Jellyrolls?

Discussion in 'Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers' started by iloveokw, Sep 13, 2012.

1. iloveokw

iloveokw DIS Veteran

Any tips for Jellyrolls? Going for the first time. Can you use your room charge?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Cheshire Figment

Cheshire Figment <font color=red><marquee behavior=alternate>Friend

It is LOUD!

4. PAcpl

PAcpl The more you like yourself, the less you are like

Cover is twelve bucks. Doors open at 7, players start at 8. After Illuminations it will most likely be standing room only.

If you make it to last call there will a Disney bus in front of the resort that will take you back to your resort.

Have fun!

5. Stacy's a freak

Stacy's a freak wrangles snakes

Go! It can be loud and very fun! Sing along!

But I do NOT think you can use your room charge. I believe it is a completely separately-run entity - it just so happens to be on Disney property.

6. PAcpl

Freak is correct. You can run a tab, but not on your room key.

7. SarahFarra

SarahFarra Mouseketeer

Ooh I'm excited too! Going for the first time in a couple months!

Will the last call bus take you to any resort?? We won't be staying at Boardwalk (not sure where we're staying as it's a surprise!) but we are staying somewhere on property. And I'm guessing it's a good idea to get there right at 7 or before?

8. richmar

richmar Earning My Ears

Bring ear plugs! It's loud! Learn the words to "Sweet Caroline". Great sing a-long.

9. PAcpl

It is supposed to take you to DTD, but I have never heard of a bus taking a guest anywhere but to their resort at 2am(assuming its on Disney property).

10. SarahFarra

SarahFarra Mouseketeer

Red Sox fans, we know Sweet Caroline like we know Happy Birthday haha! Can't wait!!

11. Disney Dreams

Disney Dreams Proudly afflicted with TDMA!

I realize this sounds cheap, but I am seriously asking:

We have heard that Jellyrolls is a fun place. "We" is just me and DH. With all the entertainment offerings at WDW, it seems tough to us to justify $12 just to enter a place.

We are not "tight spenders." We will pay top dollar for a great meal or incredible experience without thinking twice. Cover charges are generally just such a ripoff.

Is it sooooo unique that $12 is well spent on, ummm, well, nothing?

Thanks,
    Dreams

12. SarahFarra

SarahFarra Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if Jellyrolls has a busy and slow season or days of the week? I'm thinking maybe so since this is true for the individual theme parks. For instance, during F&W does Jellyrolls feel a lag in business?

13. PHLtoMCO

PHLtoMCO Disboards helps me cut back on Facebook.

I'm guessing the cover charge went up? When I was there in June, cover was $10. Anyway, tons of fun, worth the cover charge. Bring some $1s for your song requests. Eat before you go because they only offer popcorn; no other food options.

We make it a point to go at least once every trip!

14. WDW Obsessed

WDW Obsessed Mouseketeer

If you don't want to pay for the same experience, go to POR for the same show. :P

15. Disneyandphilliesfan

Disneyandphilliesfan Mouseketeer

From Por it cost a cab ride home so pick your posion lol

16. travelin' tigger

travelin' tigger DIS Veteran

Usually the quieter days during the week are Sundays and Mondays. But if there's a convention around, things can get really busy.

As far as a business lag, maybe around Christmas when most people are there with kids??

17. PAcpl

Yes, the cover and big red cup both went up a couple of bucks at the beginning of the year. We were there this past May and saw the new pricing.

It is Disney, so you NEVER know what the crowds are going to be like from one night to the next. One of the best times we have ever had at Jellyrolls was on a Monday night. The bar was packed and the crowd was absolutely perfect!

18. MyMuse

MyMuse From here...to there!

I plan on doing this next trip since it was a request for a birthday celebration!

It does indeed get loud, but lots of fun. I do wish they had finger food options besides all the booze.

19. PAcpl

You can always stop at ESPN Club or Big River and grab something to go. Jellyrolls will allow outside food in the bar if you want more then popcorn.

20. PHLtoMCO

PHLtoMCO Disboards helps me cut back on Facebook.

I just realized we were on the gues list and didn't pay cover in June when we were there so that must be why I didn't notice the change in cover price! On well, still very worth it in my opinion!

21. MyMuse

MyMuse From here...to there!

I didn't know you can bring food in! Thanks for the info!