*Jeni and Carl's PJ and TR-SBP/CG/Wishes Cruise 8/17/09-UPDATE 8/09 - Discovery Cove*

YAY Another update!!!!

Will the whole family be going back or just the 2 of you?

I've never been to AKL, what are Zebra Domes?

It's just the two of us going back this time - it was nice having the family around but this time we don't have to worry about seeing others at various points - we just have to please ourselves!

Zebra Domes are a sort of chocolate praline dessert, I guess? I'm not really sure how to describe them, but they are delicious! I've never had anything else quite like them.

Another great update. Your room looked amazing and the view very good :)

Sounds like you had a nice relaxing afternoon with tea on the balcony :) Those champagne glasses were really cute and the champagne must have tasted good with your zebra domes :)

Another great update. Your room looked amazing and the view very good :)

Sounds like you had a nice relaxing afternoon with tea on the balcony :) Those champagne glasses were really cute and the champagne must have tasted good with your zebra domes :)

LOL, it did make a very good combination :rotfl::cheer2:

So, with our breakfast set to be delivered at 7.30, our alarm went off at 7.15. Breakfast then arrived right on time, and the CM who delivered it was very friendly. He asked us what we were doing today, and we told him we were going to go and use the pool before we had to check out. He recommended that we should walk across and use the pool at Kidani Villas because it was great, and we were allowed to use both. We thanked him and then took our breakfast out on the balcony to eat while watching the animals wake up. We had ordered a cooked breakfast with orange juice, a big pot of coffee and a pastry basket, which all looked wonderful. We shared the cooked breakfast and then saved most of the pastry basket for later!

IMG_0568.jpg

IMG_0569.jpg

IMG_0570.jpg

IMG_0571.jpg

After eating we slowly got ready to go to the pool, and wandered over to Kidani Villas. It was strange walking around a path that was almost entirely empty! We hardly saw anyone, and there were only a few families using the pool that early. We swam for a bit, and spent a very relaxing 15 minutes in the hot tub, as well as just chilling and looking around the area. We were very impressed with the kids' splash play area, although it only started up (along with the water slide) as we were about to leave.

IMG_0572.jpg

IMG_0573.jpg

IMG_0575.jpg

We went back up to the room and finished packing up our bits and pieces, putting the pastry basket contents safely away!

Random photos on the way out:

IMG_0577.jpg

IMG_0578.jpg

IMG_0579.jpg

We were on the bus by 11am, having opted to do the auto checkout this time, and headed back to POFQ via Animal Kingdom. We were back pretty quickly and, having put our things away again, decided to go back to AK. We were there by 12.30.

IMG_0580.jpg

On our way in we saw the Photopass photographer, and asked him to take the Simba photo for us - it was the only one we hadn't got on our last trip!

Image199.jpg

Image202.jpg

Image206.jpg

Image204.jpg

After this we went to the centralised FP area and picked up FPs for Dinosaur, before exploring some of the trails around the Tree of Life. It was really nice not to feel rushed, and there are some nice cooler areas of shade down there.

IMG_0581.jpg

IMG_0582.jpg

IMG_0583.jpg

IMG_0585.jpg

IMG_0586.jpg

Next we got the train over to Rafiki's Planet Watch and, when we arrived, we sat outside the main building and ate our lunch, which mainly consisted of the leftover pastries and muffins from breakfast :rotfl:

IMG_0594.jpg

IMG_0595.jpg

After lunch we spent some time looking at the indoor exhibits and petting the goats (one of our favourite things at AK!). The crowds seemed much lower than on our previous visit.

IMG_0596.jpg

IMG_0597.jpg

Coming back on the train we decided to go and explore the Pangani Forest Trail - we love looking at the gorillas, and reading all the information that there is to find out about.

IMG_0598.jpg

IMG_0599.jpg

IMG_0601.jpg

IMG_0602.jpg

IMG_0604.jpg

IMG_0606.jpg

IMG_0607.jpg

IMG_0609.jpg

IMG_0610.jpg

When we were done here we saw it was time for our FP for Dinosaur, so went straight there. It seemed darker and scarier, unless I'm just getting jumpier as I get older :rotfl2:

Looking at the time we needed to head back to POFQ as we were going out for dinner with the family, it being Rob and Row's last night. Dad was due to pick us up at 5.30, which he did, right on time! We were supposed to be going to Bob Evans, and we were looking forward to this, as mum had told us good things about the food earlier in the trip. However, Robin changed his mind and we were told we were going to a Black Angus steakhouse. Now, this is my idea of hell, as I don't eat red meat at all! My mum also wasn't looking forward to it. When we arrived there was very little choice for non-meat eaters. When I asked if they offered a veggie burger at all, I was told in a very condescending voice that this was a Steak House, so of course not! Overall, while the meat eaters enjoyed their food, mum and I were not impressed as we ended up with oily margherita pizzas. There wasn't even any chicken as an option! Unfortunately the atmosphere was a little bit sour because of this, which was a shame.

When we were dropped back at POFQ Carl and I got straight on the bus to head to MK for evening EMH. On arriving we got some shots in front of the castle in the dark, because that always makes a great photo!

Image208.jpg

Image211.jpg

After this we went to Toontown as we wanted to ride the Barnstormer for the first time. I'm glad we did, as it will soon be disappearing into a new form with the Fantasyland expansion! In the queue we started to chatting to a really friendly American boy. We talked to him about school and what he wanted to do when he was older. He was riding on his own, and he ws really sweet, probably about 11 or 12 years old.

After the ride we checked the line for the Fairies again but it was still 60 minutes, so instead we walked across to Adventureland to ride the Jungle Cruise. This is always one of our favourites in the dark, and we got a great captain who had lots of fun with the fact that we were newlyweds, which we played along with. Everyone else on the boat seemed to enjoy the banter too :rotfl:

When we got off JC Wishes was just starting, and there was virtually no queue for Aladdin's Flying Carpets, so we decided to ride - it was great to have the fireworks going off in the background! Although we had planned to stay a bit longer, we decided to head back down Main Street, spending about half an hour in the glassware shop, watching the glass being blown, as well as the guy at the back forging swords. We then got to the bus stop just before 11pm, and although the queue seemed really long, we got a seat on the second bus to come along after only 10 minutes :cool1:

Tomorrow - Rob and Row's last day in Florida, at Magic Kingdom and Sweet Tomatoes (again!) :)

Great photos, looks like you had a lovely time.

I love that last photo with the Princess and the Frog border :)

Wow, it seems like the room service was well worth it, the pastries you ate later on looked especially yummy! I've never seen the Simba picture before, that is really cute :simba:

You got some great pictures in front of the castle, I like the new Princess & the Frog borders. We have ridden Dumbo during Wishes and really enjoyed it, so I can imagine that Aladdin's had to have been just as fun pixiedust:

Looking forward to reading more!

Great photos, looks like you had a lovely time.

I love that last photo with the Princess and the Frog border :)

Thanks - I put the Princess and the Frog border on without telling Carl because I thought it would be funny - he said I was cheeky :rotfl:

Wow, it seems like the room service was well worth it, the pastries you ate later on looked especially yummy! I've never seen the Simba picture before, that is really cute :simba:

You got some great pictures in front of the castle, I like the new Princess & the Frog borders. We have ridden Dumbo during Wishes and really enjoyed it, so I can imagine that Aladdin's had to have been just as fun pixiedust:

Looking forward to reading more!

The pastries were great (there were croissants, pain au chocolats, and muffins), and I would definitely have in-room dining as a treat if we stayed at a Deluxe resort again - a real treat!

The Simba photo is one we knew about last time but there were rarely any PP photographers in that area - this time there were always loads :cloud9:

Your pictures are lovely! I have never stayed at the AKL, it looks great, and the room service went over well too. Riding Aladdin's Magic Carpets with wishes in the background must have been great, I will have to try that on my next trip lol good thinking!

Day 14 - part 1

Today was Rob and Row's last day of their holiday, and also the day that mum and dad took their hire car back, while Carl and I picked ours up!

So, we had arranged the day before that the Avis shuttle would come to pick us up from POFQ at 8.30. We got up at 7.15, showered and had breakfast etc. then went to wait out the front of the lobby.

By 8.55 the shuttle still hadn't arrived but mum and dad pulled up as they were checking into POFQ that day. While mum went and waited in the lobby, dad drove us to the Avis rental desk which was at the Hilton on Hotel Plaza Boulevard. Dad went back, and we got to deal with possibly the surliest guy we have ever encountered in the vicinity of Disney! He was awkward when we complained about the shuttle not picking us up, and told him that the staff at POFQ had said they were famous for not arriving on time. He was then getting more and more rude, and almost accused us of lying at one point! Luckily he didn't try and push us to buy any extras, but I took my time reading the small print before I signed, which seemed to annoy him even more!

Eventually we went out into the lot and picked up our car, which was a Chevrolet cobalt in a sort of diamond gold colour. In the end we got back to the resort at about 10am, relieved that we wouldn't have to go back there for another week!

As it was Rob and Row's last day we asked them what park they wanted to spend the morning in, and they chose Magic Kingdom. They had gone to Downtown Disney to check in, and had some issues as Virgin's computer systems were down (again!), causing a long wait despite them having arrived early. Eventually they did get checked in, and we were all able to meet at Toontown just after 10.30. When we got there, Rob and Amelia were just coming off of the Barnstormer, but apparently Milli really didn't like it, bless her!

Next stop was a tour around Mickey and Minnie's houses.

IMG_0613.jpg

IMG_0614.jpg

IMG_0615.jpg

IMG_0616.jpg

IMG_0617.jpg

IMG_0618.jpg

Milli really liked all the interactive bits, and was intrigued by the fridge. The only problem was that another kid nearly shut her in it! Luckily I just about managed to stop him competely squashing her, or I could imagine there would have been a few tears.

IMG_0619.jpg

IMG_0620.jpg

Next we headed into Fantasyland and picked up FPs for everyone on Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. The others all got in the queue for the Tea Party, as I don't ride this - spinning makes me very ill! The queue time said 15 minutes but they got on in less than 10. While we were waiting we saw Alice arrive and choose a child to ride with as well.

IMG_0622.jpg

IMG_0623.jpg

Amelia went in one tea cup with my mum and dad, and Carl went in another cup with Rob, Row, and Joshua. Milli turned their tea cup madly and absolutely loved it, but my mum looked a bit scared, lol!

IMG_0627.jpg

IMG_0631.jpg

While I was waiting for them, a CM had used a mop and water to create a fantastic Mickey head on the ground.

IMG_0621.jpg

After they all came off the ride, Alice was signing autographs, so we got in the very short queue. Alice was lovely, very chatty, and took a lot of time with both me and Amelia!

IMG_0632.jpg

IMG_0633.jpg

IMG_0634.jpg

IMG_0635.jpg

IMG_0636.jpg

IMG_0637.jpg

Hi!!
I've only just found your TR today and I've read the entire thing.. love it!!

I'm another Disney fan from Kent (I grew up in Sevenoaks!) but now live in Surrey :goodvibes

My family's DVC resort is Boardwalk Villas so I always love seeing weddings at SBP!

By the way..

- I nearly cried when I saw those photos of your niece & nephew running to greet Mickey & Minnie!
- M&M's reaction to the glasses breaking is sooo funny!!

- your stay at AKL looks lovely - that's our plan for the first night of our Disneymoon before we set off to Port Canaveral to board the Disney Dream!! It looks like a wonderful resort :goodvibes

luv & pixie dust!

Emma princess: x

Hi!!
I've only just found your TR today and I've read the entire thing.. love it!!

I'm another Disney fan from Kent (I grew up in Sevenoaks!) but now live in Surrey :goodvibes

My family's DVC resort is Boardwalk Villas so I always love seeing weddings at SBP!

By the way..

- I nearly cried when I saw those photos of your niece & nephew running to greet Mickey & Minnie!
- M&M's reaction to the glasses breaking is sooo funny!!

- your stay at AKL looks lovely - that's our plan for the first night of our Disneymoon before we set off to Port Canaveral to board the Disney Dream!! It looks like a wonderful resort :goodvibes

luv & pixie dust!

Emma princess: x

Hi Emma! Thanks for your comments :) How strange that you now live in Surrey - that's where I am originally from!

You will love AKL - it really felt like somewhere we could totally relax, with the privacy of the balcony :D

Day 14 - part 2

IMG_0638.jpg

IMG_0639.jpg

After meeting Alice, Millie decided that she wanted to go on Dumbo again. The queue stated 30 minutes, which I wasn't looking forward to, but Carl and I queued to ride with Amelia. While we were in the queue she had great fun putting on our sunglasses and playing with the mirrors and other interactive elements in the line! In the end we waited for 25 minutes but it felt like longer in the midday heat.

IMG_0640.jpg

IMG_0641.jpg

IMG_0642.jpg

While we were in the queue Rob and Row went back on IASW with my dad - I still can't get over my shock at how much my brother loved this ride!

Next stop was to ride The Many Adventures of Whinnie the Pooh with the FPs from earlier, which Millie and Josh really enjoyed. For lunch we went back to Pecos Bills. As I had made another bagel Carl and I just shared a bowl of chips (French fries!) and then went across to Aloha Isle to get my pineapple Dole Whip float - yum!

By this time it was just after 2 so mum, dad, Carl and I went to get spots in the disabled viewing area while the others went to see the Country Bear Jamboree. While we were waiting my dad and I played a game of quoits, and I tried my hand with a hula hoop - turns out I'm a lot better on the Wii version than doing it in real life :rotfl2: The others joined us about 10 minutes before the parade started and Carl held onto Millie the whole time. Lots of characters said hello, and waved at us, and the kids really enjoyed the parade.

After this we said our goodbyes and wished them a safe flight home before we headed out of the park. At 4.15 we arrived back at POFQ to pick up dad's car, which we returned to the Grovesnor Resort. The only problem with this was that the resort has been renamed, which we didn't know, so we drove past it the first time! Once it was safely back, we had a repeat trip to Sweet Tomatoes for dinner together.

When we returned to POFQ mum and dad headed to their room, while Carl and I took a trip to the arcade. We played a few games, incuding Guitar Hero, where we both made the top scores screens :banana:

Tomorrow: Magic Kingdom photo shoot and La Nouba :goodvibes

Day 15 - part 1

So today was a really exciting day as we were going to be meeting our Disney photographer for photos in the Magic Kingdom - I was especially excited as Carl didn't know we'd asked for special photos by his favourite place - the Partners statue :goodvibes

We got up at 6.30 as we were due to meet by the Rose Garden at 9.15. I have to say, I'm glad we didn't have to get back into all our wedding regalia at this stage - getting ready for this shoot was plenty!

We got to the bus stop at 8.30 and a bus came straight away, meaning we were at MK by 8.45. We stayed over to one side for the opening ceremony and ended up stood next to a CM, who threw our own personal pixie dust over us when the confetti cannons went off - she told us it was for joy and happiness in our married life :cloud9:

Once inside the park we went straight to the Rose Garden. I had decided we should wear our wedding ears as this would make it obvious when the photographer was looking for us. Regina arrived at 9.10 and we headed straight into the business of taking photos. We had a great time with Regina, and she told us all about how she had originally worked as a parade dancer, then she kept seeing the wedding photographers and realised that was what she wanted to do, so she went back to school to retrain. It is obvious that she really loves her job, her passion comes through in the photographs:

PH159550809-0001-1.jpg

PH159550809-0002-1.jpg

PH159550809-0003-1.jpg

PH159550809-0004-1.jpg

PH159550809-0005-1.jpg

PH159550809-0006-1.jpg

PH159550809-0007-1.jpg

PH159550809-0008-1.jpg

PH159550809-0009-1.jpg

PH159550809-0010-1.jpg

PH159550809-0011-1.jpg

PH159550809-0012-1.jpg

PH159550809-0013-1.jpg

PH159550809-0014-1.jpg

PH159550809-0015-1.jpg

PH159550809-0016-2.jpg

PH159550809-0017-1.jpg

so cute!!!! congrats!!! its so funny how the daylight varies so much in the year - it looks like high noon in your pics! :cool2:

Oh wow what an awesome shoot. Some great shots and you guys look so cute :goodvibes You can only get a shoot done in MK if you having a wedding through DFTW right?

Love the shots of Amelia playing in the queue, she looks like she is having the time of her life :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter