy with all the last minute details! I can't wait for your TR because I also plan on using OHana as our reception dinner and would like to do a Grand 1 cruise:banana:! The only difference is our wedding will be 2 years after yours (Dec 10, 2010) and the ceremony will be at Sunset Pointe! Did you get the Grand 1 set for your date? What time will it be at? (I didn't see in your PJ). Also for your O'Hana dinner what time is it? Did you have to go through group dining? Will you be at one table or separate? Did you just do the ADR or have you talked to a manager at the restaurant about it being your reception? Are you doing centerpieces or favors at the restaurant? Sorry so many ?'s... you're just the first I found that has plans so similar to what I'm hoping for:worship:! Congratulations on everything! I'm sure everything will go perfectly! I love :lovestruc everything so far (especially your save-the-dates and invites). And your dress is stunning! I think it looks better on you than in the model picks- no joke it's just perfect! The cap sleeves are gorgeous! You will make a beautiful bride! Can't wait to see pics:woohoo:!

Hey fellow mermaid bride!!! Your wedding came and went and I missed telling you congraulations!!! I hope everything went perfect on your day and that you come back and write a TR soon!

pixiedust: Congrats!!!

:wave2: Are you out there? Do you have your pics yet:confused3 ? We are dying to hear how it went... please start your TR soon:hourglass! Congratulationspixiedust: !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter