*Jeni and Carl's PJ and TR-SBP/CG/Wishes Cruise 8/17/09-UPDATE 8/09 - Discovery Cove*

Scrap_Vamp

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

As I've chosen my dress and bought the bridesmaid's jewellery and dress patterns I figured I should start a planning journal!

Not much to say at the moment except that Carl and I have been together for 4 years this month and he proposed to me in our resort hotel room on a Christmas trip to Disneyland Paris :lovestruc

We've both been lucky enough to have made Disney trips with our families in the past and we celebrated our 2nd anniversary at WDW in April/May 2006, staying at POFQ. We fell in love with the resort, and we experienced some wonderful treatment from CMs when they realised it was a special occasion.

We talked, half-jokingly, about a Disney wedding for a while, and eventually made the decision based on the fact that we will save huge amounts of money compared with standard UK wedding prices. At the moment we have only invited immediate family - Carl's parents, my parents, my brothers and SILs, plus their children (niece and 2 nephews).

We will be staying at POFQ, and marrying at SBP. We are aiming for August 17th at 5pm but can be flexible. We're also talking to Randy Chapman at the moment and trying to put down a deposit if the relevant email ever gets to him (I blame Carl's work server, *** he's sending it from work!)!

And finally, I am a scrapbooker so if there are any other scrappers who would like to share their work (I have a whole load of Disney LOs!) then I'm happy to post a link to my Flickr gallery :)

Things Completed:
- Dress (ordered and deposit paid)
- My shoes
- My bag - need a new one as it clashes with the dress!
- My Jewellery
- Carl's shirt
- Carl's shoes
- Randy Chapman booked and deposit paid
- Bridesmaids' jewellery
- Bridesmaids' outfit patterns (need to get material asap!!) - material now bought :thumbsup2
- Planner assigned
- Music chosen
- Patricia Lejeune booked and deposit paid
- Teresa Knox booked and deposit paid
- Cake chosen for Disney and at home
- Favours decided
- Main group meals booked
- Wishes fireworks cruise booked
- Bridesmaid and flower girl outfits complete
- Wedding dress alteratiosn complete and now at home

Many thanks, guys :)

I'm off to a colleague's wedding today, so I'm definitely in the wedding spirit!

Well, I finally have an update to add!

Randy Chapman has received our forms so we are pencilled in with him for August 17th 2009 at SBP :cool1:

Now I only have to wait another 4 months before I can book it with Disney! Fingers crossed there'll be no problems with the date :) princess:

Hi Jen and fellow scrapper, congratulations! Randy is brilliant to work with and such a nice man.

I decided to start scrapping to do one for us and my parents of our wedding but haven't done my first page yet. I'm going to do pages mainly to practice so I can do a good job on the wedding ones. I've laid out my design for a dog page (our best friend in the world is my parent's black labrador) but haven't started it yet - hopefully will this weekend.

I'd love to see your designs if you can send me the link. I'll send you a picture of my first page when it's done!

Hey there :D

I'm always pleased to meet a fellow scrapper - I've been doing it for 3 and a half years now and have made some great friends through the hobby :thumbsup2

Here is a link to my gallery on Flickr - if you sign up and add me as a friend, I can do the same if you showcase your LOs :)

OK, I figured it was time for an update as I haven't added to my PJ in ages!

DF, his best man and my dad have got their linen shirts. In fact, my dad has sorted his whole outfit! My mum has bought three dresses which she noow aims to slim into, so we'll see how she goes!

Aside from that we now have Randy booked for August 17th and I just have to wait for that date this year to make the phone call! I called Disney weddings just to check if there was anything else I could do and the CM said to make a wishbook, though it doesn't seem that applicable for Escape weddings?

Congrats on your upcoming wedding! :goodvibes I scrapbook a little bit! I have no pics to share, though, but I appreciate the love of this craft. Its time consuming, but so much fun!!! Good luck with your planning and I look forward to reading more of your pj!! ;)

Thanks Cosi-bella :D

I was reading on here about Trash Your Dress the other day, and it's something I could never do (I hate destruction of any kind!) but today it was featured on Five News here in the UK. They had a bride whose dress cost £1000 - eek!!

We had a real stroke of luck yesterday! We were at a shopping centre and were browsing for shoes when DF saw they had two pairs of men's shoes for £50, and he found a pair that he liked for the wedding, as well as a new pair of everyday work shoes.

Then, I found a gorgeous pair of shoes for the wedding that were only £30!! Plus a bag for £15.

I can't believe we got all those things in one go! Will photograph later and try to post photos :D

Here is a link to the shoes.

Here is a link to my dress, although it does not do the detail justice!

that dress is beautiful...looks godessy and so comfortable!

It really is comfortable, and weighs next to nothing.

Hopefully it won't be too difficult to transport on the plane either!

Beautiful dress!!! It can be surprising how much the dresses can be. Even ones that are not huge ball gowns!! Can't wait to see a pic with you in it.

Hi all,

Sorry I haven't posted for a while. Unfortunately our home was burgled 10 days ago and it's been quite horrible. They didn't trash the place, luckily, just emptied out some drawers and took obvious electrical equipment e.g. laptop, Wii, camera etc.

Even more luckily they didn't touch any of my wedding things, as that would have been awful.

For a while we considered if we wanted to do a three week trip anymore, but decided that we would not let these awful people stop us from living our lives. Instead we are installing a security gate in front of the door, and adding more locks to the windows.

In any event, the friend I invited to the ceremony has told me that several more of my friends would be willing to make the trip to Florida, even though they know they wouldn't be able to attend the ceremony! That made me feel very special :cloud9: :wizard:

What terrible news about your home! I'm glad they didn't take anything sentimental to you. What an awful thing to experience. :(

On a happier note, that is great news about your friends being willing to make the trip even though they know they won't be able to go to the ceremony. You've got some great friends.

I love your shoes and the dress - it has such a a romantic look to it.

Thanks for your reply - we're lucky that our friends have been wonderful to us through this :)

OMG, I just came across your pj and I'm totally excited!!! I'm also getting married in August 09!!!! There aren't too many of us out there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter